Victorian house planters

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I recently got these cute little planters, and I would love to put them in my kitchen window and plant herbs/flowers/SOMEthing in them.. I know I need to find some kind of pot to put in the wells (which are 2” in diameter and 2¼” deep) so I can take them in and out to water. The window doesn't get a lot of sunshine, but we have a fluorescent light above it that I can leave on more often that I do now. Any ideas or thoughts? I've never really "done" houseplants before, so I'm not sure where to start. :-)

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

I like them ! I'm always looking for holders for my plants. I enjoy growing minature African violets and other plants in decorative holders !
These pots are perfect for them.
2 inch round, white, sturdy, made to last.

$.07 each $6.75 per 100 $33.00 per 500
They have holes in the bottom too.
http://www.secretgardenrareplants.com/catalog.cfm?category_id=16
You can buy one pot or a thousand. If you spend up to $100.00 shipping is only $10.00. They sell lots of other pots and plants . If you are wanting only a few pots post over in the African violet/Gesneriad forum some of the people are buying pots and would sell you just what you want and shipping to your home !

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks, Violet_Treasure!!!

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

your wellcome where did you buy them ?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

From a friend's mom, actually. I'm not sure where she got them. They say "Nurserymen's Exchange" on the bottom.

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Thank you ! I fount their web sight and it looks like they sell a lot of nice items but only for wholesale. ?? I emailed them.
Founded by Carl and Virginia Pearlstein more than 60 years ago, Nurserymen’s Exchange has grown into one of America’s leading Wholesale Home and Garden companies. World renowned as an industry leader in horticulture, we remain committed to providing quality products that enhance the beauty of the home, garden and patio. Wholesale only, our BloomRite® brand includes blooming plants, tropical plants and foliage, bulbs and packaged shrubs. We also carry a complete line of home and garden designs.

Nurserymen’s Exchange has operations in California and Florida. Each location is designed to bring you the very best in quality, design, and variety. We deliver nationwide and our extensive product line is shipped retail ready.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'd grow herbs if you use fresh herbs for cooking.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I thought about that, too. Do you think they would grow in such a small pot?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

sure!

(Confession - I have never grown herbs in a pot but really I dont see why they wouldn't.)

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Yes I agree they will grow in small pots just fine ! Kitchen window is perfect this will give them extra humidity with cooking and water running !

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

I have considered getting a set of victorian house cannisters (pottery) to use for larger plants. (Get a morter bit to drill a hole.) I think it would look great in the right setting. I see them occassionally for cheap at thrift shops.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Well, now I'm waffling between herbs and violets. LOL I was a little too late to get into the little pot buying party in the AV forum. (Ummm.. that didn't come out quite right.. Sorry!) I've learned a lot about AVs by hanging out in there, though. :-)

Hey, Flicker, the friend's mom that I bought these from also had some porcelain townhouse canisters. I think they would make really fun planters. She's going to have a garage sale in the spring, but if she can sell the stuff without the hassle, she'd be thrilled! If you like I'll get a picture of them for you. D-mail me!

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Av's would be nice too !
I don't have any two inch left or I would send you some. Next month I am going to order some more if you don't have any by then I can send you some :))

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.