Dec "Happy Holidays Bingo" Calls

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Oohhhhh, I'm likin Frosty Fun!!! Love the bunny too!!

Jill, I haven't seen Humpty Who yet, but I love the name!! We'll have to see if I can grow a sucker!! This African Violet collecting is really fun!!

I got 1 today!!

Debbie

(Zone 1)

Ooooh! I want a bunny like that! We haven't seen any bunnies in our yard this year .... neighborhood cats roaming, maybe is the problem! I only have one bunny in my yard now, but he's made of resin! LOL.

Lin

p.s. oh .... I now have 5 on my Bingo Card!

Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

Will someone watch my card? I am having problems with my Tower. I will have to send it back to HP. Not sure when; but I thought I would ask now.
Thanks,
Linda

Drumheller, Alberta, Canada(Zone 3a)

Only have 4 so far ;(

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL, "Humpty Who?" is what I call the plants that I grew from a leaf (which won't propagate true on a chimera) of 'Rob's Humpty Doo'.... The person who sent me the leaf didn't realize 'RHD' was a chimera, but I didn't see any reason not to grow it out... I got a couple of cute little plants, put them together in one pot, and am waiting for them to bloom again!

Janet, I like your "bunny meets snowbunny" edit on that photo! Yes, he was in my yard... and as long as he sticks with the clover he's eating in that photo, we'll get along fine. I do "relocate" bunnies when I start getting overrun with them, but as long as they're not going crazy chowing down on my garden plants I'm OK with them. In my yard, at least, they're much less destructive than groundhogs. I think last year I only had 4 or 5 resident bunnes (as opposed to over 20 last year until I moved a bunch of them with Grandpa's trap).

I'm not usually that huge a fan of white blooms ("seen one, seen them all" sort of thing... I like having a couple of white varieties, but see no need to have a dozen), but I love the crispness of those white flowers against the variegated foliage of those varieties above!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Ohhhhhh, LOL. I thought Humpty Who was a real name!!! LOL Newbe silliness!!! LOL I think I put down a leave from a chimera too, but I haven't had time to check out the name yet, but I'll be sure to. Don't remember the name, I'm not home right now.

Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

I stll need someone to watch my card. Anyone willing?
Linda

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Linda I will ! Can you please send me your card Dmail :))
Allison

Crossville, TN(Zone 6b)

Thanks,Allison. I just sent it to you. I hope to have my tower back before Christmas.
If not, then Merry Christmas to all.
Linda

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Your very wel-come ! Good Luck Linda :))

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

Not a single one for me this time. ; ( Does this mean I get the private ESP line to you cedar?? haha

I used to work as a tutor for the kids of a pretty funny family. They lived in a nice, peaceful neighborhood in the greater Kansas City area...kids out jumping on the trampoline, etc...try to envision it in your mind...nice, blue sky...birds chirping...lol Then the boys would see a bunny rabbit in the yard and go running for dad as though a giant bear were coming at them. Dad would get out the pellet gun and chase 'er down...into the neighbor's yard and aiming toward houses...no biggie. I can laugh about it now, but I was horrified the first time I saw it. By the way, their neighbors are used to it and thank him for controlling the rabbit population.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Linda, I hope they'll get your 'puter fixed so you'll be back online soon!!

This must be my lucky day -- I got all 3! That still makes just 6 for me so far, but who knows, perhaps it's the start of a lucky week! :-)

Homosassa, FL(Zone 9a)

i got 2 so far.good luck all

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Ness' Snow fun

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Rebel's Snowy Bright

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Wrangler's Winter Laughter...this is the third one called today...I have one on today's list...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Only TEN more for bingo!!!! Geeze... *planti rolls her eyes*

(Zone 1)

Poor little Bunnies. I'm not an activist, and I do eat meat. I'm just against hunting as "Sport". If folks need the meat to eat than I can understand, but it always makes me wonder about human beings when they feel the need to kill God's creatures for sport, to have a trophy to hang over their fireplace, using the "excuse" that they need to cull the herds! It makes me sad. I have heard that it needs to be done so that overpopulation, disease and starvation don't take over in the animal kingdom. Hmmmm ..... Gives me something to think about, I guess. I just wonder .... for instance, we euthanize our sick and dying pets to save them from suffering, but we don't allow human euthanazia .... Hmmm? Those kids that Cjolene used to tutor will grow up thinking it's no "biggie" killing little rabbits who aren't doing them any harm. I would be horrified seeing something like that too .... horrified that an adult is teaching his kids that it's okay. I think it's against the law here, but maybe they have an open rabbit hunting season in KS? Wonder how that dad would feel if someone were chasing him down with a pellet gun to shoot to kill?

Don't mind me .... sorry .....just rambling ......

Lin

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Lin, I know we're O/T here, and I'm not trying to start a big debate... but if we won't or can't have wolves and coyotes around, then we need to fill the "predator" role. I'm against hunting purely for sport also, I figure people should eat the fish that they catch (and keep) or the deer that they kill, but it's not a simple issue... too many rabbits are destructive, and too many deer are both destructive and dangerous on the roads. Maybe there's a better way to limit populations -- birth control salt licks or something -- but I think hunting does have its place.

That said, I can't imagine chasing every bunny I see through the neighborhood with a pellet gun... sure couldn't get away with that sort of behavior in my neighborhood!

OK, back on topic.... Those huge, frilly blooms on 'Rebel's Snowy Bright' are really spectacular! I love plants that hold their blooms up above the foliage in a little bouquet like that, too.

(Zone 1)

I'm not usually into white flowers, but that Rebel's Snowy Bright ..... Love that flower .....

And Oh My Gosh .... Really, Really LOVE that 'Wranglers Winter Laughter', with those white edged leaves and white flowers ..... looks almost like a painting! Think I've found a "favorite" AV with white flowers in that one!

Lin

p.s. Critter: Yea, I guess God made Man over Beast, or however it goes. Back in pioneer days I guess folks had to hunt to be able to eat. And, yes, on this planet I guess there is a place for hunting until they have something like Birth Control Salt Licks .... which I've always wondered why some scientist hasn't come up with something like that to control animals in the wild. LOL. Maybe someday .... but I know there will always be people out there who want to hunt just for the thrill of killing, which is a shame.

Lin

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

Sorry- didn't mean to start a debate...they didn't do it for sport. They had tried everything to keep them out of their garden, but they couldn't keep the rabbits out. The rabbits would eat EVERYTHING! I should've stated that but just assumed people could read my mind...everyone except cedarnest...lol...but she'll read it next time before the next call, right???

(Zone 1)

But, this was a pleasant debate discussion .... Critter and I are both nice people! LOL

And, I love debating/discussing plants!

Lin

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

lol Yes, I've noticed everyone in this forum seems so friendly. I told several people that it feels like one big slumber party in here. ; )

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Sorry I have been away all day.Christmas shopping called.I put a pretty good dent in it too! LOL

Gorgeous pictures Janet.I never knew av's came in so many different shades and shapes of white : ) I never realized so many with holiday names would be white.They are all pretty tho : )

OK CJ The direct esp line is now open ! LOL Better send those vibes fast because with everyone elses vibes coming in all at once it gets pretty crowded in my head.I don't have that much room in there the way it is.

Well I noticed I have now totally stopped making any sense at all so I better get to bed.Wow the older I get the harder it is for me to go shopping.It takes way to much out of me and not just money.I feel my Power Shopping days are over!

Goodnight Everyone and Good Luck!

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

I will be sending my vibes in purple with a peach scent, okay??? lol

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Well Its time to see if any esps went through! LOL Good Luck!!

Homosassa, FL(Zone 9a)

your esp must be working got 2 today yea!!!! yea!!!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

LOL Eunice.Maybe there is something to that esp thing after all! Good Job!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Christmas Carol

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Wintergreen

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Icicle Rose

Thumbnail by JanetS
Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Oh I guess there are other colors besides white on the holiday av's.Those are wonderful. I really Love Wintergreen.I wonder if that is a mini?

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Looking at wintergreen's picture looked Mini to me. But it's not.
Wintergreen (878) 02/01/1957 (C. Ulery) Double blue and white. Variegated. Standard
Nice Vintage ! I wonder if their the same plant ? FC did not have a picture.

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

I went and looked at AVSA Photo's and WinnerGreen was posted above instead of Wintergreen !
I still see no variegation in Wintergreen.
http://www.avsa.org/Photographs/WintergreenLrg.jpg#http://../Photographs/WintergreenLrg.jpg#

Sometimes different environments plants lose or sport their variegation. Then by surprise when your progated or in cool weather the variegation may come back :))

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

Whoo hoo!! Someone intercepted that Wintergreen in there (is someone else using my purple esp vibes with a peach scent??) but that's okay because she sure is pretty. ; ) I got the 2 others, though!! Whoo hoo!!! lol

Red Oak, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm in love with Christmas Carol!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I would take any of them..they all make me smile!

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

That settles it...I get Wintergreen, achoogardner gets Christmas Carol, and JanetS gets Icicle Rose. Now...who's giving them to us?? lol jk

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

You know I just realized I don't have even one av with a holiday name either.Wouldn't that be neat to have one of them blooming this time of year?I am really envious of anyone who does.Of the ones Janet has shown us so far I would have to say by favorite is Critters Snow Bunny.That was very clever Janet : ) Really tho I really Love Ness' Peppermint Stick.I could just eat it up!!

Drumheller, Alberta, Canada(Zone 3a)

Only have 6 so not doing well :(
Dawna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.