Is my Pink Princess ok

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

I have had this plant for about 1 year is it doing ok? it looks kind of sick to me is there any help to get it bigger and wider?
Kim

Thumbnail by Dimmer
( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

This is another look

Thumbnail by Dimmer
Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Sorry to say it doesn't look long for this world. It looks seriously over-potted too. I'd take it out of the pot and wash all the soil off the roots, put it in a smaller pot with fresh compost somewhere fairly warm.

Good luck, hope it makes it.

The first pic looks much better than the 2nd. I agree with Kniphofia tho. Pot it down to maybe a 6 inch pot. The PP grows slowly and then takes off! Good luck with yours!

Susan

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

I was also going to suggest that when you re-pot it, be sure that your soil mixture is "crunchy" and drains well. I added quite a bit of orchid mix and perlite to mine and since then new leaves all the time. It's VERY important for the roots to get air on this one. I have mine in a bottom watering pot and she seems to like that. I mist mine quite frequently as I am in Maine and this plant LOVES humidity from what I have been told. Maybe try watering with H2O2 a couple times to "tickle" the roots and get her jump started again once you have her in her new home.

Here is a picture of "Dianna" to encourage you.

Kim

Thumbnail by kimskreations
( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

Ok I will put in smaller pot but its not a bushy plant from the picture that you sent I think mine look some what like yours I have been on the wrong train of thought so I will get to work on that thanks for all the infor
Kim

Thumbnail by Dimmer

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.