Thankful gardeners?

There are a total of 388 votes:

Yes, we had a great garden this year, so we're thankful for that!
(83 votes, 21%)
Red dot

The garden wasn't so great, but I enjoyed gardening
(66 votes, 17%)
Red dot

I'm thankful for nature's beauty in every season
(169 votes, 43%)
Red dot

I'm thankful this garden season is over!
(8 votes, 2%)
Red dot

I'm grateful for the great weather we've had this year
(18 votes, 4%)
Red dot

I'm thankful for something else (what is it?)
(44 votes, 11%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

"If you truly love nature you'll find beauty everywhere!" - Van Gogh

And I am also thankful for all the new friends I've made from DavesGarden.
carol

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i voted for #1!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

I am thankful for being alive and in good health so I can enjoy nature's beauty!!!
larry

Marysville, WA(Zone 7a)

This years garden was adequate. Always a 'work in progress', there is the hope that next year will be better. More than the love of my own garden, as imitative as it may be, I am thankful for the continuous beauty of Nature, and moreso for the ability to enjoy it throughout the year.

Katy, TX(Zone 8b)

We couldn't get to the garden as early as we had wanted because I was recovering from surgery but it was surprising what we did get done. The beds looked ok but could be better and if we keep our health and "the river don't rise" in some form or other, next year will be better. I would have answered about 3 of the choices because DGers have been so helpful and I am most thankful to all of them - even my detractors. If your were on a plane way up there, our little piece of ground would have looked wonderful. Way down here it wasn't all that great. Guess it's a matter of perspective...... Thanks to all and Happy Thanksgiving w/blessings to each and every one of you!

Ann

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Definitely could have voted for more than one this time. Voted for #3, but it was a close call with #1, and I'm always thankful for new friends and all the great advice on DG.

Horsens, Denmark

Just thankful that I have a little tiny garden and to get some dirt between my fingers :o)))

Burlingame, CA(Zone 9a)

I voted for #6 - I'm thankful that I finally have a garden to call my own! Parts of it were very successful, others not so much, but "thanks" to all the wonderful folk at DG it will only get better. :-)

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

I could have voted four way, but picked "something else..." I'm thankful for having found Dave's Garden, and for all the things that went right this year, and also for the things that went wrong. Next season should be amazing!

Midland, WA(Zone 8a)

Thankful for new job which gave me Fridays off this summer! I could keep up with mowing the lawn, for which accomplishment I rewarded myself with rose bushes, spring bulbs, and a bigger vegetable garden for 2007.

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Just thankful for all my blessings...home, healthy family, vehicles that run, job.....etc...

cardiff, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

Im thankful that plants actually survive my torture lol
Its been a nice year! but im hoping that next year will be better,
We will have to see!

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

I`m with justfurkids

Quoting:
And I am also thankful for all the new friends I've made from DavesGarden.
carol

[IMG]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7413/dscn1211vz4.jpg[/IMG]

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

I have a lot to be happy about, My Garden, My Art, And this morning when I got up,
I was breathing. Thats always a good thing.

Thumbnail by ginger749
Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

I bought my first house last spring, which has a huge yard that I'm busy turning part of into a garden. So I'm thankful that I finally have a garden at all.

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

I could have chosen almost every one (except being glad the season was over), but opted for "other." I am incredibly grateful for my good health that allows me to do all the gardening I want to.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm grateful for the weather we had. It rained when we needed it. The grass is still as green as it was in May. July and August brought no burn outs. The garden wasn't great, but I canned a lot in spite of it. The fruit trees were fantastic! We had a few really hot days, but more nice days. It was as close to perfect as you can get in Iowa!

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

After an exceptional 2005 vegetable and fruit year, it would have been hard to repeat that. However except for a lesser apple crop year and the bad hail in late June that decimated the peppers and lessened the melon crop a bit, it was a bountiful year and a year to to thankful.

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

I'm a nature child grown up so I voted for 4. Also thankful to know like minded people. Thanks all!

Kissimmee, FL(Zone 9b)

I just love my new garden, and trying new plants I have nothing apart from a few roses that I grew before - and all that sunshine to go with it, Oh yes newxt year more new seeds to sow.

cardiff, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

I totally agree with ginger749 I have made many new friends on DG

Ballintleva, Ireland

I have a new garden - that is in the wild's of Ireland

I'm grateful for the "beginning" of a garden.....that the brambles have been cleared - that the ditches are all clear, that the flower beds are in the process of being prepared and that my new greenhouse is at last in place.

I'm grateful that I found DG - especially Winter Sowing and the Seed Trading

I grateful for the promise of things to come.......I can't wait for next year !

Thumbnail by WillowandSpike
-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

I'm thankful for my and my family's health. It's been a rocky year for that, but we're all still here!
I'm thankful for what my garden brought forth this year, even though the weather was so hot and it just wouldn't rain!
I'm thankful for DavesGarden and everyone in it! You guys are the ones who like to share the same kinds of things that I do!

Happy Turkey Day!

This message was edited Nov 20, 2006 4:34 PM

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Our garden wasn't so great because we had a terrible drought....but I had fun trying!

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I am grateful to have a hobby that keeps me active outside and out of the house for half of the year - the other half seems longer ;(

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

I'm thankful that I was able to go out and play in the dirt, and for the hope of trying again next year! I'm also thankful for all the patient, more-experienced DGers who kindly answer my questions, no matter how dumb they may be!

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I'm thankful that we moved to Florida. I'm thankful that anything you stick in the ground grows and grows and grows. If it doesn't, you rip it up and put something else that will. Here's a picture of my main bed. There was nothing there 10 months ago. The picture is taken from the 2nd floor's balcony.

Sylvain.

Thumbnail by lourspolaire
-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

lourspolaire, that's beautiful! Congratulations.

I'm thankful to the previous owners who planned the terraces, installed drip systems and planted the beautiful liquidamber trees which give us shade in the hot summer, turn beautiful colors in the fall and let the morning sun in to warm us in the winter. We are blessed that these people planned a natural setting without lawn to water and mow and gave us a structure to work with as we learn how to garden.

Barbara

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

I'm thankful for my sister who helped me start my garden...and for the wonderful folks I have met on DG who also have contributed towards helping me get my garden started. I still have a LOT to do and this year's drought really made it tough because I ahd to spend a couple of hours a day standing around watering...till I discovered that it did bettter to just run a hose ont he area and soak it. LOL! Ah well, I am dealing with a whole new type of sopil...and a drought on top of that. It has been a learnign experience! Next year will be awesome!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Nice attitude Bamabelle!

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

I am most thankful for returning good health, and being able to garden as much as I could between hospital stays. Really looking forward to next spring.

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

I have so many things to be thankful for! Too many to mention for sure.

Today however, i am most grateful for high quality antibiotics, as my daughter is very ill.

Melissa

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I have too much too much to thank God for but I feel a sence of hope in my recent landscape changes. It is not fun to garden here but every new ray of hope is something to be thankful for and we have had 77, 78 88 degree fall so I got blessed with time.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

It was a sorry garden because I made lots of mistakes, I learned a lot. And it will all start to come together next spring.

Blyth, ON(Zone 5b)

I voted that I'm thankful for nature's beauty in every season. Note that I did not say I actually like every season (I really don't like being cold), but I most certainly can appreciate the beauty in the way a layer of ice on branches and stems reflects and refracts the light like little tiny prisms, making everything sparkle like magic.

Cardiff, ON(Zone 4a)

I loved experimenting with my new garden and learned a lot for next year. What I'm most thankful for is the safe and happy arrival of my daughter earlier in November and that my parents were able to be here for her birth. I have truly been blessed.

Tollhouse, CA

Every year in the garden is distinctively diiferent from any other year. This provides us with opportunities to learn, change, deal with losses and successes and ultimately, give back to our planet in some small way. I am thankful that so many people have discovered that "to garden" is one of life's greatest gifts.

Thumbnail by gardeningjen
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I voted for "something else" because it's a mix of so many blessings - the flowers, the fresh veggies, the people and the fun at DG, new plants, but most of all for DH and family, especially the welcome to spring via the arrival of grandson, Charlie, on March 20th.

Thumbnail by pirl

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.