Euphorbia

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

was at a craft show two Saturday's ago , and it was at the home of the crafter herself. Everyroom in her home had been turned into display areas for her fall and winter crafts. Everything was very pretty. I didn't buy a thing. ( Much restraint was needed , but was helped out by low funding. I was broke.)On the way back to the car, I passed her trash that was set out for pick up. We had just had a killing frost and all her hanging baskets were out for trash pick up. One plant with a tiny little white bloom was trying to live on after the freeze. It was dainty and I liked it alot. I picked off a couple of stems and took them home and put them in a vase of pansies I had on the dining room table. When I was ready to throw out the pansies , I was amazed that the stems had REALLY grown roots. I looked it up and it is Euphorbia 'Diamond Frost'. In the research to name it, I found it is a good houseplant and will be coupled with poinsettias this Christmas by the commercial growers to add fullness in the pots. If you should buy one, you should keep the Euphorbia as a houseplant until it can be added to a summer hanging basket. It looks like it will be a great addition to any hanging basket. Lou

This message was edited Nov 10, 2006 6:22 PM

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Great rescue dispatcher1. It is amazing what people throw out. I would have taken hanging baskets also. One man trash is another man treasures.
Patti

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Is the cultivar name maybe 'Diamond Frost' instead of Mountain frost? I've seen 'Diamond Frost' being advertised in magazines this year planted in arrangements with poinsettias. Just wanted to doublecheck the name in case people go looking for it--it's a really gorgeous plant! Or maybe there are both Diamond and Mountain Frost!

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I goofed! It is Diamond Frost. Thanks for the correction. Iwish I could change the Thread title. Lou

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.