On the Move!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Mcglory, move over! My cannas are taking over my basement --Moby's basement is alot bigger.

Moby & Tazzy--I'm so pleased for both of you. Next spring is going to find you gardening under different conditions & we expect to see photos.

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Congrats to you too, Tazzy. Moving is such exhausting, hard work!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Oh Tazzy, I didn't mean to ignore your move! Congratulations! I'm happy for all those that have new digs and will get to dig anew next spring!! :)

Diann

Council Bluffs, IA(Zone 4b)

Congrats, Moby! Now let the unpacking begin!

Okay moby, fess up. With 2 weeks left at the old place, have you packed ANYTHING yet? I get a headache just thinking of organizing our home for a move. Amazing how much junk you can collect in 16 years in one house!

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

MOBY
dont pack get big dumpter and just start over it way to much
work ,that could be spent in garden
Worked for me LOL

Thumbnail by tazzy
Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

Congrats on the house, Moby!!!

Johnston, IA(Zone 5a)

We are so happy for you and Dave.
Our Best Wishes,
Ron and Peggy

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Thanks so much, everyone.

Tazzy ~ your dumpster idea is looking really good right now. Truth be known, we haven't packed a thing because we never intended to. The plan is to fill several boxes, throw them in the vehicles and run it over to the new house, put things away and go back for more. It's is only 2 blocks away so it's not like anything needs to be safely packed.

We're shooting for the 'big move' on Thanksgiving weekend as DH and I both have a 3 day weekend after the holiday.

McGlory ~ if you want to store your cannas in the dungeon, go right ahead. (but there might be boogiemen down there!)

Or Aliens....

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

or naughty children....

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Could this be another thread???? What's LURKING in Moby's Basement? LoL.

...or maybe... UGOs.....

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Moby, I am absolutely thrilled for you! I might even have to eek out a housewarming plant for ya come spring. ;)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Thanks!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Welcome to the dungeon.....

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Who knows what evil lurks below?? Anyboby want to check for UGO's? Not me!

Thumbnail by Moby
Council Bluffs, IA(Zone 4b)

I thought it was pretty cool! A great piece of history and perfect for storage!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

Moby, what was it? Root celler??

Diann

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Bomb shelter, I imagine. Houses in this neighborhood were built in the 50's ~ you know, back in the McCarthy era when we had to worry about all those commies running around with bombs. My current house has a little door under the basement steps that goes to a room under the garage floor. But we won't go there ~ yuck!

Lisbon, IA(Zone 5a)

The neighbor up the road had an old water cistern and they drained it, sealed it and knocked a door into it from their basement and they use it as a storm shelter. We have an old water cistern and Dan thought that would be a great idea for us. I told him to fill it in with sand or fill lime, I wasn't going near it.... I had visions of the movie "Silence of the Lambs."

Diann

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Perfect place for me to store my cannas, Moby.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Yep, sure is ~ bring 'em on over if you'd like. :)

Haydenville, MA(Zone 5a)

Wow, that has to be a great place to store plants overwinter....does it stay pretty cool?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I would guess it stays cool as it is lower than the basement and on the north side of the house. Plus there is a pipe at the far end that goes from the ceiling to above ground level for ventilation. (and probably plenty of cold air coming in too)

Beachwood, OH

What a great story Moby! Thanksgiving came early for you and I bet you were truly thankful!!!

OK ,
you can put the boxes down and come up for air ?

Thumbnail by tazzy
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Thanks alyrics ~ I really was truly thankful.

For Thanksgiving we had a quick dinner on paper plates ~ I picked up a Honeybaked ham and some rolls, and my folks came and brought a couple side dishes.

We had a moving truck for 4 days so a lot of junk (garage / basement) got moved. This was more of a boxing / cleaning / moving endeavor as the new house needed a thorough cleaning last week. We're still in the old house and will have moving men come next weekend to do the really heavy stuff. (why did I ever buy a solid oak bedroom set??) I have this week off so I'll continue moving the smaller things.

Yes, I NEED a hug!

Oh, but Moby, that yard alone is worth it! Wait until your daylilies & iris get some real sun. What a surprise you are going to get!

Are you having fun yet ?
the joy of unpacking is never ending .
I still have stuff lost some where in boxes and i moved in July .
In fact still searching for 6 box's of Christmas cards
bought on sale last Jan .
Guess who isn't sending out cards till i find them in July of 2008 ?

Thumbnail by tazzy

Hey Tazzy, I'm searching for the same thing! And I don't have the excuse of moving! LOL I just know my DH "put" them somewhere so we'd "know" where they were when we wanted them. He even admitted it. LOL

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Nope, the 'fun' is just beginning ~ only the most essential are unpacked. Getting the last of the junk out of the old house right now. Has to be ALL done today as I have a very important date tomorrow!

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Oh, that's enticing! You must tell....

Southern, WI(Zone 5a)

Do tell.....

tapping foot waiting for gossip,
or any think to twink up my boring life

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

LOL You guys! Going to llilyfan's tomorrow (in southern Iowa) for a little holiday get-together.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sounds like a party to me!
Have fun!!
Bernie

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

And what a party it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Moby and DH, Wandasflowers and DH, Iowaron and DW, Anahi and DH, our friend Teresa whom some of you mmay have met at the RU, and a newbie to our group my friend Kim and BF.

Going to take me a week to recover from all the fun!!!!!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Did you have brownies ?
Or snicker doodles ?
Glad you had a good time.
We went to a friends house in town Sat afternoon. A open house thing. Lots of people & too much goodies. I tried not to over eat, but---
Bernie

pouting here ,
i want pictures .
bet Wanda had a lamp shade on her head before she left
and Moby danced the boug a loo ? .
I would have done a table dance if i had been there

Thumbnail by tazzy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.