My Visit to Harpers!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

As promised, I took pictures! Chilly morning for an early start but we really had fun :) Even our husbands, who just kind of groaned when we finally arrived enjoyed it. We spent two hours looking at everything and making our choices, then found another area out back that we hadn't explored, talked for awhile with Dale, one of the owners, and left three hours later. Get ready, I'm sure you'll see something here that will inspire you to make the trip!

Debbie

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Two pictures I joined to give you a panoramic view of the front display area.

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

The front of the lot

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Anyone looking for a birdbath? Only problem, they've got too many to choose from :)

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Not sure what size? Well heck, take your pick - mix and match the baths and bases, whatever you desire.

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Don't want it unfinished? You just have to decide if you want to pay a little more and then the tough decision, which finish do you like best?

Thumbnail by rcn48
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Thanks rc. I was waiting to see what all the talk was about. I like the short gray birdbath on the lower right. What did you buy?

Chris

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Not looking for a birdbath? How about some containers?

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Chris, I've got more photos - I'll fill you in, give me a couple of minutes :)

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

More containers, garden art.

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

More....

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

and more...

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

and more....

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

You wanted something larger as a focal point for the garden?

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Sorry, you were looking for something smaller? Every animal you can imagine in different sizes.

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

More choices - they even have some metal garden art!

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Maybe a chiminea (sp?)

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Or a gazing ball? They have the neatest Luminaries (small glass orbs that glow in the dark) on metal stakes - you could use them to light up a garden path at night.

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

These were cute overall planters - thinking they'd be great to plant a trailing plant in - maybe the annual Sweet Potato Vine?

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Or looking for a spot to plant Hens & Chicks? These are pretty hefty and would hold quite an assortment - stuck my shoe in there (lower left) so you could see how large they are :)

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Choice of colors - or maybe you'd like more of a "western" flavor - they have cowboy boots too!

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

I'm thinking about Loch Ness for our pond, if we can only figure out a way to get him in the water!

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

On a more serious note, they've got some nice pet memorials.

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Their cat and dog "angels" are cute :)

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

To change the mood - any Harley fans out there? These female "pigs" on motorcycles got a laugh :)

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

And from behind - LOL

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Another Harley

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

And yet one more for those of you looking for a 'garden gnome'

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Chris, sorry but with this dial up connection it takes forever! I went anticipating to buy a heron for our pond but DH wasn't crazy about it :( Ended up with a small frog and 3-piece alligator for my birdbath, a cat who will be perched on the walkway at the side of our pond (his pose makes him look like he's checking out our fish :) and DH picked up an oriental looking container, another small plain, flat container to display some of our favorite rocks from Michigan and at the last minute decided on an oriental lantern for our gardens. We WILL be going back though - couple of other things I wasn't ready for including some really nice fieldstone they sell that I plan to use for the small patio I'm building :)

Stay tuned for more - I'll post more tomorrow morning of the display area and water gardens.
Debbie

Thumbnail by rcn48
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

thanks for the tour. I think I'll go for one of those Easter Island looking guys!!!!

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

sallyg, I liked them too, just not sure where they might "fit" in my garden - but I'll be looking for a spot. This is the link on their site - $49.95 http://www.harperslawnornaments.com/catalog/facescompasses.pdf

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

A few more of the display area where their painted examples are with prices.

Gargoyles

This message was edited Nov 5, 2006 4:22 AM

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Angels and Buddhas

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Looking for a cat? The one we picked up is on the top shelf on the right - the one that looks like he's looking down to the second shelf.

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

What about a dog? If you give them a picture of your dog, they'll even try to paint a realistic rendition of your pet :)

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

All shapes and sizes

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Frogs

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Oops, more cats - the tall cat on the left is the one I'm still trying to decide if I want it.

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Wall plaques and faces.

Thumbnail by rcn48
Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

These "tinkling" toadstools are cute, like some I've seen in the Kinsman catalog, but alot cheaper!

Thumbnail by rcn48

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.