What kind of plant is this?

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

I got this plant from HD the other day. It was so beautiful and the leaves were so shiny. I brought it home and repotted it. I put most of it in a big pot and the rest in a smaller pot. Here is the bigger one. What is it?

Jesse

Thumbnail by Plantcrazii
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

It's an Aglaonema. Appears to be one of the 'Maria' varieties.

GH

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Grow Happy. I thought it was so pretty and I just had to have it to feed my addiction. LOL

Jesse

Fuquay-Varina, NC(Zone 7a)

lemme just say that the aglaonema can take some abuse!

I've had one for about 7 years. It gets water when I think about it, it's been knocked over and broken by a dog tail or a flying kitten (my friend's kitten would do the "helicopter" when playing with a kitty fishing pole and land right in my plants), and just doesn't get the love and snuggling like my hoyas. Clearly it hasn't had the best conditions for growing and blooming, but it did bloom for me once.

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

I second that! Although mine hasn't suffered from flying kitties, it has suffered from an awful lot of neglect and still it bloomed.:) It's got a new leaf unfurling even now. I have 2.5 Aggies. LOL The .5 would be 'Pride of Sumatra' who's trying to make a come back from overwatering. It's a SLOW SLOW SLOW grower. I keep trying to remember to change all new plants to my own soil after I buy them to avoid these problems, but sometimes I forget! Anyway, I also have 'Peacock' who's just about the prettiest Aggie I've ever seen(Pride of Sumatra is THE prettiest). So, Jesse, go ahead and feel free to neglect it. LOL

GH

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.