39* tonight

Emory, TX(Zone 8a)

I keep a lot of my house plants on the patio in summer. We have not had any cold weather yet and had some nice rain so I have not brought them in. what will 39* do to Rubber Plant and Palm tree and other plants like that?

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I take old bed sheets and wrap my big plants, and with little plant I just bunch them to together and then drape them with sheets over them. I make sure to take off the sheets in the morning once it warms up. My hoyas I bring in.
I am always looking for sheets at garage sales. Good Luck .
Patti

Mandeville, LA(Zone 9a)

Don't you just hate it? I had to bring all of the anthuriums in today. We're supposed to be in high 40s tonight and they can't take that. Time to lug them all to work for the winter. I use the sheets for pretty much everything else. Bunch up the small plants right next to the house and cover. Also, you can stock up on clear xmas lights now to use through the winter. They do well to provide just enough heat under the sheets. Just drape them over the plants and then cover.

Our hummingbirds have already disappeared. Makes me think we may be in for a cold winter. Blek!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.