Supermarket Dieff

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Got this at a local supermarket which, occasionally, has plants.

It's one of the large-cane type of Dieffenbachias....haven't researched enough to figure out which one.
Had to get it though, as the big ones are virtually impossible to find around here, and because of their size, they're not cheap to ship via mail order.

I took the photo 'from above' and used the 'spotlight' effect so that you couldn't see the mess on the floor around it;).....and the best feature is the leaves, anyway!

It's in a 10" pot and is about 3 ft. or so tall....the leaves are about 18" long and 8" wide (I'm guessing....it's at home and I'm not)

Thumbnail by Nan
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

I am in love. LOL Nan, that is one gorgeous Dieff! You done good GF!!! I can't get over how beautiful it is. I love Dieffs- have a few myself. BUT, I don't have THIS one, so will be on the lookout in my area for one!

GH

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Thanks, GH!

I tried to get a better shot but I was in a hurry!

I love these large cane types....they're so much easier to grow than the dwarf cultivars that flop over for no reason whatsoever....I hope you can find one!
I'd guess if they had it at this supermarket that they'll be around!

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

I actually ***think**** I have seen it around here in the winter. I have 2 very good local nurserys and one of them ALWAYS has a nice variety of Dieffs. I'm feeling lucky, Nan. LOL

GH

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

There you go....think positive....You *are* lucky!!!!
Time for a li'l drive, eh? LOL!!

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Stunning !

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

I love that one!!! Beautiful!!
Debbie

Mandeville, LA(Zone 9a)

I got one like it about a month or so at my Winn Dixie. Aren't they pretty? It's very healthy but also seems to be a slow grower. Until you posted I haven't seen another anywhere else since I got this one. I hope they get huge!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.