I got this in a trade...what is it?

Hometown, IL(Zone 5a)

I've had a lot of great trades this year on DG; the only drawback is I can't remember who I got this plant from so I can ask what it is. It was labled "purple fuzzy leaf." It's just starting to grow for me and I'd like to know what I have, so I can care for it properly.
Thanks,

Marsha.

Thumbnail by Machikoneko
Hometown, IL(Zone 5a)

A second picture...

Thumbnail by Machikoneko

It's Brown Spiderwort, Siderasis fuscata
We have three. My son loves them - they're so soft and fuzzy. They're also known as Bear's Ears. They love humidity and will bloom if happy, but mine never have... hmmmm... LOL
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/54965/index.html

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Did I send this to you? I have the same one and sent some in trades this year. Mine blooms little purplish flowers.

I did find it on the exotic angel website if you want more info.

Hometown, IL(Zone 5a)

You know, you might have sent it to me. I should keep lists of who I get what from, but I'm just not that organized!
So far, it's doing well; lost one of it's old leaves, but got two more new ones. I have it in the window that I keep my AVs in, on a pebble tray. I thought it might be a gesneriad of some type, because of the love of humidity and fuzzy leaves.
Thanks for the info, both of y'all! I love this website-there's some good people here!

Marsha.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I think I sent it, When I was repotting mine, it has several in it so I sent one to someone. I would have to go back and check my list if I noted it. I try to however sometimes it gets to difficult.

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

The flowers are so pretty too !
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/75800/

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

It's SO cute! I love plants in the Tradescantia family. I t hink this is the only one I'm missing. I've got a few different WJs, 1 Rhoeo, 1 Var. Rhoeo. Oh, I don't have the one known as Tahitian Bridal Veil. They have tons of them in one of the local GH's here, but they're really big and I don't have the room.:(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.