Why don't we attach faces to the nick names?

Tucson, AZ

Hi all :-)

On another gardening forum I post on, someone recently started a thread for us to post pictures of ourselves, instead of, but not neccesarily without our plants. A way to make the far too impersonal Internet more friendly. It has actually been a lot of fun. I now have some faces to go with the nicknames of people on that forum and it makes it a much warmer experience. Granted, some people are shy and that's ok. No one needs to feel pressured to respond to this post. So I'll start it out with a pic of me pondering whether I built a big enough greenhouse. I mean, where am I going to put it all come winter!!!!!?

Franj (Real name is David by the way)

Thumbnail by franj
Tucson, AZ

Hmm, guess everybodys too shy. Thats OK :-)

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

No, just slow. Here I am sitting in the new little cactus area I've started. (I waited till mid-morning to be sure the sun would highlight my nose.) Echinopsis hybrid 'Flying Saucer' to my right, and an
Oreocereus celsianus behind that. Native prickly pear to my left, Opuntia macrocentra I think, but who really knows with these opuntias?

Okay, anybody else?
Sheri

Thumbnail by oldmudhouse
Mesilla Park, NM

HI David,
Well, here's myself and our two dogs(Harley and Dusty)... had DH take these a few minutes ago. We are moving to Las Cruces, NM and starting over with the cactus garden. So far, there are ZERO cactus plants on the property.. 1 acre and will post some photos later on. Will be off the computer for a couple of weeks. Will move next week.

Good to see you and I hope more post their photos..

Antoinette

Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Oh Sheri, How cute is that?? Just love your hat.. will be your neighbor soon. We got a house off the HWY 478... old south maine road..

A.

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

Hey Antoinette, glad to hear you found a house!!! Omigosh no cactus?? We'll get you a starter kit from the agaves, prickly pear, and cholla in our yard to begin filling up that acre. Maybe together we can locate a cactus rescue group.

Harley and Dusty are beautiful. Good luck with the move (I hate moving and I still have unpacked boxes to prove it.)

Anyone else with a picture?

Tampa, FL

Well, i just love seeing your pics everybody...Sheri we have the same hairdo and Glasses!!! This is one time i am glad i don't have a camera..heehee....(it might break...) working on it...sue

Tucson, AZ

Great! I'm glad a few of you are responding.

Nice cactus patch you got there Sheri :-)

Hi Antoinette :-) a shame you have to leave your beautiful gardens behind. Are you digging some stuff up and taking it with you?

David

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

ill play hehe...

Thumbnail by Malestrom
Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

Thanks Dave, it is not much compared to everyone else's, but it's a start. I sincerely hope Antoinette is bringing some stuff with her, maybe the overflow will end up in MY yard! I will gladly take any plants mangled by the move or broken offsets... :-)

Sue, two equally gorgeous women in one forum? No camera is no excuse, not after I've embarrassed myself publicly. Get thee to a photo booth!

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

OOOH another gorgeous forum member! I had no idea we were all so beautiful. Lovely look, Michael, but shouldn't you be moving into fall colors soon?

Edited to add: my face hurts from laughing.

This message was edited Sep 28, 2006 1:38 PM

Mesilla Park, NM

oooh, nice photos there.. Hey Michael, nice hat..

Hi David, and all, bringing three truck loads of cactus with us. Right now they are parked at my Daughter's house in Albuquerque, NM. Took them a couple of weeks ago. Boy, am I in trouble. There are still some things I want to take from here, at least some cuttings of the Cereus Peruvianas, I don't know if I will be able to, and the monstrose cutting... Hopefully the cuttings in ABQ will survive until I get them. Told my DD to leave them alone and not to water or touch them..lol. till I get there. Some things are potted up, like the Dyckias.

Sheri,
I should have stuff to share once they recuperate or root (one or the other).. right now we have our termite inspection/treatment going today.. getting packed up early next week. trying to sneak some cuttings into the shipment.

A.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

((((((((((((((Antionette))))))))))))))) Welcome back . Miss seeing you here .
Patti

Hometown, IL(Zone 5a)

I'm noted for being camera-shy, but malestrom's pic encouraged me...LOL!
Here we are; me, and the real Machikoneko, my Siamese cat. (Thrilled to be having her picture taken, as well...)

Marsha.

(PS, now you know why I'm camera shy! M.)

This message was edited Sep 28, 2006 3:44 PM

Thumbnail by Machikoneko
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Marsha - nice tattoo!! Is that a seal point kitty?

Antionette - I've missed "seeing" you!! Hope your move goes smoothly and those plants fair well for you!! Gorgeous pups there!!

Great pics everyone!! Michael...I just don't have words!! Which plumie are you wearing?

Dave THAT look is the look I've had the past 3 weeks...we won't even discuss this weekend when I set up a stand and attempt to start phasing them indoors...LOL

Sheri - are you a pretty gal...!!

Just found this thread today in my defense...I'll see if someone wants to take a pic or I'll dig out ones from last year on my computer at home!!

Tampa, FL

Love this, Michael, whatatsense of humor!! You must smell divine!!! marsha, all this time with your "handle" i thought you were an asian lady!! it is your Cat's name...lot of people do this..how neat! And Sheri you ARE a cutie! (naturally) sue

Oshkosh, WI(Zone 4b)

This pic of me is a couple of years old. Have different glasses now and much shorter hair! It's also a self-pic, but it's the best I can do! LOL

Thumbnail by candace101
Tucson, AZ

Aaaaah! Nice to see such such a great turn out! Thank you all for participating :-)

Michael, you're so weird, LOL :-)

Hi Antoinette, I hope that truck is parked in the shade. You could be cooking those plants! Whatever you lose I can replace some of it. I've got plenty of C. hildmannianus (peruvianus is an old name), both normal and monstrose and can send you plenty of Opuntias. Also have several pups of Agave zebra. With an acre I think you'll have room for some good sized landscape plants. We'll set up you up for next springs plantings :-)
Here's some pics of my fledgling nursery.

Dave, David, Franj........Anything but Inna Gadda Davida! (Oops showing my age there, LOL)

Thumbnail by franj
Boxford, MA(Zone 6a)

Marsha, nice cat and tat!!! I am always interested in other's tattoos, but I wouldn't get one. Maybe if I were being sent to a nursing home, I'd have "This used to be HOT!!!" tattooed on my behind! And maybe some hot rod flames... that would give the nurses something to talk about. When my son was a teenager, I used to get him to behave by threatening to get an embarassing tattoo. He never got into trouble!

No pix from me. I'm OK in person, but in photos, I grow a third eye and rolls of fat. I look like a combination of Cyclops and Jabba the Hut. No, seriously!

But there IS a photo of Jax on my site.

Tampa, FL

o -Melissa.. a good one really had a good chuckle..."The HOt" tatoo....weren't we all??? Well, at least WE thought so...sue

Tucson, AZ

And a smaller area for some of the tenderer stuff.

Thumbnail by franj
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Dave - nice group of babies you've got going there!!

Re tattoos: I didn't just threaten....I got TWO!! Always good to express one's self...LOL. Ok...too dark for pics...so here's one from last year.

Thumbnail by Chantell
East Haddam, CT

Chantell, Your picture appears to reveal a calm, happy person. Of course, being drop dead gorgeous as well doesn't hurt! Bravo to you!!

Dave D.

Scottsdale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Good God, Fran! That's quite a collection of cacti!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ummm...thank you? I'm so much better when folks tell me how great my plants look. Sad statement eh? LOL

East Haddam, CT

yes, everyone, men and women everywhere tend to downplay their own looks, a near universal quality.

(which is why everyone hates to have their own picture taken!)

Dave

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

I agree with Marsha and others who've posted they normally avoid cameras...it makes me uncomfortable. But Franj asked so nicely that I couldn't ignore this thread. And of course Michael showing up with plumerias on his head sort of removes the tension, doesn't it?

Franj, you'd better be adding on to that greenhouse...or adding an upper story...or something.

Tampa, FL

You look like a pleasant, pretty, lady and there sure is a mischievous gleam in your eyes! Now why doesn't that surprise me!

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

Who me? Mischievous? Well, I was sitting there plotting how to get a greenhouse so next year I can post a photo sitting in a gorgeous conservatory setting, instead of posting another photo with my bottom sitting in the dirt. ;-)

Tampa, FL

It's the greenhouse effect....yarg. (terrible joke)..we can't sit our bottoms in the dirt for very long in Fla. Sheri,. we get fire ants in our pants! Really!! The little stinkers are always around! And Ms. Chantell looks great, but equally naughty..must be thinking also of a greenhouse....(more likely a trip to Wallyworld?)

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

So sweet...Sue...I was in Aruba and tolerating dinners...counting down till I could go snorkling again!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm a little uncomfortable doing this...and yet, I hate to be left out. I want to join the fun! So this is me. I cropped my sister out of the picture...poor thing! :)

Thumbnail by MaryEv

Im really enjoying all of this!
Im so happy to have helped bring a few of you out of your comfort zones
I try to bring at least 1 smile a day to my friends.
If you dont have one ill give you one of mine.
Heres a pic of what happens to me when im near clippers, a razor and im bored... heh...
WOOB WOOB WOOB WOOB WOOB! (Best Curly Impression)
Lovely pics everone!! The Gals are lookin' good!!

This message was edited Sep 29, 2006 12:10 AM

Thumbnail by Malestrom
Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Ok, I'll play - sorry no pix of me with plants...

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Hometown, IL(Zone 5a)

Chantell,

Yes, Machi is a seal point; I got her from the local animal welfare. I couldn't believe I found her there!
I have a total of eight tattoos at the moment- most are not visible unless I wear a sleeveless top, though.

Jax4ever: Too funny about the "This used to be hot" tattoo...now you've got me thinking...I've always loved flame jobs on cars...LOL!

Michael...you're too crazy! I'm nearly afraid to ask this, but do you have a cat or dog? I'm thinkin' that if you do, he/she should look out for you when you're done with the clippers, but still bored! Chinese hairless dog or sphinx cat, anyone? ;D Or perhaps a nice live version of animal topiary?!? (I have a friend that has a very long haired cat they get trimmed to look like a lion in the summer- now THAT'S funny...)

And finally, thank you David, for the fun topic! I'm really enjoying this, too!

Marsha.

Tampa, FL

Michael what a hoot! sigh...you're all so YOUNG!!! Marsha, my little rescue kitty came from a lady that saves cats! And every summer & fall i have a persian, that gets so many mats in her coat (even tho she is brushed everyday) the groomer says it is their saliva when they groom themselves...she gets a lion cut..looks pretty funny...but you can see how happy she is..as those nasty mats don't pull at her skin...quite painful! We leave a little tuft on the end of her tail! She looks like a feather duster when she waves it around! i gotta get a camera..feeling left out and guilty? for some reason!! sue

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

OMG, Sue - too funny!!

Michael - Back away from the clippers and no one will get hurt!!

MaryEv - I found it's better to crop folks out...other wise they stalk you for including them. Aren't you a cutie!!

Becky - Great pic!! Love the top!! (Chicos?) You at you stylin'!! You go girl!!

Vista, CA

started looking for a solo image capture of me and the most recent was a year ago in August.

Carol took this picture near the end of the 20K Masters World Championship racewalk in San Sebastian Spain. ( US National Champ racewalker)

bob
:>)

Thumbnail by thistlesifter

My dog runs when the clippers or scissors come out LOL!!
She knows.... X^P

Hubba Hubba...
All these good lookin gals!!

Im glad to announce My Lovely wife and I celebrated 19 years married on Tuesday.
I took her out to her choice of restraunts.
It was sooo nice
We ate outside on a coovered patio with a gorgeous view
The menu was
Appetizers:
Steamed Little Neck Clams, Tortilla Chips with Avacado / Spinach Dip, Ceasar Salad for 2
Entrees:
I had Shrimp Scampi on Linguini
She had Homemade Crab Cakes that were out of this world! Steamed Zuchini
Dessert:
She had the House Creme Broulie (sp?)
I had the House Bread Pudding, which I also had the following day...
I couldnt eat it all LOL!!
I still feel the pudding in my tummy HAHAHAAA.... 8^D

Please do NOT send any plant gifts lol!!
Im burried in plants and have no indoor greenhouse this winter
Everyone gets a tropical section in thier bedroom this winter heh....
Heres the Lovely Mrs. Malestrom

Bob, Fine form Bro!
Your new nickname is 'IRONMAN'!! ;^)

This message was edited Sep 29, 2006 10:58 AM

Thumbnail by Malestrom
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Good for YOU, Bob...makes me tired just imagining it!! How cool...how often do you compete?

Michael - we were posting at the same time! Now where are those earrings that you got for her bday (?)? And is that bloom the plumie you've named after her?

This message was edited Sep 29, 2006 11:05 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.