Canna ST Result's!

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

The suprise box was just mailed today and has my return addy on it

I received a wonderful surprise package from Smockette today. Thanks so much. Wonderful canna that I didn't have, can't wait for blooms next year. All kinds of seeds that I can use this spring - I'm ready to grow them now - guess I have to wait, lol. Great lillies, also.
It feels like Christmas, Thanks you soooooo much!!!

Crystal

Dublin, TX(Zone 8a)

You guys have left me in stitches after reading through the thread and getting caught up! Goodness, it is amazing what you can miss in just ONE day! :-) I wouldn't take for all of my DG friends. You guys are the best! So glad that everyone now will have their surprise boxes - - - too bad that people don't follow through with things. Seems like there is one in every bunch! :(

BECK ~ Too cool of an idea!!!!!!!!! I should have known that YOU would come up with such! I love it! I want to guess that the winner is................hmmmmmmm............maybe...........justfurkids? Just pulled it out of no where ~ can't wait to see who is the lucky one! Oh and YES, you can certainly move in with me! I do have a small house out back that my DH built that we call "The Hacienda" which is where all my dear friends stay when they visit! It has the best view of the gardens and just happens to be RIGHT next to "The Cantina"! :-)

Weather here today is just perfect! So sorry to tell all of your northern gardeners - but I don't frost until mid-December or later. Sometimes it is January! I will post pics of my gardens to keep spirits up through the cold times for everyone. Paul on the other hand has the BEST weather! He can probably garden year round!
TGIF ~ hope all of you have a wonderful weekend! I am off to sit up my fall decorations outside, I do love the pumpkins, scarecrows and gourds!
Belinda :-)

Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

nope...The only persion I am sure the surprise isn't for, is me.... since I got my original wonderful package from Beck.

I left zone 10 when I moved here to zone 7 and spring and fall and winter are all great times in the garden there but summer isn't so nice. You can always console yousrself by a trip to the beach though. :-)

Here we had our first freeze last night...got down to 24.8 degrees....brrrrr this FL girl is missing the beach for sure!

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

You never know who the suprise box is until it gets there. EVERYONE was put in the hat. HeHeHE this is fun.

Beck

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

See justfurkids, it COULD be you. . . . . But I found my Johnny Carson Karnac hat (showing my age, now) over lunchtime and the answer was .................... (not paul, lol- we love ya paul) Me! Teeehee heeee . . . . Wouldn't it be funny if it WAS paul? Beck, give us a hint, which direction will it travel? please? If you mailed it Thursday, the mailperson could bring it to me, maybe even Monday! Very sweet of you to add a fun kicker at the end of our ST. Thank you! Everyone have a great restful/productive weekend.- B

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

ooooo come to Nancy...come to Nancy.LOL It would be nice though : )

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

southwest GA wouldn't be a bad trip for it either!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

QQ

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Okay, paul. I'm not getting the QQ, is that you watching for the surprise package? Sorry, I'm just not up on the keyboard quips.

Dublin, TX(Zone 8a)

Front porch and walkway is now all decorated up for the fall season...............I need to take a pic and share with you guys. About that surprise package...........since Beck is missing that nice WARM weather, out of the hat popped "TexasGardenMom", right??????????? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I never win a darn thing. Not ever, so I am not one bit concerned about the "sussie" coming to my house! Dang it! :-(

Aunt B - - I love your sense of humor, you crack me up. I happen to love those 'ole Karnac hats! Send us a pic of you and your newfound hat...........come one, surely you can do that for us?
Beck ~ We need a hint, ppppppllllllllllleeeeeeaaaaassssseeeee. I am pitiful about waiting, simply pitiful.
Paul ~ QQ? Help me out, would you? I am not up on "tech terms" at all..........I have to ask ALL the time.
justfurkids ~ You got frost? BBBBBBrrrrrrrrrrrr - - - I didn't know TN got this cool so early? I love the Smoky Mountains, one of my FAV places to vacation to. You anywhere near?

I'm off to fix dinner for DH, talk to you guys tomorrow. Beck, I expect a hint dropped in, ok? LOL
Belinda :-)

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

It means iam watching for the mail LoL QQ

Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

Belinda,
I on the other end of the state...an hour east of Memphis. But I know the Smokies well, as my grandparents were from around there. Many trips into Gatlinburg each summer and picnics by the mountain streams.

Tonight its supposed to go back down to 34, if you believe the weather man. Now tomorrwo we'll be back up into the 70's! crazy

carol

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

Ok the package was seeeeeeeeeeeeeeent................

Oh man I am so terrible at direction.............................................

Leeeet see......................

Well now should I tell..................

NOT..............................

Are you in suspence yet..............

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

Well OK it went North..............

No wait that was South..............

No No No the sun comes up in the East................................................

OMG no no I am wrong again it went West...................maybe.......

lol

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Going to get cold here tonight down to about 79 brrrrrrrrrrr ill have to turn on the heat LOL Paul

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

LOL Paul you probably will have to turn on the heat that is cold for you..........LOL and a heat wave for us.........LOL

Kellyville, OK(Zone 7a)

Paul, I'm for you sending a box to everyone you have taunted on this thread. HeHe

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Paul, we all invite you to visit us for a Winter RU. Come in December when we are REALLY COLD!!! As in the 20s and teens at night and 30s during the day. LOL. Then you can experience a real cold and when you get back home you will think it's hot out.

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

You go carrjohn thats it make him pay. We need something from the warmer climate and what better than something from Paul.....hehehe

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

GO CARRJOHN GO!!!

Dublin, TX(Zone 8a)

Paul - - - thanks for tech-tip of the day. Who knew QQ was watching the mail? My, I am definitely OLD. :( Now, about that warm weather taunting you are doing...................Paul, you know that's not very nice, right? Right? Well maybe you need a little HELP - - - - let's DOUBLE TEAM 'em????????????? You up for it? :-) LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Beck - - - That was a HORRIBLE tip I want you to know. Terrible. Shame on you for teasing us like that! You MUST do better next time!
Carol - - - Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge is one of my favorite areas. DH and I love to spend our anniversary there each year. Gorgeous to wake up to all that "smoke" rising out of no where all around you. Such great memories there for us. ;-)
Forgot to take pics of my fall decor for you guys - - - oops! Now it is all cloudy out and suppose to rain later today, hooray! I've got a couple of things in the mail that I traded for that need to be planted prior to the rain, guess I better get busy! Talk to everyone later!
Belinda

Kellyville, OK(Zone 7a)

hehehe, I just won the canna lottery!!!! Paul you can stop QQ at the mail box and start packing. LOL. I JUST RECEIVED THE SECRET BOX FROM RWMEDIC!!!!! (eat your heart out Paul) hehe. Beck sent yellow w/orange spots, varigated yellow/red, yellow orange and an unkown. Thank you Thank you, ((Beck)). It looks like I am going to be busy. All these cannas and the box from Paul will keep me occupied for a while. Plus the big box I received from TGM and kareoke sent me a box of several brug cuttings. I am in ~~HEAVEN~~~ This has been the most fun I have had in a long time. Thanks to Donna and everone involved,especially the ones who have been so generous. Have a wonderfull day. John (This is for Paul (QQ) hehe)

Thumbnail by carrjohn
Midland, SC(Zone 8b)

When I got home today there was a pkg in my rural mailbox from Paul. He sent me a ST box. What a delight. Thank you so very much!!
I now have three cannas that I did not have. Oh, I love cannas! I got Orange Punch, a tall Wyoming, and Paten's red/gold.
As if that was not enough, he also sent me a lovely assortment of seed. I am facinated by the Orchid Tree seed. It looks like little coins.
Then I also received a Gorftio deep pink plant (beautiful). I have to admit I have been searching the net for photos and info about this wonderful assortment, as I had no idea what some looked like.
Now that the search is over I am thrilled and can not wait for all these to grow and flourish.
Paul, you are a sweetheart and so generous and I appreciate it so very much.

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

My Hopes Dashed Yet Again LOL : ( No I am really happy for you carrjohn and indasun.They sound wonderful. Sounds like you both will be busy for quite some time! Happy Planting! : ) Nancy

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

http://www.brugmansia.us/ you can see that Brug Here in the Gallery at this site under G regards Paul

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Has EVERYONE got there box of SURPRISE CANNA'S now???????

I NEVER heard from MOODENE or LUCKPUP,,,,,,,,,,,,,sure wish they had of been NICE enough to say I can't play!!! Oh well just as long as everyone has rec there box, Then all went well ,,,,,,,,,,,,Again THANK YOU from my 2 back-ups!! Wonderful job everyone!!

WE'LL DO THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yea, don't forget to post your feedback on your ST!

Happy Gardening To All,
Donna

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I must be the odd one out because I have received nothing from my ST : ( Really tho I was taught it is better to give than receive so it is fine.Loved being a part of this group.Hope to be in on another one in the future.They really can be alot of fun.Thanks for hosting this one Donna : ) Nancy

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Nancy,
My ST received her package on Oct 5 and hasn't gone into the post office window to claim it after several notices. I'm assuming she could not send one out herself for some reason and therefore, won't pick hers up. If and when the box I sent her comes back to me, I'm sending it on to you. Also, I think Donna's back up has you covered as well.

EDIT: update on the box I sent: the box I sent was picked up yesterday, but I'm still sending you one anyway, Nancy.

Belinda and Carol,
After my dad died, my mom decided there was nothing here (what I'm I, chopped liver?) to keep her from packing up and moving to any place of her choice in the country. She chose Gatlinburg and has been happily sipping her coffee while sitting on her deck/balcony over-looking Ski mountain in the Smokeys for the past 4 years. Didn't know a soul there. She just knew she'd find rest, peace and the comfort of nature there.

Enjoyed the Secret Canna Trade, y'all.

Deborah

This message was edited Oct 15, 2006 9:12 AM

Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

Well Gatlinburg is quite lovely. And that's not too terribly far form you Ms chopped liver...I mean Deborah. (lol....sorry couldn't resist.) I'm sure she just wanted to start fresh somewhere new, far away from hurtful memories of she and your dad together. I can't think of a better place...well maybe Hawaii.

Nancy I'd be happy to send you some yellow cannas. The tops have now been frosted but I'd have cut those off to ship anyway.

So sad seeing various previously lush growth so the shock of the cold weather.

carol

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Deborah and Carol,That is so nice of you to offer to do that! I appreciate the gesture but it really isn't necessary.I didn't intend for my last post to sound like I was whining about not receiving anything.Sorry if it sounded like that to anyone.I was just answering Donnas question. : ) Nancy

This message was edited Oct 15, 2006 8:18 AM

Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

I didn't think you were whining. I just think you should receive MORE because of the sanfu. You know..patience rewarded...that kind of thing. And we all love to share.

:-) Carol

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Nancy,
I didn't take it as whining; just that you' re the cow's tail. LOL I'm so happy to send you a box cause we all saved the best for the last.......you!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I don't mind being a cows tail. Just don't want to be a horses "you know what" LOL You all are just too great! : ) Nancy

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

South Texas State Fair-Poultry Show-Beaumont,Tx Moodene 8 Oct 15, 2006 1:15 PM

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

Hi all,

Man what happens in 1 day I couldnt get on at all yesterday at work and missed it all til now. My eyes are getting sore.

CONGRATS John, enjoy, and that is a most beautiful picture.

Yes everyone all the taunting that Paul is doing, he is a very generous trader and a wonderful person.

cedarnest you should be getting your package it was mailed same time as Johns. Sorry to let out the secret but she deserves to know that is is on the way. Maybe Monday hun. If not let me know and I will get you another box at ASAP

Beck

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

Nancy,

Here is the DC# 0306 1070 0005 0982 8867 but there is no further info yet. I also called the 800# and no different info there either. I will check Monday if you dont have it. You will get your package hun one way or another. If I have to drive it to ya....LOL

Beck

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Ok now you got me all excited !! Beck you are too much! LOL : )) Nancy

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Well, Nancy you are a very generous person, but you must have some new cannas. I can dig a couple kinds, the tops are gone but the tubers are still good. We've had a couple nights of frost, and all my tender babies are down for a long (hope not) winters nap.
Carrjohn! Congrats to YOU! I know John is a very generous trader cause he sent my ST package. The suspense was good for us all and a fun way to finish our ST. Thanks to everyone.
As for phicks: I think you are a very generous gardener and a super person with a wonderful sense of humor. I wouldn't dish out more than I thought you could "digest". See, I'm not getting THAT old, I won't be QQ for the surprise package.
As for those who signed up and didn't play, I prefer to think they probably feel much worse than the ones who didn't get their packages... and I don't know what's going on in their personal lives, so hope they are okay and hope we hear from them. I would give them 2nd chance, it's hard for me to give up on people, guess I'm just "bull-headed" that way.
Now, I went to pick up my P.O. Box mail, Saturday and there were 2 yellow cards in there, telling me there are 2 packages...... more suspense for me! (probably for my son, who has been shopping for a couple things online) but I also trade plants and seeds and I'm not the greatest at keeping track. Everyone have a peaceful Sunday and bright new week. Hugs, AuntB

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Hugs to you too, AuntB.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.