Canna ST Result's!

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

Donna,

For those who have not received by the time you alotted please let me know I have tons more that I could send out to those who didnt get one. That way they dont lose in the deal.

I cant wait for the next trade this was so much fun.

Belinda,

Thank you for such kind words. And just so you all know Belinda is also very generous and one of the Kindess people you will ever chat with. Hope that one day I will have the pleasure to meet her. BTW how is your yucca and hosta doing. I havent planted my yucca's yet. I am suprised that they are still alive. It is getting to late to plant things here I hope they make it. I will probably get them planted tuesday.

Beck

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Thanks Beck, I'll make a note:
There's are some box's in the mail NOW
from what I hear!!!!!!!!

My ST still hads not responed was deliver 10-5!

Has anyone had any contact with
luckpup & moodene??
I can't get any response from either! Hope they are OK!

This message was edited Oct 9, 2006 3:11 PM

This message was edited Oct 9, 2006 3:22 PM

Dublin, TX(Zone 8a)

Hey Beck................my gardening girlfriend! Thanks for the super sweet words ~ ~ ~ you made my day and put a BIG smile on my face! Thanks for that. I have planted both yuccas and the hosta, too. One yucca has really taken off and grown like crazy! The other one is just now starting to grab a hold and grow. The hosta had found itself a super happy home. It has put on three new large leaves that are already 3"-4" each! So fun to watch things grow in their new environments. Our crazy weather is helping things too. It has been 78-95 each day and all of my tropicals are in heaven with this heat! I however am ready for a little cooler weather..............my pumpkins are going to melt! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Donna ~ I will try to contact both luckpup & moodene also. Maybe they are just really busy. I know there are times I need another 24 hours in the day to get everything done! I will let you know if I hear from either of them.

carrjohn ~ Let me know how the cannas do for you and I would love pics later down the road if you have time!

Belinda :-)

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

I have had a really ruff wk but I got my pkg last Friday. Sendone2me can pack a box for me in any trade!!!
She sent me tall Red, var. Tropicana Gold, a very pretty Orange one, 2 smaller ones & some Salmon. Now all of that was only cannas! ONLY......roflol
THEN............ She sent me a Pink Plumeria! It even has a small leaf on it!!!
THEN she sent me GREAT seeds. She sent Cassia Alata, great yellow for the south side of my house next yr. I plan on having only yellow over there.
THEN she sent Pride of Barbados, Barbados Pride, wonderful plant that has leaves like a mimosa but yellow topped w/red blooms! One of my favorites that I am not growing yet!
THEN she sent me Pink Tabebuia. Beautiful pink blooms on a tree that I am going to try to protect by the trees on the wooded north acre. Floridata says they can survive with shelter fr other trees.
I just can't wait for Christmas to be over so I can start planting these seeds. Canna have been potted til I can enlarge & reorganize my canna bed.
Thanks for all my wonderful goodies!!! :~)

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm hoping my secret trader has had time to go to the post office. The package I sent was delivered at that location last Thursday. Canna's are tough plants. They'll be ok, I'm sure. The box did have air holes in the sides. Plus the inside of the post office is air conditioned! The anticipation is fun!

Smockette, you racked up!

Yes Smockette did rack up! Great job sendone2me!!!!!!!

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

I just want to say to everyone GREAT JOB it is nice to know that you are getting wonderful things in a package but the best part is the suprises and I almost always get suprises in a package. Suprises are just the best pick-me-ups. The other day I got just a hello note from one of the DGers and let me tell you that brought the biggest smile to my face. I have received packages that I didnt even know where coming. And I am so glad that I joined DG. You cant find more wonderful people anywhere in the world. I will continue DG for years to come.

Thanks a million Dave. Three cheers for Dave.

Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

I agree whole heartedly. DGers are just awesome! Hip hip Hooray for Dave and all the admins that keep us all so content in this garden community!

Can't wait till the next ST. Have we decided on what's next? I would suggest Irises, since it's not too late to plant them and I happen to have quite a few that still need to go in the ground, BUT zone 9 and 10 would be left out. Can't have that.

I have 2 suggestions but I don't want to run it :-)
A Spring Seedling ST. Whatever you can grow over winter, we can trade once its warm enough to plant out.
or
A Houseplant ST

carol

Still no news on moodene & luckpup!!
Sure wish we could hear from them!!

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I wish we would too : - (

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Me three :-(

West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

who hasnt recieved a package?

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

I have about 20 forums on my fav list, right now... Although I have been busy, I've lurked around and posted here and there a bit and don't recall seeing either of them...... hope they are just busy. For those of you who haven't received a package, one will be delivered this week, as I'm one of the s l o w p o k e s. Advance apologies extended!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Moodene was supposedly @ the Mercer Plantswap Saturday. I was there but didn't get to talk to her. It is over now so I don't know what is going on with her.
My ST has not listed either & I think she should her pkg by now. ???

I'll give them a few more days !!
Before I call in back up!!

West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

The DG police!

Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

Dave's eviil twin GUIDO!

still no word from luckpup or moodene!
I guess it back up time!

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

moodene made a posting in the poultry section on 10-08-06. I sent a message in that thread for them to contact. There was no postings in luckpups profile sence 5-5-06.

Beck, I saw that too! Will see if Moodene respones to my post on her thread!! I rasie peafowls too! As for luckpup who was my ST, no respone from her at all, cause my box was delivery. I'll leave a NEG on her feedback!

Thanks to you 2 who are doing the back up for me! So sorry I had to ask, I will check out everyone next time, for sure!!

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

The backup package that I will be sending out will hopefully go out tomarrow. So I must get off of my butt and go get them dug up along with all of my dig ups. I hate this freeze stuff. Man I want spring summer all year round. It was a sad morning for me this morning. So too my Back Up ST you will get a nice package in a few days.

I came home this morning getting ready to start my two days off. I made a stop at walmart to get a little pump to make bubbles in my pond plants that had to come in. When I finally arrived at home I was quite sad to see the my poor morning glories are doomed for the year. This is a photo of my poor babies. We had a freeze last night. My poor beautiful babies. And we are supose to get a freeze tonight and tomarrow, so no more Glorious mornings for me. :(. On the bright side of things. DGer's are so generous that I will not have an ugly ole chain link fence next year it will be plastered with Gorgeous MGs all around. I have 3/4 acres fenced in. How glorious will that be. So now I can smile for next year, but it is over for this and Dog Gone it I am not ready for that.

Beck

Thumbnail by rwmedic
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

(dabbing at eyes & sniffing) So sorry, Beck..... it's coming here, too! After tonight the impatients, mglories, coleus, hosta, EVERYTHING left out there will be frosted...... so sad... (maybe I can get the house cleaned up, now lol).... then drag out my magazines and catalogs and plan for next year! (there's always a silver lining) :) It will be okay. It will be okay...

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

I should have known just as the Aunt B on Tv you are comforting. I knew that I liked you for a reason.....LOL. My goodness it is cold out there, my fingers are numb. I am digging up my last plants. The freeze last night didnt do any harm to those that need dug up I got lucky. I am inside for a warm up. So you know I just gotta pop onto DG and be nosey. I cleaned my house Tuesday instead of digging. And the lord looked upon me and gave me mercy for today and didnt kill ALL my plants last night. He just gave me a big warning and said get you tiny little butt out there and save those plants. He really does love life.......So sad cuz my beautiful dahlia's are just now in full beautiful bloom. I interupted their cycle early on. Had to dig them up and move them due to the new pond going right where they where. So they were alittle late. Yes I am already planning for next year and I cant wait. But I have no more room in the house have the spare room full of tropicals. No I wont be able to do starts inside, so ofcourse already I am starting out late for next year. Maybe I can slip in a few but not near as many as I want to. Ofcourse is there ever enough room for everything you want to do.NOT.

Ok my fingers are warmed up now must get back outside.

See ya
Beck

Indasun your box is in the mail!!
Cedarnest yours is going out soon!!

Moodene need to pick hers up before it's return.
I wish I had moodene box she really has a sweet surprise!

This was so much FUN! Thank you everyone for joining in and trusting me as your Host! I've learn a few things, that I'll surely remember next time around! I send each of you a BIG HUG!!!!!!!

Have yall seen these in the stores?????

Thumbnail by gapeahen
Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

Yeah, Donna! You did such a good job!

Love that first quote in the pic you attached! "If you love nature, you'll find beauty everywhere." Who said that? I can't quite make it out.

carol

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Donna, were you the model for the cards? Pretty.

Hey Carol
it's Van Gogh who said
If you truly love nature you'll find beauty everywhere!

Ya think so Deb?? lol!!

Those are ornaments about 9" long!!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Wow, Aunt B you sent too much! But I'll keep and cherish each and every one of them!

Y'all ain't got nutin on me!

Would you like me to start on the cannas, or the other stuff...some of them, I've got to go to plantfiles because I've not heard of some. Here goes....

Oh the anticipation.............

Almost..........

Drum Roll, Please....

Here Goes......
Cleopatria...didn't have one and can't spell either
a Yellow!!....definately can see these from the road
surprise, 2 rhizones...Ok, I can wait until they grow
green/white variegated leaves from Brent & Becky's gotta be good looking
surprise lily (naked lady) Ok, I haven't seen one of this
Peruvian daffodil....love these!
musafolia from Brent & Becky's...no clue what it is....I'm off to plantfiles and all my vendor catalogs to look these up!

AuntB, thank you so much!!! You out done yourself!

I'm tickled pink!

Deborah

Enjoyed the secret trade, Donna. Let's do this again.

I'm so happy your got your box Deb!!
Yes AuntB did very well!!

Do this again, why sure we will!!

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Deborah, so sorry I was tardy. I'm so glad you liked your package. The variegated is a Stuttgardt. The musafolia is the banana canna. Your surprise is what got broken off in the box, while I was waiting for a friend to dig the Cleo. I'd see you here posting and wanted to dmail you so badly, but I didn't want to ruin the surprise. Very much fun for everyone. Thanks again, Donna.

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

Ok looks like I can get the box out today if I get off of here and go to the post office. I finally got all my stuff dug up and sitting in the sun to dry alittle before I bring in house. Then I gotta go to mom and dads and dig up theirs. Did I say my dad is crazy about Cannas and I will be sharing with him.

Anyway to the one I am sending to I appologize that the pink no longer exists not for me nor you. So I sent pictures 2,3 & 4. Two different bags of yellow/orange they are probably the same but where marked differently so I sent both. I will get out of here now and go put it in the mail.

BTW somebody please help me. Some how I got that silly little tool bar on the bottom of the screen over on the side and I cant for the life of me remember how to put it back......LOL I dont like it on the side.

Beck

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Boy its warm here 80 Chuckles have some new MGs blooming Crimson Ramblers Regards Paul QQ

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Tongue out making that silly noise.... whatevs, paul. ;P It's was COLD here today, brisk wind out of the northwest... BRRRRRRRRR. We'll be building snowgardenpeople, soon.
Winter activities in zone 5b:
start cuttings we took in the dark the night of the first frost warning
cling desparately to DG for any kind of garden talk
keep re-arranging the livingroom so EVERYONE can see the boobtube w/out a leaf or branch in their way
plan next years plant/seed lists
drag out leaf blower to "clean" house
visit relatives you haven't seen since last winter
prove to your loved ones you DO remember how to cook a meal
catch up on gardening magazines
visit your favorite plant websites/swoon over things you can order BUT not have shipped till after last frost date
keep watch on your napping tender plants for spider mite, mealy bugs and white fly
try yet another fungus gnat remedy
That gets us up to maybe Thanksgiving.... December.... then there's Christmas
Get serious about germinating seeds
Place orders you don't remember when they arrive in April or May
Eagerly anticipate hauling ALL those tropicals back outside
80 degrees, paul, how rude! ;) HAPPY AUTUMN/WINTER EVERYONE! -AuntB

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Winter activities in zone 9 Fishing Planting Fishing siting out in the sun reading fishing planting LOL

Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

BECK Click on the tool bar and drag back to where you want it.

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

Justfurkids you are a life saver. And paul "talk to the hand cuz the head aint listening"....LOL ROFLA Aunt B cuz she is so right and I love the leave blower in the house "peeeeing pants now"

Ok the box is off I made it to the PO in time.

There is a big SECRET that you all dont know and I do. hehehe.....should I tell.......No I dont think so.......Ok mom always did say that I cant keep a secret. I got all my Canna's, Dahlias, EE's (hey now that is an idea for a ST) and Glads dug up. And beings this is ST of canna's. Well I put all of you names in a hat and drew out 1 yes just one and I sent a box of canna's to ya. Now they are smaller than the ones we all sent but will be nice for next year... Now can you guess who was the winner. Welll that secret I will keep. The Winner will post here. You will know the box when you receive it because you should have already received one by the time it gets to whoever. It is not mark but you will know cuz it is from Mwaaaa.

I have even cleaned up the mess from all the digging, weeeeeelll that that is in the house anyway. Got to cold again outside. Supose to be warmer next week I will clean up yard then. I get to rest the rest of the night and do what ever I want. And I choose be online with all my friends at DG. Home all by my little lonsome and loving it.

And to my friend TexasGardenMom can I move in with you. You have better weather than me right now.....hehehehe. And thumbing nose at Paul again for rubbing it in.....LOL

Ok must check out other threads.

See ya all
Beck

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

AuntB, I love the leafblower!! If I could get away with it I would clean the house that way. Still have to bring in my cannas but will get those this weekend.... I hope.

Paul, I don't want to hear it!! It is supposed to get to 28 tonight. I have to work outside in that cold tomorrow and everyday after. You are more than welcome to join us in the cold. LOL. I can already hear you saying no so I will join Beck and AuntB and thumb my nose at you. LOL

Beck that was a very sweet idea for your special ST!! Could it of been Indasun - Jean rec a Un-name canna box today! Thought it might be from moodene but ship lable was from Louisiana!! Was this your Surprise Box???????? But I don't think so or could it be??

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

Its still hot here, you all remind me of why I moved to the bottom end of you country, that cold stuff just cuts into your gardening time too much. I am still hoping for new seedling and newly bought first off flowers so l will post and keep you all alive. I noticed that the bees have only recently appeared and consequently getting some seed. I am not to sure why so few bees the hot didn't scare them off back home. I am told that we can expect the frost in early Dec, which sounds fine by me, none at all would even be better.
Thanks also for ST it was fun and now we are all sharing some of what others admired and we didn't at first. I was a flower collector and sent to a folliage collector and a folliage collector sent to me. Think that means we all had our gardening taste broardened, kinda like a wine tasting and coming away with a whole new selection of booze hic, hic.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.