Canna ST Result's!

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Please post here what you rec from your Canna Secret Trader!
Whatcha got! and who from!!

Thanks,
Donna

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

i got my box today from S_FW 3 nice cannas a ginger start and 2 pkgs of seeds thanks a lot S-FW

My ST was rita_sturzbeche and I rec

1-striped beauty Red King Humbert
1-Pretoria Bengal Tiger
1-Bankok StripedYellow Beauty

Thanks a Bunch Rita, I didn't have any of these!
Good Job!

Donna gapeahen

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Do i get something Extra for geting mine first ? Paul

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

My Canna ST box arrived today!!!! I got all yellow cannas, of which I had none in my yard, so I am happy with them for sure!! I also got a couple of coreopsis plants and a Red Lion Amaryllis bulb. Thanks to Carol, (justfurkids) for the neat batch of plants.
Sheila

Thanks to Donna for starting the trade too!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, Paul, you get to post your pictures first!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Guess you mean next year when they bloom? Mine are already planted, too late for opening shot pictures.
Oh, being semi-new to trading; do we post feedback on these trades? If so where is it we do that?

Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh I am so glad you're happy with your plants Sheila. :-) Wasn't sure I packed those coreopsis correctly but they had to make it in better shape than the Creme Broulee I just got from Parks yesterday. Talk about pitiful! But they are planted now and already looking happier this morning.

I am so enjoying the anticipation associated with this ST! Worth a special drive down to the mailbox every day! Can't wait to get my package. I feel like a kid at Christmas!

carol

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thank you so much Cedarnest/Nancy! I received my cannas today. I got Yellow King Humphert, Lucifer, and a Red Wine one with Burgundy foilage...also sent a cute little pumpkin I can use for decoration for fall and Halloween...Very nice and so much fun! Thanks for doing this everyone! I am out to dig some more..LOL

Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

I am very pleased to report that I recieved my ST today and WOW I feel like I won the lottery! Beck (rwmedic) was so very generous! She sent what looks like 2 Red Orange Varigated, a Pink, a bright Yellow and a Yellow Orange she thinks may be King Humbert. And she very kindly posted pics of all of them in the other thread.

I recall reading what Beck was sending to her mystery ST and thinking how nice for whoever is lucky enough to receive those. (And yipeee...it was me!) But I am not finished listing all the wonderful surprises! She included a lovely butterfly suncatcher...and the following seeds: Hollyhock (White, Pink, & Mystery), Hardy Hibiscus (Burgandy, White & Luna Blush) and Purple Love-in-a-mist.

I am doing a happy dance here. Must stop dancing and go plant! :-) Thank you soooooooo much Rebecca. Hope your hunting trip went well and that you receive something just as wonderful.

Thumbnail by justfurkids
Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

One more thing Beck sent...we've welcomed a new earthworm into the family. I know he'll like the warmer climate. I just hope he gets along with the other worms. hehehe

All planted and looking fabulous. Thanks again rwmedic.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Sent mine out this morning. Only thing I can tell you all it didn't go south....grins Paul

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Sorry, I couldn't post earlier! I received my box on Friday! I got Carrjohns, "yellow yellow and yellow". Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I don't have yellow! Nice tubers too, John! THANK YOU and THANK YOU for all the goodies! John made and sent me a beautiful dreamcatcher, leather and beads and feathers, I love it. And seeds, too! Redbud tree, trumpet vine, passiflora and LOTUS! I will have fun! Thank you so much, John. And THANK YOU to gapeahen for organizing. I have yet to get my package out, but hope to on Monday... I want to email my person, but don't want to spoil the surprise. So everyone that hasn't got a pkg, yet... you will some of us are s l o w. :) Great fun!

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

Carol,

I am so glad you are happy with your package INCLUDING the litte bugger.....LOL He is good for fishing ya know...LOL thats what I had in mind...LOL gosh I just got home from hunting and you made me laugh and I needed that I am so tired. I enjoyed the trip, unsuccessful though but enjoyed alot.

Wow Paul why you not sending south....LOL

OK all I must got off of here my dogs are driving me crazy for attention and they deserve it then its NITE NITE time we all go. Mommie and her 4 little babies. Daddy is still hunting.

Beck

Thumbnail by rwmedic
Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

You think I am taking that critter fishing? Heck he has a job to do in my garden. No free ride here. He's a working worm! lol
Go to bed and get some rest Beck. And snuggles to the puppies.

To my Secret Trader
your 7 pound box will go out on Monday 2nd!
Hint, hint it's going WEST!!
You shoudl rec it on Wednesday!

Happy Gardening to all!
Donna

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

My box is going out this morning...going NORTH...have a great one!
JanetS

Dublin, TX(Zone 8a)

Good morning to all fellow canna ST-ers! I received my wonderful surprise package on Saturday from crystalnurse! I loved all of it! She sent 2-Black Knight Cannas; 2-China Doll Cannas & 1-Tropicanna Canna! All FIVE were planted in their new home yesterday and I am happy to report doing extremely well so far! I love the dark foliage on all of them, she could not have done any better! HHHHOOOOOORRRRRRAAAAAAyyyyyyyy to Crystalnurse for a job well done! I must add that I had a really cute little skeleton & a very nice card as well! Thanks so much for the fun package - - - it was like Christmas as a child again around here! My DH "hooted" at me all day long, he thinks I am a bit "obsessed" over my plants anyway................LOLOLOLOLOLOL, right? :-)

To my ST- - - who's package went NORTH, you should have your goody package by Wednesday! I hope that you enjoy yours as much as I did mine! Can't wait to hear the results. Thanks to Donna for organizing such a fun trade, I can't wait for the next one!
Belinda =)

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

You are right this is so exciting and it is like Christmas. My hubby also thinks I am a nut but he likes the results.....LOL

Beck

West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

let see, i got my package from Paul yesturday. It included a tall, small flowered orange canna with burgandy veined leaves... a beautiful red canna with bright green leaves....Canna Florence Vaughn.... and Canna Wyoming. along with some pink water canna seeds :) Thanks Paul :)

TexasGardenMOm - Belinda
I'm so glad that you liked everything. Hope all grows well for you. It's fun to make someone happy - ya know it!

Crystal

Has everyone mail there box by now? Hope all rec there's by the weekend! The excitement is in the air!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

My ST should be arriving tomorrow at the latest, it was mail out on Monday priority mail...I will look at the confirmation number tomorrow if it is not received.
JanetS

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

MRELI thank you very much I got whatI didn't have. They arrived today, big and beautiful, and I have put them in the bubbler for a dprizing before they get introduced to thier new home. You sent me some other bits that i will have to go and serch out, I love the purple strap leaf plant. The other fan leaf fern, it liiks like it has flowers, I knew some thing similar that had a yellow daisy type flower? thanks again what a wonderful suprise.
Rita.

Kellyville, OK(Zone 7a)

I was finally able to make a trip to the Post Office this morning, and recieved the package from my ST. It was from TexasGardenMom. It is hard to get over her generousity. WoW and WoW. She sent 3 ea Tall Peaches, 1ea Cleopatra, 1ea Tall Red, 2pkg white Datura seeds, and last but not least 2 huge tubers that she did not identify. Thank you so very much TGM. John

Thumbnail by carrjohn
NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Well,......... I've just about got the pkg ready... my friend said he would definately dig TODAY. I'm waiting cause it's a cool one and I want my "someone" to have it, also..... My original list has changed a bit and gotten bigger...... . . . . . hope it's worth the wait....... s l o w AuntB

Orlando, FL

I got my cannas from Gloria Jean from bowman South Corolina today and she had four in the package and some Red Cypress Vine seeds in with them. One looks like a varigated and one is red leafed. I am not sure if they are like the ones I already have but who cares. Thanks so much to her. Fran

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

You know tuesday night before I went to bed I was on the other thread looking at some of the pictures and chat. At that time I was thinking just how lucky someone is to be getting those beautiful pictures of the canna's that JanetS has. And low and behold my DH called me yesterday at work and told me that I had a package at home. I asked him that if he was coming into town to bring it to me for I work 24hr shifts and wouldnt have seen it til today. He did bring me that suprise package it was from JanetS. And OMG what a wonderful package it was too.

It contained:

3 large tubers of Wyoming tall
3 large and 1 small tubers of Rosemond Coles
1 large tuber of Robert Kemp
3 small - meduim tubers of Cleopatra
A package of Stokesia Blue Aster, I have an aster that is purple dont know if they are the same or not but it doesnt matter cuz I love them.
And last but not least she sent The metal markers with the names and her name on them so I know who and what they are next year when I plant them.

Thank you ever so much Janet I am so excited, wish it was spring already. Dont know if I can contain myself til then. BTW my father will be so excited too Canna is his favorite and beings that I have so much of them I will be sharing with him.

Beck

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I so glad you are pleased. I know spring is a long way off, that is why I printed the pictures for you with the information. I am also glad you liked the plant markers...they are new for me and I am so thrilled to have them in my garden, I have begun marking everything and putting "who" I received them from on the markers..that way, when I am in my garden I can see "who" is standing in my garden with me everyday...I love that I have so many family and friends that share my garden with me and I am thrilled to share yours as well! Enjoy, and I hope they grow like crazy for you!

Dublin, TX(Zone 8a)

carrjohn ~ SO glad to hear that you liked your goodies! :-) Nothing better than making someone else happy. Wish that it was something that I could do everyday..........I love to give. It is great to have found somewhere online with such kind & generous people who all love plants equally. Glad to report that all of my cannas from crystalnurse are doing great! They seem to like their new garden home, so far! :-) Can't wait for the next ST that someone puts together. Fun stuff!
Belinda =)

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

Belinda,

I so agree with you. I love to give also. I would rather give than receive to see the faces or in this case the chating of the happy person on the other end. There is no better gift than that. And DG is my place to go for a pick me up. Everyone here is so nice and generous and wants to share everything.

Janet,

I have been ususing the heavy plastic ones and they have done well but every now and then my dogs the turds get one. I will have to change to the kind you sent. More room to write on and I dont think that they will be tasty to the dogs...LOL BTW I am going to my fathers today and I am taking the pictures with me to show him what he will have next year. As well as dig up some of his most beautiful tall species. I bought a big bag a mixed for him this year so I have no clue the names but beautiful anyway.

Beck

Midland, SC(Zone 8b)

Fran, I have sent you mail explaining the mix-up. I am glad you are pleased. The Pretoria has the variagated leaves of green and creamy yellow. One is a yellow that turns white. The dark burgandy has red flowers. The cypress vine is a favorite of mine. The cutting are Swedish Ivy. Have sent you 2 pics of the cannas. This is the cypress vine. Hope you enjoy them and so glad they actually got there and in very good time.

Thumbnail by Indasun

I'm so glad to hear that everyone is having a Great Time with this ST!
Now i'm getting a bit worried, I mail my box out Monday! Which should of arrive at least by today!! Well maybe my ST will post soon!

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

Indasun,

Those are so pretty.

gapeahen,

did you do a DC#.. If so check it and mybe your ST is busy right now and just cant get to here to let us know.
It does sound like everyone is having so much fun, I know that I am.

Janet,

I went down to my Dads today and he is so excited. He made me leave the pictures for him....LOL... Thats ok I told him I can get more and that my computer will give me pictures all the time. My parents are loving it that I am on DG and that thier are so many nice people here. I told my mother that I would have her Daisy Garden all pretty next year. All she has right now are black eyed susans...how boring....Not that they are not pretty she loves them I dont....lol just not my flower. However I like the coneflowers which look like daisys.
OOoooops got away from the subject. Any THANK YOU gapeahen for hosting this trade My family and I loved it.

Beck

Toone, TN(Zone 7a)

ditto....thanks again Donna. I hope it wasn't too much work for you. We all sure enjoyed it.

carol

It was very easy, I loved every minute! Ready to do another!!
Oh, now what should we do for our next ST?????????

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm so glad everyone is having fun. I'm having a ball just reading your excitement. I can hear each of you laughing, hooping & hollaring just by reading your responses to your ST package.

Beck, I'm glad I use the benefit of DC's when mailing packages. Sure eases my mind and confirms my confidence in USPS...neither rain nor snow etc......

Donna, ready to do another?, wait now, this one's not over yet.LOL I'm like y'all about giving. I'd much rather be the giver; it's the mother-hen in me I suppose.

Deborah

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks Donna..you did a great job with this wonderful swap!
JanetS

There seem too be several that have not rec there BOX yet!
If I haven't d-mail you, please LMK if you haven't rec your box
or sent one! Hopefully EVERYONE will come thru on there promise!
If they do not contact me within the week.
Then I will post a negative feedback on them!
Also they will not be aloud in any more trades I host!
I feel that this is only far for everyone!

Donna

Dublin, TX(Zone 8a)

Beck ~ So good to hear from you, girl! I have been diligently working away on your "sussie" box (a name my kids gave the word surprise years ago...lol)~! I hope to have it all finalized by late next week. To all of you Canna ST'ers.............Beck sent me the most wonderful, generous package of goodies a couple of weeks ago and I assure you that you won't meet another DG-er with Beck's generosity! She is a one-of-a-kind and if you are fortunate enough to trade with her, it will be well worth your time.
Donna ~ thanks for such a fun trade! I am ready for another one!
Belinda :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.