are we ready? September bingo !!

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Congrats Jill...This was fun as usual!!! Great game...Lauri

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

LOL.

okay, who has the most numbers left on their card ?

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

and I'm posting one more because I had it ready to go.

10. big, sturdy and drought-tolerant Columnea schiediana

Ah, yes.... I quite like this one because of the slightly wierd flowers - not "pretty", but very "species-like" (whatever that means).

It's a relatively big plant, and I think its roots are pretty characteristic. They are tough stringy things, that look like they would cling to bark and such. I really want to try this one mounted on a slab of tree fern or wood.

My photo is from Lali's hangout - the greenhouse at Strybing Arboretum in San Francisco. This is labeled the "giant flowered form." I can't wait for both of my cuttings to bloom so I can compare them.

Also, MsC posted very informative pics in PlantFiles. http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/68149.html

Thumbnail by Keyring

LOL I had that one too and just had one left.....Lauri

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

*whew* glad my fingers were quick, LOL!

Congrats, oldpepper!

Hopefully I'll have good luck with whatever Keyring sends me, and I'll be able to share starts from them in the spring!

I've mostly figured out a list for the next Bingo, but I'm in a lot of turmoil at the moment, waiting to see if my long awaited pregnancy is non-viable or ectopic or miraculously all right, so I may not get the ball rolling immediately on it. (FYI, there's a thread over in the prayer forum; I don't mean to get O/T about it in other forums.)

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

You have some truly great looking gessies, Key, and this one is no exception. Thanks for all the great information you've shared. The game was so enjoyable.

Don Ü

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Hey, Ki -- that last one you posted, does it count toward the game when people are trying to figure out who had the most left on their card?

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

Take your time, Jill. Still praying for you and Jim here. Now relax and enjoy the Bingo win! :)

Don Ü

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

And how could I have forgotten to mention again what a fabulous game this was!! I learned so much from all Keyring's descriptions & photos & links.... that was the real fun of this game! (OK, being 3rd to get Bingo was fun also, LOL.)

Thanks, Keyring!

And thanks also to Planti for holding the cards!

Homosassa, FL(Zone 9a)

BINGO I KNOW IM LATE ,BUT I,M POSTING IT

Homosassa, FL(Zone 9a)

want to say Congratulations to all of you guys far winning
and thank you Keyring far a great bingo game,it was really amasing,i have learn a lot about so many different types of plants. Rhanks again

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I only have one left

LOL me too makshi..

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

Congrats Winners! Keyring,this has been the most informative game.Thanks to you I have been turned on to many plants I never knew anything about!That could prove to be both good and bad for me : ) I think I'm gonna need another shelf or two! Oh and I am still waiting for the 1 number I still need to be called.Maybe I will join the winners,as being the biggest loser : O oh that didn't sound good.You all know what I mean. Nancy/cedarnest

#10 was my last number - so at least I finally did Bingo even if I'm late. It's real hard to check at work all of the time.

Susan

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

Thanks for a fun game and congrats to the winners!

K

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

Just checking in briefly from work. I have nooooo idea who gets what lol - my fault for having quirky rules. I think we have a first, and then joint seconds, and maybe joint thirds... haha.

I will look at it again later and then check with Jacki (who is holding the cards) to make sure I have it right.

Does anyone have 2 numbers left on their card?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

ccino had 3 left before you posted S. leucotricha...

Are you counting that last call of #10 Columnia when figuring out the "biggest loser" prize? I can't remember, but if you started with 35 on your list I think #10 makes the 34th call, so nobody should have more than 1 remaining? Or were there 36?

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Oldpepper...Keyring will need your (real) name and address...it's not on your card. I've validated sarahclarinda's and oldpepper and now I'm off to check Jill's card. Hey, your luck is really on a roll...you should buy a lottery ticket!!! lol~

Congratulations to all the players...didn't Key do a great job?

Homosassa, FL(Zone 9a)

there was 36

Cincinnati, OH

I also have bingo on # 10. I just wanted to say it once, so. BINGO!!!!!!! did you hear it? I know its too late, but I got it!!Finally : 0 )

Grand Forks, BC(Zone 5b)

LOL...Way to Go, Kelly! I heard it!

Don Ü

Cincinnati, OH

Wow!! I did not know I could yell that far!!LOL

LOL Kelly, I heard ya all the way out here!!!

Great job Key!! I now have oodles of info printed out for my new collection..LOL as soon as I find room....

edited because *room* has 2 o's

This message was edited Sep 21, 2006 12:57 PM

Cincinnati, OH

This bingo was so much fun.....I learned so much about plants I am now DYING to have. Thanks to key for totally switching it up. LOVED it. Although, I really think you should post the info on the last few plants. You were so informative, and we did not have to go searching around for them through plant files. Just my (selfish) opinion. Yes, I am kinda lazy when it comes to searching for stuff.

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Congrats to all the winners.

Ki,you did a wonderful job! I enjoyed and learned as I followed along.

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

glad you all had fun!
I enjoyed it too - I got to blather on about gessies and have an audience at the same time ;P

The game is officially over. There are two left so if anyone has two numbers left on their card, please YELL for a prize. Otherwise, everyone who doesn't win jointly has the most numbers left, and you shall all get seeds or something. lol.

I think according to the rules, everyone who posted bingo might be getting something in the mail. Do you remember the quirky rules? Re-reading them gives me a headache, lol.

- - -

1st: there will be one and only one winner - the first to bingo and post on the bingo thread

2nd and 3rd: there will also be prizes for the 2nd and 3rd people to bingo.

Actually, because I work and feel bad for people who shouldn't be checking DG compulsively during a workday, people who post BINGO during the same call will be treated the same.

In other words, if after a slew of calls, I call "8" at 8am, and "3" at 3 pm, and
- Pat posts Bingo! at 8:01 am
- Jo posts Bingo! at 11 am
- Chris posts Bingo! at 2:55 pm
- Jessie posts Bingo! at 3:30 pm, even though Jessie's card bingo-ed at 8
then,
Pat gets first prize, Jo and Chris tie at second, and Jessie is third and anyone else who bingos between 3pm and the next call is also third.

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

and here are the remaining two.

32. dangling Nematanthus brasiliensis

This was in the photo of the Achimenes seedling as well. It's the one in the bottom left with the slightly patterned leaves. I love the young leaves :-)

I also love the flowers. I guess I have a soft spot for these dangling ones.

http://gesneriads.ca/nemata26.htm

And yes, it's from brazil. http://mpeixoto.sites.uol.com.br/gesneriads/nematanthus/brasiliensis.html

I picked up a bigger cutting at the sale last week.

Thumbnail by Keyring
DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

13. big and fuzzy Episcia Tropical Topaz

Well I was certainly thinking of Tropical Nights when I wrote this down. So totally Tropical Nights because I have that one, and don't have Tropical Topaz.

Tropical Topaz is green with YELLOW flowers. That alone makes it an unusual episcia.

While Ron notes that it flowers sparingly, Kartuz says it flowers prolifically....

http://www.gesneriads.ca/episci9.htm

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

and here's Tropical Nights (not Topaz)

Thumbnail by Keyring
Drumheller, Alberta, Canada(Zone 3a)

YELL! Yes I would be the 2 number left! That's little old me trailing behind! LOL
Thanks again Key for a GREAT game! Very informative! I loved it!

This message was edited Sep 21, 2006 9:09 PM

This message was edited Sep 21, 2006 9:11 PM

Northeast, NE(Zone 5a)

I can't believe it came down to the final number called before I finally had bingo.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'd forgotten that you were doing a "posting time doesn't matter" for Bingo wins -- cool!

So.... Nancy is the first winner, those of us who posted after you called the Sinningia leucotricha are tied for second, and those who Bingo'd with the Columnea schiediana are tied for third? Wow, that's a lot of winners!!

Barring an even more unfortunate test result tomorrow, we should be on our way out of town for a couple of weeks, so I'd appreciate it if you could delay sending my box until mid-October... Alternately, maybe Snowrose & I could convince you to head up this way sometime... we could take you to lunch! and send you home with some plantlets! ;-)

Drumheller, Alberta, Canada(Zone 3a)

I'll come for lunch! LOL

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Hmmm a lot late, but I got a wee bingo...lol
Do I get anything for being Late as usual??lol

Great bingo game Ki. Lots of interesting information & always fun.

Congrats to all.
Thanks for hosting the bingo.

MsC

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

CC, drop in any time! LOL

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

too late MsC!

BUT, I do have some seedlings that will be ready for trades in the spring, and was actually eyeing some of them as potential AZ inhabitants - a bit more low-humidity tolerant.....

Modesto, CA(Zone 8b)

I only had ONE left! The proverbial "Close but no Cigar" for me! :~D

A HUGE Congratulations to ALL the winners! I had only one left!

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Wonderful game!

Thanks Ki, I'll look forward to seeing what you have for trade.

MsC

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.