Ceropegia Ampilatum

Concord, CA(Zone 9a)

I think this is the strangest plant. Its pretty plain until it blooms. It looks like an
alien to me.
Linda

Thumbnail by LindaCA
Concord, CA(Zone 9a)

Just one more picture.

Thumbnail by LindaCA
Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Wow, what a nice and healthy plant! I have a few of the ceropegias, not sure if I have this one.
:) Donna

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

This plant, as beautifully unusual as it is, has been likened to many things. It's commonly called a parachute plant. But, some folks have had fun with the image. It's been compared to(gasp!) male genitalia. LOL

GH

Concord, CA(Zone 9a)

That is so funny. I told my Daughter that it looks like an aliens pp(private part) lol. Dirty minds think alike. lol.
This is one interesting plant though. I don't know much about it. It seems easy to grow and start from cuttings.
Linda

Mandeville, LA(Zone 9a)

Ooooo...how groovy! Something else I have to have!

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Linda, let me know if you'd be interested in a trade of this someday. It'd be interesting to have this one. LOL

GH

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I'm sure there are a few of us that are interested.
;) Donna

Concord, CA(Zone 9a)

I will start some cuttings. I have never traded before so not sure what you would expect as far a size goes. This plant seems to grow fast for me. Maybe you guys can clue me in on the trading process.
Linda

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

They root real easy. The plant does also make little balls if you've noticed. That is a tuber it has made that can be planted or if you take cuttings you just lie them down in between the leaves and cover it wil soil and voila.
:) Donna

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

I you want to check out ceropiegia, this is the best site that I have found!!
http://www.sagereynolds.com/cero/cedex.htm

Johanna

Ferndale, WA(Zone 8b)

What an amazing plant. Thanks for sharing.
Love, Free...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.