New Philodendron

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Today I went to HD and they had one Philodendron Moonlight. So I grabbed it up really fast. I think it is really pretty. Now if I can find a Pink Princess I will be happy.

Jesse

Thumbnail by Plantcrazii
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

My dear Jesse-

You are succumbing to what is known as "Philo addiction".:) How many do you have now? The number appears to be growing quickly! It's really bad when you "fiend" for a new philo. I mean, it's REALLY baaaaaaaaaaaad. How would I know this, you may ask? I, too, suffer from Philo(aroid) addiction. I'm on the prowl even as I write this.:)

My addiction began 2 years ago with my first Philodendron- 'Pink Princess'. I started out with the rarer type, rather than the common, and worked my way backwards if that makes sense. It was just t his year that I bought a Philo scandens....yeppers.....the common heartleaf Philo. To date I have around 11 Philodendrons. All of them in varying sizes.

Okay, I'll shut up now. LOL

GH

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Jesse, those are the 2 I've gotta get too! LOL I looked at Lowes today and brought home 2 little house plants. One, I've never heard of before, gotta look it up, but she sure is cool.
Maybe I'll try HD tomorrow.

Debbie

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

I am still looking for a Pink Princess. I've never even seen one, much less bought one. I've seen photos that you all have posted of one but I've never seen one in real life. If I ever find one, I'm sure she will come home with me.

Jesse

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

I have a question about this plant. It is planted in a pot that is only about 3 inches deep. It is a really nice pot and looks great but I'm thinking it might be too shallow. How deep do you all think philodendrons should be planted?

Jesse

Miami, FL(Zone 10a)

They are two Pink Princess plants on EBAY auction right now.
under philodendrons
Good luck, they are beautiful ,as I have one in my collection of 75 philos.
Armando.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Nice Philo Plantcrazi. I have about 20 in my collection now. It can be an expensive addiction as well. I have a bought several from ebay. And several from trades as well.

They are my favorite.

I have the moonlight, it has been a slow grower for me though, not sure if its just me or I am doing something wrong. I actually managed to kill the infamouse pink princess earlier this year. I recently was given another start by an dger. Trying really hard, so far doing good.

Can't anwer your question on the dept of planting. I think it would depend on what type of philo you have planted. I tend to plant more vining plants in narrower pots.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.