Thumbnail by raydio
Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

Texture.

Thumbnail by raydio
Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Souper!

Profiteroles for afters!

Ralph may get jealous if Fred drops by!

Never seen Dwarf Earth Star....out of this world!

Oooooh, poisonous mushy soup, tummy ache..........

Oh Lordie lordie lordie, I've got tears in my eyes from the "no comment" shroom.

Probably good that you weren't having a Coke, huh Equi?

Note: I mis-identified the Earth Star, not by much, but the Dwarf has a little beaked opening.

Robert.

No, no coke but I had pepsi percolating out my nose and burning BECAUSE OF YOU and your little side comments.

Honeycomb Fun Guy decided to have a salon makeover.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

In the meantime along came Honeycomb Fun Gal, flashing her frilly skirt.....with a nicely patterned border.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Puff Ball just blew raspberries. He was jealous of both of them.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Poor Fun Guy. Who's been munching on his head? Hope they patch those during the makeover.

Puff Ball was all puffed-up with pride, having no holes in his head. He'll get his later........

This message was edited Sep 27, 2006 8:34 PM

Classic Fungi threw her head back and said she wasn't interested in any of their goings on.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Nope, Honeycomb Fun Guy has decided he wants to be a suave and mature guy

Thumbnail by wallaby1

If some of us can make no comments, I follow suit.

Thumbnail by wallaby1

That fungus-on-fungus layered look that Honeycomb has *does* add a certain bit of panache. But what can be done to catch Classy's eye?

Hmm, Classic fungi may be interested in a cocktail do you think?

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Look, Classic Fungi has already dressed up in her flappers dress!

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Love those diaphanous "Cocktail" 'shrooms.

Classic Fungi's neck-wear is very becoming.

Quoting:
If some of us can make no comments, I follow suit.
Oh my word! This thread gets funnier all the time. You all are crack ups!

Slim pickings by me but while out and about slinging snakes before the lawn gets cut, I found a few shrooms. raydio and wallaby will have to do the honors of giving them appropriate captions though.

Compliments of wallaby-
"10, 9, 8, 7,.........Zero! Ready for take off!"

This message was edited Oct 1, 2006 4:39 PM

Thumbnail by Equilibrium

here's another glob-

compliments of wallaby-
"Can't get a decent mouthfull around here..........hunger-induced Hannibal Fungi...."

This message was edited Oct 1, 2006 4:39 PM

Thumbnail by Equilibrium

Oooohh great! Nice to see you join in Equi!

10, 9, 8, 7,.........Zero! Ready for take off!

Can't get a decent mouthfull around here..........hunger-induced Hannibal Fungi....

Honeycomb Fun Guy has let himself go.........

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Honeycomb Fun Gal is in a state of collapse........

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Puff Ball's head swelled just a little more, he stopped doing raspberries and saw his chance to make an impact..

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Honeycomb Fun Guy saw the threat and became a quivering wreck...........

Thumbnail by wallaby1

It was all too much for Honeyucomb Fun Gal, she just sunk further into herself............

Thumbnail by wallaby1

In the meantime, (dare I?) good contact has been made.............(this will be the end of me!)

Thumbnail by wallaby1

We have a newcomer on the scene!

Souffle fufu

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Skullhead Fungi thinks Souffle Fufu is down his street.......

Thumbnail by wallaby1

Thahks to Equilibrium and of course, Wallaby1. Love the fruiting bodies of the invisible plants!

You're thanking me??? Me thinks you been sampling some of your shrooms and you be hallucinating ;) My photography doesn't hold a candle to yours or to wallaby's. I had to take about 15 photos of each one to get a half way decent photo of each.

Ya know, I keep looking at some of these shrooms and I get hungry because many of them look like pancakes complete with melted butter. Is it just me? Then there is the one shroom wallaby took a photo of above that looks a lot like my Aunt's notorious fruit cake that nobody will eat that gets pushed to the back of the counter and then I get to find it a month or so later- vile, incredibly vile. We make door stops out of them sometimes.

I love fruitcake!

Ewwwwww, ick! I take that back, sometimes I drop her fruit cakes in a big mixing bowl of water and pick out the fruit and add it to suet I make for birds so it does serve a purpose around here other than being used as a doorstop after it dries out rock solid.

Maybe she needs a different recipe.

She's pretty old and I'd probably suggest a new recipe that was edible but our family has such a long standing history of making a big production of loving her fruit cakes so much that we simply must set them all aside for a special treat on New Year's Eve that it would spoil our fun at this point in time. She started making one for me as well as one for each one of my SIL's several years ago. That will teach them for telling her how wonderful the fruit cake was that she gave me that they claimed to have sampled (liars) on New Year's Eve about 10 years ago. Sheesh, even my dogs won't eat those fruit cakes and one of my cats tried to paw at the floor around it when we set one down to try and bury it. That reduced my husband to fits of laughter and he was all but gagging and he loves to tell that story when Aunt Irene isn't around. The other big deal is that I have another elderly aunt who knits, crochets, and sews all kinds of fancy covers for our fruit cakes as a joke so that we can use them as doorstops. Think of all the decorative and seasonal covers out there for kleenex boxes and you'll get the idea. Anyway, the one aunt walks right by a previous year's fruit cake and hasn't any idea what is propping the door open which reduces all the children (and adults) to hushed fits of giggles. Truth be known, they're gifts from the heart with an added element of fun and when she passes we will miss her and her silly fruit cakes dearly.

What a story. What a great memory to have for "some day". Thanks.

I wouldn't change a thing.

Robert.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.