Where do pictures of Fungi go?

Bessemer City, NC(Zone 7b)

What forum do these properly go in? They are fairly indigenous, it seems.......

A rainy August has caused a bumpercrop of mushrooms and toadstools all over the area.

Robert.

Thumbnail by raydio

Our toads are very happy with the variety of seating currently available.

Thumbnail by raydio

That there always seems to be a lack of comfortable seating there is the one thing toads don't like about living outdoors.

This message was edited Aug 23, 2006 3:29 PM

Thumbnail by raydio

Fringe is "in" this year.

Thumbnail by raydio

Looks like something Mother used to bake.

Thumbnail by raydio

I'm suddenly thinking of macaroons.......

Thumbnail by raydio

Three amigos.

Thumbnail by raydio

Here's the last one.

Gotta go to Hooter's for supper.

Robert.

Thumbnail by raydio
Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Robert, that last quote is priceless.

I though it looked like those owl's eyes they feature on their signs with orange being the prominent color.......

These remind me of pancakes:

Thumbnail by raydio

Gimme a stack o' them flapjacks!

Thumbnail by raydio

Or a mass of 'em.

Thumbnail by raydio
Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Butter, Vermont maple syrup...who needs IHOP?

Is this how the Keebler elves got started? I think they're using the yard to test new recipes.

Robert.

Keebler Elves?

And I thought women got slap happy!

Loved your photos of the "fringe" in in this year shroom.

What else do ya have to show us?

Peoria, IL

I wish I had taken pictures of the huge toadstool that grew in my front yard over the weekend. It was very cool. I left it grow and made a point of mowing around it. My stupid neighbor kicked it over is was close to the property line, but on my side. I was a bit pissed.

equi~

I think I've been "slap happy" since the Doc gave me that first one. Maybe he slapped the wrong end..... :-Z

Joepye~

What a shame! Some people are just not able to appreciate certain elements of the fascinating world we live in.

Robert.

Peoria, IL

It doesn't surprise me because its the same neighbor who spot treated weeds with weed killer on my lawn last year... which I wasn't happy about either.

I have a neighbor who comes over when I'm not home and dead heads for me. She says she likes walking around. I like it that she likes walking around here. Wish she had more time to take leisurely strolls pinching here and pinching there.

Hold the Bus!!!

He killed weeds on *your* lawn?!!! Isn't that trespassing with lawnal assault and battery?

That sounds like he's obsessed.......

Robert.

Equi~

Maybe you can get her to weed for you!

Robert.

Quoting:
lawnal assault and battery
That's a new one on me but I like it.

Equi~

"lawnal assault and battery"

It's prolly just a misdemeanor and he'll get off with a suspended sentence. ;-)

Robert.

We could launch a full frontal assault. We've got a huge trebuchet which could be loaned to Joe and we could send large dog poops sailing over to Joe's neighbor's house. I've got dogs and Joe has dogs and I'm sure others would be more than willing to contribute.

Peoria, IL

Cripes - don't get me started on the dogs. My dogs go to the bathroom in our fenced in back yard. And I pick up after them regularly so it doesn't smell.

The weed spraying, toadstool kickin' neighbor, has a dog that wanders in to my front yard eliminating at will. (I don't really mind because the dog is small and doesn't do any damage.) But I could easily return the favor with much larger dogs.

I wish that I would have extended that fence further into the front yard, so this neighbor would be less likely to kill my toadstools and fertilize and weed and feed...

(Do you really have a trebuchet?)

This message was edited Sep 5, 2006 3:08 PM

Well Joe, I've been thinking about that weeding neighbor, and as long as he *knows* which weeds to kill, I might not mind, myself.

That was just my immediate reaction: my mother pulls weeds and--how do I say this---she isn't all that up on which plants aren't really weeds. I cringe, literally, when I see her start in. If she doesn't recognize it, it must be a weed. Yikes!

Robert.

We've got a big momma trebuchet. The thing can launch entire watermelons. It's so big we have to disassemble it to move it and it's on wheels. I'm sure it weighs several hundred lbs. The kids built it and won first place for the State in some knights of something or other competition. They blew High School kids out of the water launching their watermelon well over 100' beyond that of any other team and that wasn't just a fluke because they had to launch 3x. Our kids were only in Jr High and elementary school. I have this one son who is into designing things. He's decided he's going to be an engineer like my husband only not a structural engineer. The kid who designed it wants to be an environmental engineer and he was only in fifth grade when this was constructed. He applied principals from having watched Bill Nye the Science Guy. I bought the lumbar and the hardware.

I'm tellin ya Joe, that thing can fling colossal poops! Your neighbor would think cows were flying over head.

Equi~

Your own trebuchet--that is just fabulous!

"When cows fly!" Well, today's the day, buddy!

Can you fling a piano with it? On "Northern Exposure" they had a HUGE one and flang--lol-- an old piano with it. The whole thing was done in slo-mo. Such a thrill on a quirky TV series.

Robert.

Thumbnail by raydio

Boinnnnng!

Thumbnail by raydio

Two siblings.

Thumbnail by raydio

This one has slivered almonds on it.

Those Keeblers!

Thumbnail by raydio

Let's sit over there. Brrrrrr-upppp.

Thumbnail by raydio

Love the orange ones.

Thumbnail by raydio

Doesn't someone else have some shrooms a-growin'?

The blue ones have a evil look about them.

Thumbnail by raydio

Love those little lines at the edge.

Thumbnail by raydio

Ok, that's all for awhile now........

Thumbnail by raydio

He he he, they made another big momma trebuchet for Boy Scouts. That one won something or other too. Nope, can't fling a piano but anything the size of a watermelon is fine. I'm desperately trying to find a photo of one of the trebuchets. One went up to our other house and the other one went to the Troop Master's house and last I heard he was looking for somebody to store it. I guess he got cited for having it in his yard. Who knows, maybe that one ended up as firewood. They were a lot of fun.

Your shrooms are beautiful as usual. That blue one does look sinister.

Peoria, IL

Its about that time of year when they have pumpkin chuckin' contests around here. They have seperate divisions for trebuchets vs. air cannons.

I have lots of shrooms growing. But I can only post from work right now - and my pics and camera downloads are on my home computer. And my computer's network got fried in a lightening storm, so I cannot post from home right now.

What's an air cannon?

Peoria, IL

It uses compressed air to shoot the item.

here is a link whre the second page describes of the various machines and categories.

http://www.pumpkincapital.com/pdf/Registration06.pdf

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.