Has anyone used one of the EZ Clone Machines?

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi,
Has anyone used one of the EZ Clone Machines?
I have been considering buying one that is capable of cloning 120 cuttings at a time, but would appreciate any feedback anyone has to offer first.
You can check these out on eBay or go to their website at www.ezclone.com.
Would love to hear any comments anyone might have, both good and bad.
Jane

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 8b)

Hi Jane, I just bought a hydroponics system, the EZ clone looks interesting, but pricey.
I guess it's a trade-off, mine I can only do 8 cuttings and yours 120, which is a lot.

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi fly_girl,
I still haven't bought one, so please let me know what you think of yours. It's so hard for me to spend that much money on one unless I know it's worth the money.
Would love to hear back from you after you have a chance to try it out.
Jane

Here's a picture of it. I spent almost $100, the set was 50, then add in the nutrients and the ph tester. I'm new to this so I didn't want to spend a lot.

Here's a picture of it, it's similar to the EZclone but no misters and mine has the clay ball medium. Do you think the EZclone is a better system?

Jane, did you know there's a hydroponics forum? I just noticed it after I made my purchase.

Thumbnail by fly_girl
Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi fly_girl,

I'm also new to all this. I have rooted several cuttings with much luck but was very tempted to try one of the cloning machines.

Yours system looks really nice! Have you had a chance to do anything with yours yet? Please don't forget to let me know how it does and if you are pleased with the results. I am really really interested. Feel free to dmail me if you prefer. I would be interested in knowing where you purchased yours, if you don't mind sharing this info.

I had no idea there was a hydroponics forum. Thanks for letting me know. I will be sure to check it out just as soon as I write this.

Jane

I haven't received it yet, but I'll let you know.

I got it on Ebay, there's a bunch out there. I was kind of leary but went ahead and got it.

Greensboro, AL

Also, you might want to check out Heathrjoy's Thread, Roots Easily in Water II, in this forum. I believe this is an adaptation from hydroponics. You could root 500 cuttings with this system with the right modifications -- such as floating holes in styrofoam over the acquarium bluestones. That way your cost for the apparatus would be less than $20.

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi gloria125,

Less than $20.....you have got to be kidding! Sounds very interesting. Will most definitely check this thread out.

Thanks for letting me know.
Jane

Gloria, that sounds like a good setup and cheap.

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Rainy, I looked at that and am thinking about it, maybe in December when I get my work bonuses. I think it will do more plants than any comparible priced hydro-set-up I've seen.

Dansville, NY(Zone 6a)

I just made my own ..

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/498781/

Greensboro, AL

VbSparky: It would be interesting to compare results on your contained mist system with Heathrjoy's air stone method. Both are a lot cheaper than a commercial propagator and with all the mind power that is going into them here on Dave's I bet they are better also. I still haven't seen much info on results yet, and after care. I need to figure out how to keep mine warm, because after heat stroke all summer its getting cold here now.

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

Hey Sparky,

Let us know how your works out. I'm really interested to know. Looks like a brilliant idea!

Jane

Sparky--thanks for that link!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Simple is better and cheper Paul

Dansville, NY(Zone 6a)

I think i mentioned it it my link , but English lavender roots in under 2 weeks (hard wood)
and mints in just a few days.

for keeping it warm , probley could could just set the tub on a gemenation heat mat.

Greensboro, AL

sparky: you are full of good ideas. thanks. Ill bring my heat mats up from the greenhouse to put under my propagator.

New Caney, TX

I just bought mine off Ebay and will make my own from now on. Real simple. VBSparky, yours is more complex than mine. Great job. Thanks for sharing. I'll do a bigger one next time. The one I bought is made out of sterilite plastic totes. $50 with postage. Very simple. Two air stones and an aquarium pump. Two plastic totes. One for seedlings or Humidity Dome. Pot Nets, Grow rocks and rockwool.

Tami

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi Everyone,
I have just purchased a POWER CLONER 45 Site Machine-by American Agritech off ebay and received it yesterday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/POWER-CLONER-45-Site-Machine-by-American-Agritech_W0QQitemZ250012457354QQihZ015QQcategoryZ43555QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I am really anxious to try it out. What would be a good cutting to try that usually doesn't root very easily?

Jane

This message was edited Oct 6, 2006 5:49 AM

Just keep us posted--by the time I got one constructed the time would cost me more money than buying it--lol

Nice setup Jane.......I love sparky's setup too, but I don't know if I could make it. That's why I went ahead and bought one, I priced all the materials and it would have cost about the same, and like dmj, the time it would have taken me.

I'll buy one--just not off ebay; if it works. It'll pay for itself in no time flat, if it works. Keep us posted.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.