Winn Dixie Spider & Diffenbachia

Mandeville, LA(Zone 9a)

The spider plant grabbed my shopping cart and held me captive while the diffenbachia jumped in. The diff. is called "Camouflage". I have no idea what kind of spider. Anyone know?

Here is the spider with globs of babies.

Thumbnail by NematanthusNut
Mandeville, LA(Zone 9a)

close up of the leaves

Mandeville, LA(Zone 9a)

babies

Mandeville, LA(Zone 9a)

diffenbachia. I've never seen this one but I really like it. Even if it did ambush me.

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

WOW, Nem you sure are finding some nice plants....you lucky lucky devil :o)

I hope to be going houseplant shopping this weekend..hope they have some nice ones as well...

Char

Mandeville, LA(Zone 9a)

It goes in spurts. All summer I haven't been able to find anything interesting and now I'm seeing stuff everywhere.

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

could spider plant be the hawaiian everyone is looking for. i used to have some but they died on me. it is beautiful!!! hmmmmm how come no plants ever hold me captive lol. now there is something i could tell my husband lol.

kelly

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I was thinking Hawiaan as well, & Mine has just started putting out babies and they are more var than the mother plant.

Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

You lucky duck! To be held captive like that! LOL.
I concur that it's Hawaiian.

Mandeville, LA(Zone 9a)

A Hawaiian Spider...Spiffy!!! It sure is prolific. I've never seen so many spider babies on a relatively small plant. I really like the coloring.

Actually, I was in there a few days ago and they TRIED to get me then but I intentionally would't go near them. This time I just had to get closer to see the bright green leaves and that did it. I am routinely ambushed. :-0

Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

LOL, me too! Funny, my DH doesn't get ambushed like that... But if there's a sports event within a 100 mile radius he knows it!!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Wow, those are some beautiful plants!!!! And that Diff is awesome!!! I've never seen anything like it. I've had an eye out the the Hawaiian Spider, but no luck.

Debbie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.