CHENILLE PLANT

Plano, TX

Any advice for a first time chenille plant grower?

Payson, AZ(Zone 7b)

I bought a Strawberry Firetails from Logee's which struggled for the 1st three months. I finally realized that it needs lots of Humidity. Now that we have entered Monsoon season, its seems to be doing great. Good Luck!

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Lots of water and sun? I bought two from Logees in the past - lost both over time due to lack of water. They dry out really fast in a clay pot.

I recently bought a big one from Wal-Mart and it is doing fine as long as I keep it watered (drip irrigation in a no drain cache pot).

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Plano, TX

Thank you for the input. How much direct sun do you allow your plants to get?

Mine gets morning sun to about noon and maybe some late day sun. I think it could have more, but then I'd have issues keeping it watered.

Plano, TX

Thanks for the info--- Mine is getting4-5 hours of afternoon and evening sun. I Have read they do not like direct sun and then on the next page it says they are sun loving? I suppose you can read to much

Maybe it depends on where you live. I think most acalyphas like lots of sun. Here is kitten tails (acalypha repens).

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Plano, TX

Well I just got mine and it is small so I guess I will leave it where it is until it starts to show signs of stress. We are supposed to be 106 degrees today so it should test it pretty well---

Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

Mine is potted under shadecloth. Logee's slow grower. Since it has survived in this sheltered environ, I have been hesitant to give it more sun. I sure love the fuzziness.

Thumbnail by PotEmUp
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Mine is planted directly into the flower garden, in total shade except from 10 am on, and is huge and blooming like crazy!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.