exotic angels website gotta see

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

http://www.exoticangel.com/Varieties/

this site is very helpful. you can also join their plant club and get email updates when places in your area get new shipments of exotic angel plants in. this site has lots of pictures and helps with identification. it also has great growing advice on plants. it list all the varieties of each kind of plant they carry.

kelly

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Kelly,

Great Links, Thanks !!! i loved looking at all the different ones...and the pics are great...still not done browsing thru it, will do it more later..but that is awsome :o)

Char

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

char i see sooooooooo many things i would love lol : )

kelly

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the link, I indentified my plant I call fuzzy purple plant by looking through there. How Cool. I also wasn't aware there was a green bonnie spider plant.

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Cool!!
Now when did they add all that?!

I'm *totally* in!

I submitted a story....hope I 'win' some plants!

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

cool nan!!! i hope you win! i am glad i stumbled upon this site : )

kelly

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Me too, Kelly!

Forgot to say 'thank you' for pointing that out!

If I win anything...I'll have to 'share the love' with you! LOL!!

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

nan just let us know if you win! glad i finally stumbled upon a site to share lol. i don't surf internet much just addicted to daves garden lol.

kelly : )

Mt Zion, IL(Zone 5b)

Thank you for pointing this out! This must be something new and I've checked their website off an on over the last year and haven't seen it before.
I've viewed the stores near me and all I can say is ....."ROAD TRIP"!!!! :O)
Betsy

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

lol betsy!!! be sure to post us pictures if you buy any beauties : ) i went to walmart today and they had a new shipment in but they were all things i have but were great prices! they were 1.25 for 4 inch pots.

kelly

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I can't find one near me either. :O( I would love to get more hoyas and Dischidia.
Patti

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

There's none 'near' me, either, but I typed in the zip code of the one that I do visit every once in a while.

League City, TX(Zone 9a)

I filled out their survey and asked them to change the labels to the correct name of each hoya. I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears. They have some wild names out there.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I should fill out their survey , and ask them to send one each of their Hoyas and Dischidia plant to Home depot in Webster Texas store or to my home. LOL

This message was edited Jul 31, 2006 7:08 PM

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

rose maybe that would work lol. i have never seen hoyas around here. this is the reason i don't own any hoyas lol.

kelly : )

Springfield, MO(Zone 6b)

Just now checked out this angel site... cool! I especially liked the feature that allows you to put in your specific needs (like low light, etc) and they provide you the names of plants that would work. Since I live in a big city, there are tons of stores near me that carry these plants... so if anyone is dying for a particular plant, let me know and I'll try to help. I'm on my way out the door now to go buy a plant! ...or two! :)

Springfield, MO(Zone 6b)

Ohhhhh, I just got back from Lowe's and they have lots of angel plants! I got 3. Haven't potted them yet and the pictures are taken on my cat tree :) But here they are...
This one is a Curly Locks Plus Ivy (Hedera helix) It's so cute because all the leaves curl :)

Thumbnail by Ellianor
Springfield, MO(Zone 6b)

And this one is a Fittonia "Juanita" (fittonia argyroneura). I love pink so this one is great for me. It's from Peru.

Thumbnail by Ellianor
Springfield, MO(Zone 6b)

And finally.... a Hoya Tricolor. It's beautiful!! If I kill this one, I'll cry :) The picture doesn't capture it, but the light leaves are pale pale pale pink... almost white, but just a tinge of pink. And then there's green and white also on the other leaves.

Thumbnail by Ellianor
Springfield, MO(Zone 6b)

Rose, I just noticed you like hoyas. I'd be thrilled to send you a cutting but someone would have to walk me through the process as I've never done that. This is the one I have:
http://www.exoticangel.com/Varieties/ShowProductDetails.aspx?productid=126

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

ellianor how pretty! i have never grown the hoyas. you found some pretty plants! i wish our local stores would get some good ones in.

kelly

Springfield, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks! Like I told Rose, if you want a cutting of the hoya (or anything else), let me know!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Ellianore and Welcome to Dave's Garden.
Congratulations on the beautiful plant you found.
Sorry I didn't get back with you sooner. My phone and computer has been done for almost a week. I had to have the phone company come out to fix it. Thank you for the generous offer, but I have that hoya .Take care

Thanks again.
Patti

This message was edited Aug 5, 2006 10:14 PM

Springfield, MO(Zone 6b)

You're welcome, and glad your computer and phone are fixed now :)

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Does anybody know where they carry Exotic Angel hoyas in az. I want so many diff kinds I can't find them around here. I will pay, or trade for anybody that would be willing to send me some..I want most all the ones they carry. Thanks leah

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

cool web site thx!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Here's the place on their website where you can find stores that carry their plants. If a particular nursery is already ordering from them, even if they don't carry all the Hoyas you're interested in they would probably be able to order them for you pretty easily.
http://www.exoticangel.com/PlantClub/FindStore.aspx

You won't find the Exotic Angels brand here, but if you're OK with mail order, Kartuz has 2 pages of Hoya listings, some that are the same species as the Exotic Angels but a number of other ones too. There aren't pictures of all of them, but if you go to Google images I'm sure you can find pics
http://www.kartuz.com/search=Hoya
And Logees has quite a few too
http://www.logees.com/products.asp?dept=78

I wish the buyers from these box stores kept up to date on all those different varieties and would order them instead of always ordering the same ones.

Susan

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

I am not into hoyas, but there is a little nursery here in Taft who grows so many of them......she probably doesn't know the name......she is afriend of mine.....I may take my camera and at least come back with pictures.....she loves hoyas!!!!
gail

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Cool Gail . I would love to see the pictures.
Patti

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

OK....I will try to get out there this coming week sometime....

Crozet, VA

I didn't realize until stumbling upon this thread that I have a lot of the exotic angels. Most are holding their own but not thriving by any means. The website is wonderful. When I am not rushed I will be back to spend some time doing research. Thanks for all who post.

Have a great week.

Ruby

Taft, TX(Zone 9a)

Mine always do better when they can get outside with the humidity on the screened in front porch.

Central Point, OR

Hello Ladies and/or gentlemen;
I stumbled onto this forum by accident but had fun reading all your posts. I do recognize a few user names from the Hoya forum. I am the editor and publisher of Fraterna the official publication of the IHA (International Hoya Association) not to be confused with "Hoya Society International" out of Georgia.
I'm always interested in anybody and everybody who has an interest in growing hoya's. I would be happy to correspond with all who would like to know more about hoyas and share some fantastic photo's. Please e mail me at hoyaannie@aol.com or hoochymama007@hotmail.com please type into the subject line something about IHA or Fraterna to keep your e mail from going into the junk mail folder if your address isn't recognized.
Best Wishes to All
Ann Wayman

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.