My First Real Garden Part 2

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

My "free hand" fence. No measuring done at all.

Thumbnail by kanita

I'm going to attach netting to the fence and grow the cucumbers on there. The fennel, like everything else seems to really love it here! We have unlimited compost, horse manure and straw for our plots. Luckily for me, so far all of my neighboors are really nice.

Thumbnail by kanita
Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

It looks fantastic Kanita!

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

Great work kanita! Your garden looks lovely. Space envy here. LOL!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Looks wonderful, Kanita! I visit LA from time to time for business and it's good to know that hidden here and there are Green Blessings in The Concrete Jungle created by people like you!

Thanks everyone! It is still such a work in progress.

kanita

Is a garden ever truly "done"?

Hey all! Here are some new photos:

Thumbnail by kanita

Corn coming along.

Thumbnail by kanita

Another Bed.

Thumbnail by kanita

Cabbage and red mustard greens.

Thumbnail by kanita
Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Awesome!

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

WOW kanita! it looks fantastic!!

Melissa

Looks great kanita! Is this at your new garden site?

Thanks everyone. Yes Mermaid, this is the new site. The location is so beautiful. I started way too many seeds because i thought I would have the other space as well, oh well. I'm still trying to get over loss at the other garden.

kanita

Perhaps the loss at the other garden happened to allow you to focus fully on the new one, which is a beautiful space.

I always start too many seeds to ensure that I will have enough germinate. Besides, the seedlings are so tiny.......surely I can squeeze another one in! LOL!

Thanks Mermaid!

Austin, TX

WOW! Your story is riveting! Nice new space you got there. I wish I had unlimited access to compost and manure. How do those self-watering pots work? I've never tried them but it looks like a good way to add a third dimension, and more plants, to your garden. Is it hard working in a garden that packed?

I'm assuming that your first community garden plot was sold and someone did pay the 1.5 million (since you're not there anymore). What's there now?

Bunsengirl:

It is hard working in a packed garden. The old garden technically hasn't been sold yet its still there, but I was robbed there and all of my containers including my self watering containers were stolen some, with my rose bushes and peppers, some without, so I am just focusing on my new garden space now.

kanita

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.