How do I trim this?

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Got this arrow head plant a few years back and it is just getting way too big. How do I trim this back? Is there a certain point on the branch that I have to cut at so that I don't kill the plant? What will happen to the plant after I do trim it back. I keep it outside in the shade during the summer and it is getting so big I won't have any place to keep it in the house during the winter. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Gay Lynn

Thumbnail by staceysmom
stettler, AB(Zone 3a)

Hi
I also have some arrow head plants , ,since many years .
I cut the stems down ,to a reasonable lenght and put the cuttings in a glass jar ,they are very easy to start roots this way .
The plant will continue to shoot out more stems and leaves .
I have not had any problems doing it this way .
Hope this helps you out a bit .
Great picture!

Another great looking plant. You really do grow! I have problems with this plant and wish you would give me some advice. Yours appear to be grown perfectly!

Susan

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Susan,
Thanks, basically I keep it outdoors all summer in full shade. I water it quite a bit (almost every day when it is really hot) and mist it every day. Also fertilize it every week with a weak solution of Miracle Grow. In the winter it comes inside and is kept in a bright sunlit window and water it when it feels dry. I also transplanted it when it seemed that it wasn't growing any more. But now it is too big to transplant and getting too big for the indoors when it is time to move it in. I am going to try trimming it back, I have never done that before. Don't want to kill it. Sorry it took me so long to reply, been on vacation.
Gay Lynn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.