needs to be fuller

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

I have had this arrowhead vine for about 14 years and it has never been full or lush. It sometimes dies back to just a couple of leaves/stalks and somehow manages to come back. This is about as good as it has ever looked. The taller part in back is floppy but is being propped up by the wall. My Aunt has one that is huge and full and doesn't flop over or become leggy. I do repot it ever couple of years and also reg use use slow-release plant food.

What does it want/need from me? LOL!

Thumbnail by berrygirl
Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

Perhaps it needs brighter light. What kind of light do you have it in?

I was told once that this plant grows in just a tiny bit of light and doesn't need that much water, but I've found it actually loves bright light and loves being watered.

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

cjolene,
I don't have much direct or bright light in my house due to lack of windows. Like you, I thought this plant thrives in little light. In the summer I usually kept it on the porch in pretty direct light but it didin't help it. I do keep it watered though. I will try putting it in another place that gets direct morning sun.
Thanks for answering!

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

mine gets bright indirect morning light......and has triple in size in the last few months

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.