Prince of Orange question

Barboursville, WV(Zone 6a)

While I was at the nursery today I saw 3 different philos on a table .. one was labeled autum, one was moonlight and one was a prince of orange... I haven't seen the prince of orange there before so it was a nice surprise..the plants are a nice size .. probably in a 6" pot ..they are 14.95 each...

This nursery is one of the more expensive nurseries in town so I didn't know if that was a good price for the prince of orange or if it was on the expensive side because of this particular nursery...

I'm really looking for the pink princess but I'm debating on the Prince of Orange since they have it

I saw the very same selection at Home Depot yesterday. There were in a 6" pan pot for $9.99 each. I didn't get any of them, though I sure wish I could have. They'd have had to sit in the truck all day and I don't think they'd have survived the heat.

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I paid $8.96 at Lowes last fall for the prince of orange. I had a pink princess however I think it has died. I have it still in kitchen just hoping some green will pop back out as the roots seemed healtly. I love my prince of orange.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

A little high but a gorgeous plant.
I've had mine 2 years now.
They are very touchie about water.
I let mine just about dry out between waterings.
Keep them moist and they rot...too dry and they leaf drop.
The new leaves though are spectacular.

Ric

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

I think I paid $9 or $10 for my Prince of Orange. I had been wanting one for such a long time. So I just paid it and was thankful that it was not in higher in price. When I wait for months to finally find a plant that I want, I don't mind spending a few extra dollars to get it. I got mine for HD also.

Jesse

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Is Prince of Orange and Orange Prince the same plant? I just got an Orange Prince at Lows yesterday. He was 6.97 in a 5" pot.

Debbie

I've seen Prince of Orange in Lowe's and the price was not that high. This time of year, keep checking Lowe's and Home Depot.

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Our Lowe's had them and they are about $10. I got one not long ago. I'm not sure if they still have any though.

Jesse

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.