It is Christmas in West Virginia!!!

Barboursville, WV(Zone 6a)

Just look at what I came home to today thanks to a VERY generous lady here at DG :)

I can't thank you enough for your generosity and I will be sure to reciprocate when I can!

There is also a small Jungle Cactus I picked up at Walmart and another thing I don't know what it is ..they were on clearance for like 1.98 ...and the two philo leaves..that were broken off the plants..

whoooooo hooooooooo I'm a happy camper!

Thumbnail by crazy4vines

Another view

Thumbnail by crazy4vines

And this is the unknown thing

Thumbnail by crazy4vines
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

The last is Cryptanthus bivittatus Aka earth star.
Patti

Oh thank you very much!!

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Well, Merry Christmas to you!!!! You got some very nice plants there. I especially love the cryptanthus and the 'moonshine' Sans.

I don't think you can propagate the bird's nest type philos this way. You either have to divide them or air layer them while they're still attached to the mother plant. Before I knew this, I sent a lady a piece of my Prince of Orange. While she was appreciative of the thought, lol, she kindly informed me that she wouldn't be able to do anything with the leaf/stems I'd sent her. Oh well, you live and you learn!

One of these days I'm going to try air layering. I've got some spaghum moss, plastic and rubber bands just waiting for the experiment!

Again, very nice plants you have!

GH

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.