It's Lily Time II

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Not sure what this is! Just opened up today

Thumbnail by SteveIndy
Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

Hi GrowHappy,

It is an Orienpet, or Oriental/Trumpet hybrid. I agree - it is much prettier than I thought it would be. It is in the same family as Silk Road, Conca d'Or, Satisfaction, and Futura - they are all OT's as well. I grow them because they are much tougher than Orientals and have great heat tolerance and seem to perennialize well.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

That's great Steve, but I'll bet it doesn't begin to compare to seeing them in person. What a site that must be!

Myrtle Beach, SC

A few are blooming nicely....I have lost their name tags due to Sharpie not being a "permanent" marker, lol. God bless, Margo

Thumbnail by jlmmkm
Myrtle Beach, SC

unsure of her name but very pretty !

Thumbnail by jlmmkm
Myrtle Beach, SC

When I bought these "coral bells" I had no idea thry were this delicate. I love them...that's my finger beside it to give you an idea of their size. They were gorgeous !

Thumbnail by jlmmkm
Myrtle Beach, SC

Does anyone have any idea what these are ? It took 3 years before they bloomed, but the blooms last forever and smell wonderful. I only bought 3 bulbs, wish I had bought many, many more. Thanks, Margo

Thumbnail by jlmmkm
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

The little coral bells are sweet. Bigger is not always better!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

#1 looks like it could be Gran Cru.

Thumbnail by Moby
Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

Or Yellow Princess. Yellow princess doesn't get real tall.

Thumbnail by beaker_ch

The lavender looks a litle like Unique, but I'm not sure. The white, if fragrant, is probably a longiflorum or Easter Lily hybrid of some sort like Snow Queen.

Unique

Thumbnail by beaker_ch

Nope, not Snow Queen. SQ has a more classic trumpet shape and blooms outfacing, not upward facing. That is really a lovely bloom. I'd like to know what it is.

Greenwood, IN(Zone 5b)

I like the lilies combined with the Amaryllis, jlmmkm...they look nice together.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

This is a new one for me called Spring Pink from van Bourgondien's. I'm disappointed in the size of it. It is suppose to be 24-30" tall and is maybe 14" and the blooms are very small. 3" maybe. It is also suppose to have a tiny purple edge which I sure can't see. Maybe it will take a year or two to grow up and show what it can do. Cute anyway. It's a double Asiatic.

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

Pencil, a graphite pencil is the permanent marker.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.