Sad Dish Garden

Oshkosh, WI(Zone 4b)

This is the dish garden I brought home from work that needs work. You can see why! ;)

Candace

Thumbnail by candace101
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I would have taken them home too.
The bigger plant a Schefflera Arboricola - Dwarf Umbrella Tree . I would put it in pot a gallon size pot. The other plants I would put in individual pots. They aren't doing to well together.
Good luck,
Patti

Oshkosh, WI(Zone 4b)

I told one co-worker that the umbrella tree has to go in it's own pot, but she doesn't seem to think so. I'm almost certain that plant is the reason why the other plants aren't doing well. I'm working on a different dish garden with some new plants, and plant to take care of it myself.

I'm going to take out all the plants and put them into individual pots and see if I can help them to survive. There is a velvet-leaf philodendron in there that I'd really like to rescue, since that will be such a pretty plant if I can get it going.

Candace

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Candace, what is the plant with the pink flowers?

GH

Oshkosh, WI(Zone 4b)

Hi GH,

Those are fake flowers. I thought that's what made that dish garden look so trashy. I have some new plants here that I found at a Home Depot store today that I'll be using in the dish garden that I'll be taking back to work next week. I was rather embarassed to see that planter in our waiting area at work and decided to change it. There won't be any fake flowers in the dish garden when I get done with it!

Candace

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.