Thumbnail by Chris_Lorry
Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Philodendron moonlight

Thumbnail by Chris_Lorry
Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Black cardinal

Thumbnail by Chris_Lorry
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

VERY nice Philos. I'm getting more and more excited about visiting PHOE next month. I'm really excited about the begonia possibilities. If I'm lucky, I'll find some nice orchids too.

GH

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

I did pick up one begonia

Thumbnail by Chris_Lorry
Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Well one for myself and 3 for Laurie :)

Thumbnail by Chris_Lorry
Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Thumbnail by Chris_Lorry
Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Thumbnail by Chris_Lorry
Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

very nice lorry! great plants! i love the black cardinal : )

kelly

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

I also picked up 2 bromeliads (one of the pink pineapple ones I have been hunting for and one trailing), a jewel orchid 2 sedums and a hoya

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

I have been wanting a black cardinal :) they get soo black and pretty when mature!

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

i would love to see a picture of the jewel orchid! i just love them. i have wanted one every since i saw a picture in Miracle Gro Encyclopedia of plants.

kelly

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Here is the jewel orchid
They had them for 5.00 and I just could not resist

Thumbnail by Chris_Lorry
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

I think the jewel orchid is so cool. It looks like electric currents are running through the leaves. It's a different kind of plant, for sure. It can't be a true orchid? What family does it belong to?

GH

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Erm..Actually I do believe they are true orchids :) and have been around for quite some time. They have just regained popularity :) but usually are pricey :) I got this one for the bargain of 5.00

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

That jewel orchid looks so brilliant!! I've never seen one of those before! Congratulations on your new plants! They look fantastic!

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Oh how I love the Begonia with the Red in it :))

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

wow lorry it does look like electric currants! i love it! thanks for sharing your pictures : )

kelly

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

It really does! I had never seen anything like it!

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

What is PHOE, I love that first philo.

Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Really nice plants, but what is the name of the mini philodendron? And secondly, what is PHOE?8>))

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

NICE finds, Lorry!!

I'm in love with B. exotica, too, but after posting questions about it on the Begonia forum, have decided that I'd kill it since it's so 'fussy', so won't be getting one.
Will be interested to hear if Laurie has good luck with it....(and I'm betting she will!)

So when can I expect that truck hauling my 'one of everything'?! LOL!!!!

I had to ask what PHOE was, too....it's a nursery called Palm Hammock Orchid Estate in Florida.

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

You mean the angel win Allison? If so that is exotica :)

And yes Kelly..it looks metallic in person too :)

I believe the mini philo is caled pincushion.

and PHOE is Palm Hammock orchid estate

LOL..Nan you are a hoot :) I am putting up a new plant stand tonight. I have plants everywhere and need more room (I think I have a plant addiction)

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

LOL!!
Ya think?! ;)

Well, you know what they say...we could be addicted to much worse!

I took a few outside yesterday, (hung them in the apple trees.....mostly Rhipaslis and Epiphyllum and friends) figured there shouldn't be any more frost.....and it got down to 35!!!........it didn't frost so I'm crossing my fingers that nothing is damaged.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.