citrus fertilizer

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

Hello all!

Asking this for my mother who just bought a meyer lemon tree at Lowes. It says to use a citrus fertilizer...does anyone have a recommendation? We looked at Lowes and couldn't find anything except for the large outdoor trees.

Thanks! Kim

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Try the Acorn Springs website. If I remember correctly, they sell citrus fert.

GH

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks GH...I tried looking up their website (both acorn springs and dwarf citrus) but neither work. Perhaps there is something that can be purchased locally rather than online? Oh...I should mention local would be Ohio, not Texas.

Thanks, Kim

This message was edited May 16, 2006 8:56 PM

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

This may help, you can put in the zip code you want.
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=fertilizer+for+citrus+trees&hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-15,GGLD:en&sa=X&oi=froogle&ct=title
I hope that works.
If it doesnt work, I went to the google search, and clicked the Froogle tab, and put in "fertilizer for citrus trees"

This message was edited May 17, 2006 1:24 PM

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

Sorry Shelly, but that link just takes me back to this post. I tried googling but I can try again. Doesn't anyone else have these indoors and fertilize them? Is it ok to just use regular fertilizer?

Thanks, Kim

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4a)

I have had a meyer lemon tree indoors for about 15 years, although it is outdoors for summer. I use Miracid, and as far as I know, it works fine. If the leaves get too pale, I fertilize more and that makes it look healthier.

Susan in Minnesota

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

http://froogle.google.com/frghp?hl=en&tab=wf&q=

Try this, and type in fertilizer for citrus trees there are alot out there.

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

Susan...thanks for the tip on the Miracid. Is there a local place you purchase this or do you order it online?

Thanks, Kim

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 4a)

Kim,
Miracid is made by the Miracle Grow folks, and it is available everywhere (hardware, garden, Target, etc.) here in the frozen north. I assume it is sold nationwide, but I don't know that. Hope that helps. If you can't find it, every decent garden store will sell acid fertilizer for your evergreens and azalias, so you could ask for that.
Susan in Minnesota

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.