July 8th Roundup Trades

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Hiya everyone!

Please set up trades and post your lists of what you'll have to trade in this thread. I'll post my complete list later today. We're getting closer to the date and thought it might help get the ball rolling to post a thread.

best,
don

Thumbnail by drdon
Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi Dr. Don

What do you trade, seeds or plants?

BTW, everything seems to be growing pretty good. Thanks again!

kanita

Thumbnail by kanita
Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya kanita,

Good news about your plot!...woohoo!

I trade plants, seeds, doggies, horses....lol. Nope I trade both plants and seeds and will have some very cool herbs you may be interested in as well as some other veggie-type stuff you might be interested in. Our veggie plot here is now fully planted finally and it takes up more space than last year...so it should be fun walking through the veggie gardens as well as the ornamentals. Don't forget your harvest basket as there is bound to be some ripe stuff by the day of the RoundUp. Soon, as Donna (SoCal) and frogsrus (Janice) get to doing their thing on these threads you'll see lots of activity regarding trades of stuff that would whet anyone's whistle....

best to you,
don

Thanks. Thats great, I'll get me list together.

kanita

Perris, CA(Zone 9a)

My son has a myriad of different kinds of geraniums at his house in West Hills. Does this sound like something someone would be interested in? I can bring the Lycoris again this year...LOL If anyone is interested in either of these let me know...Thanks,

Chuck

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

I have a number of things to bring to the RU, but don't know if there's any interest in these two....Centranthus Ruber (if you want it you've probably already got it, and if you've got it you surely won't run out) and Eucalyptus Citriodora, try to let me know if you have interest in either, otherwise I have a friend coming by next week and will pass them all on to her. I'm in a "clearing out" frame of mind. We keep thinking about moving out of state and everytime we think of moving I panic and start taking cuttings and divisions, and then end up with a lot of stuff sitting around getting in my way. And to Chuck, I for one am always interested in geraniums. I'll make counts tomorrow of what I have available and list them for takers. Fortunately I have things already rooted and ready to go, so much easier!
Sherry
This message was edited May 11, 2006 3:15 PM

This message was edited May 11, 2006 3:31 PM

wcgypsy - I would love the eucalyptus.

kanita

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Kanita
A quick count it looks as though I have 13, they're 1- gal size and you're welcome to all, how many would you like?
Sherry

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Here's my list,

I have the following plants that I'll root cuttings from on request as long as the request is no more than 3 weeks before the roundup.

Salvia nubicola
Salvia iodantha
Salvia involucrata
Salvia dorisiana
Salvia gesneriiflora
Salvia gesneriiflora 'Tequila'
Salvia guaranitica 'Argentine Skies'
Salvia guaranitica 'Costa Rican Blue'
Salvia guaranitica 'Purple Majesty'
Salvia guaranitica 'Indigo Spires'
Salvia coahuilensis
Salvia divinorum (trade only)
Salvia cacaliifolia
Salvia madrensis
Salvia microphylla 'Hot Lips'
Salvia greggii 'Flame'
Salvia apiana
Salvia brandegii
Salvia confertiflora
Salvia sinaloensis
Salvia semiatrata
Salvia melissidora
Salvia corrugata
Salvia patens 'Cambridge Blue'
Salvia patens
Salvia blepharophylla 'Diablo'

Also I have the following in containers now

3 each Dracaena draco
12 each Hibiscus acetosella
2 each Dasylirion longissimum
1 each Dasylirion acrotriche
3 each Sesbania grandiflora
10 each Sisyrinchum bellum
2 each Geum 'Starker's Magnificum'
2 each Geum 'Mango Lilli'
many Lobelia cardinalis
many Lobelia syphilitica
12 each Lavandula stoechas
2 each Paulownia (Sapphire Dragon Tree)
5 each Salvia sclarea 'Mojito'
3 each Salvia transylvanica
3 each Salvia stenophylla
2 each Salvia macrophylla 'Peruvian Blue'

Succulents and Cactus:

5 Agave parryi
5 Agave colorata
5 Agave angustifolia variegata
3 Agave americana 'glauca'
Various echinopsis
Various opuntias

Seeds:

Ravenala madagascarensis
Washingtonia filifera
Crytostachys lakka
Turbina corymbosa
Angelica archangelica
Capparis inermis
Various California poppies
Some heirloom veggie seeds
Some California native flower seed.

Some things I've already promised to some friends, but if there are any extras I'll have a few orchids to share and some other stuff that can be dug like the Shasta daisies and other perennials.

best,
don

This message was edited May 18, 2006 6:26 AM

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Don, I'm interested in a cutting of salvia involucrata. Thanks much
Sherry

This message was edited May 12, 2006 3:00 PM

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya wcgypsy,

Done! I'll make a cutting today and get it started.

best,
don

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I do not want to be around to see what happens when you tell Pam you traded one of her babies for a plant!!

Thanks Sherry! I'll take 3 for the community garden area, which looks pretty sparse right now. Plus, others might want some as well.

kanita

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya frogsrus,

lol, what she doesn't know won't hurt her...*snicker*

I'll trade any horse on this ranch for a true blue rose, a true black orchid or an automatic industrial strength pooper scooper...lol. Since none of those things exist, I'm guessing Pam is safe from my wheelings and dealings this season...lol.

Hope you're bringing your horse addict as the trainers may have something fun for her to do.

best,
don

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Okay, this is my preliminary list

Cistus Skanbergii (5)
Rosemarinus "Tuscan Blue" (3)
Scented Geranium "Nutmeg" (4) 1 to 'spin
Tagetes Lemonii (4)
Eucalyptus Citriodora (3) 3 to Kanita
Salvia "Berggarten" (2) to "spin
Salvia Viridis (4) 2 to Blooms, 2 to 'spin
Ocimum Gratissimum (east Indian clove basil) (3)
Verbena Rigida (5)
Pennisetum Rubrum (5)
Buddleja "Lindleys" (5)
Ipomoea "Blue Dawn Flower) perennial, can be invasive (3)
Platycodon Grandiflorus (balloon flower) (2) 4'' pot
Leonotis Leonurus (lion's tail) (3)
Hydrangea Serrata Variegata (variegated lacecap hydrangea) (2)
Silene (perennial, unknown name, pink flowers) (15)
Centranthus ruber (4) 2 to 'spin, 2 to Blooms
Elettaria cardamomum divisions (3-4)
Salvia "Limelight" (1)
Linaria (perennial) (4)
Romneya coulterii 1 to Kaperc (may have more if they make it)
Salvia "Waverly" (2) 4" pots
Nepeta (catmint six hills giant) (2) 1 to blooms
Martha Washington (tall, lavender flower w/purple splotch) couple of pots, or cuttings
Geranium/pelargonium (tall, salmon flowered) cuttings
Ash trees (5)
Gaura lindheimeri (4)
Asclepias tuberosa ----yellow flowered (4) 4 " pots
Nicotiana alata (2) 4" pots
Cestrum nocturnum-night jasmine (1)
Lemon grass/ cymbopogon small, recent division (1)
Vetiver 5 gal size, cut back (1)

Sherry

Promised to me:
From Don 1 salvia involucrata
From 'Spin 1 passiflora vitifolia
From Frogs 1 of each plectranthus offered
From Weegie some iris

This message was edited Jul 2, 2006 11:36 AM

This message was edited Jul 4, 2006 5:35 PM

This message was edited Jul 6, 2006 1:24 PM

This message was edited Jul 7, 2006 9:41 AM

Lucerne Valley, CA(Zone 8a)

Oh, my! I'll get my list started right away, but as I'm just getting ready to divey up and transplant, I have about 20 anaheim chiles and prolly 10 extra mixed hot peppers (I don't know which plants are which yet, but among them are: hot cherry, long cayenne, hungarian wax and jalapeno. Let me know!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

My horse addict would hang my hide on the barn if she could not come this year.

We were out starting a few things this am. An oppossum took out a large branch of my Butterfly brug in its quest for snails, frogs, and other goodies. I have plenty. The darned critter did not have to be so destructive in its hunt for food. So... plenty of that to share,even after all other trades are sent out. I will get my list together too.

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

Don:
Daresay that both Blooms and I would like Salvia nubicola (2 cuttings). The rest are sadly too big for me and too tender for her.
Sherry:
Again speaking for both Blooms and self: love to try the S.viridis and C.ruber... that's two each -- we live 700 miles apart!

Blooms and I will bring the following:
. Plants:
Leonotis menthifolia (several! of varying sizes) (at least on to Corona~Barb)
Cuphea hyssopifolia, Mexican heather (2 or 3, small)
Pelargonium crispum, Lemon geranium (several-to-many!)
Passiflora vitifolia (one to Sherry, one to Donna, one to Janice, and one more available) --
. This is a vigorous red-flowering passionvine that attracts Gulf Frittilaries but does not nourish their cats
. Would recommend only if you have other passionvines that can provide food for the cats, then plant together
Salvia cacaliifolia... (largest one to Corona~Barb, another to Kathleen, others available!)
Same for big coral-flowered Salvia x jamensis that I thought was Sierra San Antonio (Corona~Barb, taking back-up offers for babies)
. (pics of Sierra San Antonio all show light peach or variegated flowers, this is HOT CORAL-ORANGE)

. Seeds
Nigella, Love-In-A-Mist (selected from blue-flowering plants)
Lychnis coronaria, Rose campion...
. this is a biennial -- leaves like lamb's ears the first year, spikes with hot magenta flowers the second
Leonotis menthifolia

Maybe more that I've forgotten. Have mini-van so will bring these regardless, but if you want something FOR SURE, speak now and I will put your name on it.

~'spin!~

This message was edited Jun 10, 2006 9:21 PM

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya crystalspin,

Done!

2 Salvia nubicolas

Please let Blooms know that I'm germinating some rock garden perennials like Draba...etc. I don't know if they'll take, but if they do I'll hang on to some stuff for her altitude. I wanted to try a few alpines from seed this year and so it goes...lol.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Hi 'spin, Blooms,
It's a done deal for both of you for the salvia viridis and the centranthus.
'spin, I would really like the passiflora if possible, will you have people fighting over it?
Sherry

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

Only the uninformed! (Hee hee) -- this plant will eat your house, you know. Wish I'd known about it when we lived it Anaheim Hills with a big "fire-break" hill behind us. Your name it on it, or on the largest one if the roots (left when Naien/Scott took the main plant last year) have actually made more than one plant!
~'spin!~

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

Addendum:
I can supply starts of the groundcover Polygonum capitum, a type of knotweed known as "Pink Clover Flower".

It has its uses.

City of Fullerton includes it in their drought-resistant list... given a little water such as has fallen from our skies this spring, it covers pretty thoroughly with its reddish and green inch+ pointy leaves and little 1/2" round pink flowers. It will even extend a mat of leaves and flowers over a footstone or the manhole-cover to your water/cable.

Left unwatered in the sun, that mat gets pretty stringy/leggy looking by July or August. Not hard to pull, but hard to get rid of when established (breaks off under ground and comes back from any-and-every node). I don't hate it, but I do laugh to think I once petitioned Armstrongs to get me a flat! (at another house, it came with this one)

LMK, ~'spin!~
Here it is, "mulching" between the azaleas

Thumbnail by crystalspin
Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

And here, laying entirely over pavers, along with the Lotus "Parrot Beaks". Everything inside the arbor's feet is pavers with plants LAYING OVER.
~'spin!~

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

Helps if you attach the photo-link the first time; can't add with the Edit function!

Thumbnail by crystalspin
Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Crystalspin,
Thank you very much. I love all passifloras, think it stems from a very young childhood memory of a white gazebo we had with passiflora climbing over; it stayed in the back of my mind waiting to be awakened by seeing one on a neighbors fence and remembering the flowers. This was 46 (oh my gosh!) years ago and I think that and having lemon grass tea in Hawaii were the two things that made me realize that what I wanted to do was grow things! And, I'm used to things that take over, I have Blue Dawn perennial morning glory everywhere, it's worth it to me!
Sherry

This message was edited May 15, 2006 12:26 PM

This message was edited May 15, 2006 12:43 PM

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Hi Don,

Can you put me down for Lavandula stoechas and California poppy seeds, please?
I would also love cuttings of Salvia madrensis and S. nubicola if possible.
Thanks very much.

Kathleen

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

Done!

Good to see you kaperc.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Ok! I will make a start and keep adding as I go along.

Plectranthus Lois Woodhull
1-wcgypsy
Plectranthus Madasgariensis
1-wcgypsy
Plectranthus Nicoletta
1-wcgypsy
Plectranthus Ciliatus Zulu wonder/Zulu Queen
1-SoCal
1-wcgypsy
Plectranthus Cosmosus-Wooly Plectranthus
1-wcgypsy
Plectranthus Forsteri Aureus Variegatus
1-wcgypsy
Plectranthus Purpuratus-Vicks Plant
1-wcgypsy

Please let me know and I will pot these up. I do not want to start a lot of them that no one wants

Ipomoea indica- Blue dawnflower This morning glory does not reseed
Cape fuschia-orange (2)
Red Hot Pokers-1 gal size (3)
Euphorbia myrsinites (2) Socal, Gourd

Brugmansias-I will bring cuttings/ Just do not have time to pot them all up, if folks want them.

Butterfly
Versicolor Peach
KBS (affectionately known as "The Monster")
Jessie Noel
Species (a few)

Be back with more after I remove the African tree fern from one of the front beds.
Janice

This message was edited Jun 6, 2006 3:08 PM

Perris, CA(Zone 9a)

I haven't started the geraniums yet but I have two lonicera semp. 'Sulphurea' that were extra from Spring planting. I
also have a small Aloe vera. If there is more demand, I will gladly dig up all my aloe vera and eilther give it or trade it. I also have two small succulents that I don't know what they are. I am going to take a photo as soon as my youngest daughter gives me my camera back (s/b Monday). I will then place the photo on the Plant ID forum. I am going to my son's house on Monday also. I will try to get as many colors of geraniums as I can. He may also have some plants that I can trade. And, of course, the lycoris is thriving again this year.

I can hardly wait for July 8th. My wife (Loida) is excited about it too.

Take care,

Chuck

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

WOW!
I'd better find more to trade, I see Don's list and Frogsrus' list and I get greedy, will see if I can find more stuff here to barter with.......
Sherry

This message was edited May 20, 2006 6:34 PM

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Sherry, please, just tell us what you want. I spent today taking plants OUT of the garden. I had not realized that French lavender could get 5 1/2 feet tall. You do not necessarily have to trade. Folks will let you know when they have something that is for trade only.
Janice

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Frogs, thank you, that's very generous. I would very much like a cutting of each of the plectranthus, the only one I have now is argentea. If I only get one of the plectranthus I'd be just as happy!
Sherry

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Be very very careful. I too only had one plec at one time lol! I have more than listed but keep small plants only. Big wooly is almost 6 feet and my favorite. It is spectacular when it flowers.

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Oh Frogs, Surely we've all been down this path. I've finally learned a good deal of restraint at this point in my life. I think I have about 20 roses and I won't let myself even consider anymore, period! But every now and then that little whisper passes through on the breeze.."I could collect roses...I could collect iris..."
Sherry

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I anyone wants unnamed irises, please let me know. I'm trying to rid my garden of all the unnamed ones...there are mostly purple and a few white. I'll bring plenty if anyone is interested. I will probably have some leftovers from my customers orders so those will be named and marked. I could bring a great big box of named and unnamed and you all could just pick and choose!

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Weegy 12
I do, I do! Somebody had better want some of my stuff soon, I can't just take and not give!! Were you the one whispering in my ear, "you could collect iris"?
Sherry

Temecula, CA(Zone 8b)

hiya weegy12,

Are we trading stapelias? I'd love it if you dmail me with some details on what Iris you've got at the nursery these days as I've still got that same idea about them I shared with you last year.

best,
don

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Sherry, you heard me???? And please take! I'll have plenty!
Don, will e-mail you info this evening, we're off to a birthday party! About how many are you thinking of starting with? You could come and see the garden before the blooms go bye bye, probably one more week of blooms and then that's it except for the trusty rebloomers! You're welcome anytime.

No. San Diego Co., CA(Zone 10b)

Thanks, Don! Looking forward to it.

Kathleen

Perris, CA(Zone 9a)

Weegy12,

I keep forgetting to respond to your Iris post. I am also interested in getting two or three bulbs (is that what they call them?) of Iris. It doesn't matter if they are unnamed or not.

Thanks,

Chuck

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.