Ficus 'Sylvie'

Oshkosh, WI(Zone 4b)

Found this one at the garden store today too. It looks much better in person than in the photo!

Candace

Thumbnail by candace101
Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

that looks like a variegated rubber plant! Cool! So jealous, by the way!! ; )

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

What a lovely specimen!

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Wow, Candace, 'Sylvie' is a looker! I yearn for the day mine gets that big. I bought a tiny one last Spring and it didn't grow much over the summer. I even lost a couple of leaves(there weren't many to begin with!). I'm hoping for a banner year this time! I find that it grows slowly. I've gotten 2-3 new leaves since bringing her inside last Fall. Maybe my conditions just aren't right for it. I planted it in c and s soil, so that it stays on the dry side. Maybe I should water more often. LOL

GH

Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

hope this helps, all http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/64411/index.html.
Larry

This message was edited May 4, 2006 8:11 AM

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I received a varigated Rubber Tree from the last houseplant swap, can't remember if it was from a DGer or a GWer. Anyway, it is so pretty, I had never seen one before, hope it does well.

Oshkosh, WI(Zone 4b)

Thanks everyone!

I was so surprised to see this one at the garden store yesterday. This one is in an 8-inch pot right now, and about 20 inches tall from floor to tip. It has so much new growth on it too. I saw one of these at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago and fell in love with the variegated leaves. When I saw this one yesterday, I had to buy it!

I'm thinking of moving this one to a larger pot eventually to see how tall it grows. I've seen some taller plants that are absolutely beautiful. I have another Rubber Plant, the more purplish leaf variety, that is doing exceptionally well now too, so I'm excited to have both varieties in my collection now!

Candace

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.