Moonlight Philodendron

Oshkosh, WI(Zone 4b)

Found this one at the local garden store today. I've never seen one like this before and thought I'd get it to see how it does.

Candace

Thumbnail by candace101
Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh wow. I love that candace. I hope it does well for you.

Jesse

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

This is a gorgeous plant. My local garden center has several of these and I love them. I haven't done well with them at home though.

Check out this link http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/62887/index.html

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Hey Candace,

It's a beautiful plant! I bought 3-4 two inch pots of it last Spring and just planted them all in a 6 inch pot. I let the soil dry out before watering again and feed monthly in the Spring/Summer. Although, now that I'm using Eleanor VF-11, I feed it twice monthly. It would like bright indirect light and a well draining soil. I think I burned a couple of leaves last summer by having it too close to a west facing window. There were these little "pinhole" marks on a few leaves. I assumed it was from being too close to the window. Then again, maybe I let it get TOO dry and the marks were a response to that. It's recovered nicely over the winter, t hough. I have it further away from a west window, now.

Good Luck w/yours!

Gh

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I have this philo as well, I bought mine off ebay in Feb to add to my philo collection. So far it is doing well. Good luck with yours.

Oshkosh, WI(Zone 4b)

Thanks to everyone for your comments!

Kniphofia: Thank you for the link! Those are beautfiful pictures and some great information!

GrowHappy: Thank you for sharing your experiences. I will be careful of how much light and feeding I give my plant. I only have south and east windows in my apartment, and my Pothos and my other Philodendron seem to like the east window best, so I'll put the Moonlight Philo there too.

I'm thinking of going back to the garden store to get another one of these so that I have a fuller pot. These come in 3 inch pots at the GS, so another one or two will be perfect for the pot I have in mind.

Candace

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.