Piggy Back Plant

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

I bought a very nice looking one about a month ago from WallyWorld. Now the leaves are dry and it looks like the plant is dying. I didn't transplant it, because I didn't think it needed it.

This plant makes babies by new divisions growing on the leaf. I'm not talking about Mother of Thousands. This plant is not a succulent.

Can anyone help? I saw another one Friday, but I was afraid to buy it because it seems like I don't know the secret for it.

I tried to search for it in here, but all I know is "piggy back plant".

Thanks!

Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Check this shortcut, this maybe your plant http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/82897/index.html

larry

It is exactly the plant! Thank you.

However, it doesn't really give any information from someone who has grown it.

Can anyone tell me why mine turns dry and dies? Thanks... I really like this plant.

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Flwrlady, can you check your plant for spider mites? Hold a white piece of paper under the leaves and firmly tap the leaves. If anything falls to the paper and starts moving around, you have mites.

Also, make sure your growing area isn't overly dry. Lack of humidity causes some plants to brown their leaves.

Did you pot the piggy up when you bought it? If the pot is too big, it could be suffering from root rot.

GH

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

These plants are hardy to something like zone 5 or 6??
So....they don't make the best houseplant unless you can provide a cool location.
They need fairly good light if grown indoors, too.

I keep mine on the unheated porch all year, and even there it gets kind of ratty looking, but in the spring it perks right back up. (It's starting to grow a lot right now!)

I place it outdoors in the shade in the summer and it goes *wild*!!

If yours is 'drying up', try cutting it back and then placing on a porch or even outdoors in the shade.

Hope that helps!

Thank you, Nan and GrowHappy. I'll chop on it tonight when I get home. I appreciate your comments. I'm sure it finds it kinda dry where I have it :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.