My Newest Addition

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

I picked this up at a local GH today. It is Iresine Herbstii aka Bloodleaf or Chicken Gizzard(LOL, luv that name!)

Thumbnail by GrowHappy
Oshkosh, WI(Zone 4b)

That is a great name for a plant! LOL Your plant is gorgeous, I love that color! Great find!

Candace

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

GH,

What a BEAUTIFUL plant that is....I wish i lived closer to garden centers, the closest one to me is Lowes and it is about an hour away (going the speed limit) We have a few Mom and Pop centers here, but they rarely carry anything, most of the plant I already have.

P.S. my Miss PP is doing wonderful.. i am so excited

Char

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

i love it!

kelly

Santa Barbara, CA(Zone 10b)

Here in sourthern California we can grow that in the ground all year. It really adds color in the winter. Now the other perennials are starting to fill in.

Thumbnail by jooolster
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

jooolster - just rub it in why don't cha' - LOL Must be nice!!!

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

I'm telling ya, Chantell! Just rub it in, Joools! Seriously, it IS gorgeous. How tall does it get in your yard?

GH

Santa Barbara, CA(Zone 10b)

I think that's as tall as it gets. Here it is a about year ago, not too long after I planted it.

Thumbnail by jooolster
Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

One of my favorite plants, I had one last fall that didn't survive overwintering, here is a photo of my late plant.

Thumbnail by snboyken
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

That color is simply yummy

Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

hated losing this one,

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

SN- hopefullly she's resting in plant heaven.:) How did you acquire yours?

GH

Emporia, KS(Zone 5b)

Love that BRIGHT color!!! Congratulations!

Pompton Lakes, NJ

HI.. I HAVE A SMALL BLOODLEAF...I CAN'T SEEM TO GET IT TO GROW BIGER.
ANY SPECIAL FERTILIZER THAT WOULD HELP....? IT'S IN A 3 INCH POT. WOULD A LARGER POT HELP?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

zonesix,
You might want to make that a new post...sometimes you'll get more responses that way.
Good luck!
Chantell

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

That is a beautiful plant. I have been looking for one for quite a long time. Maybe I'll break down and order it one day. I keep hoping that some of our local HD's or Lowe's will get some in. I think your plant is just lovely.

Jesse

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.