Let's Do A "Canna Secret Trade"

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Rita,
please D-mail me your infor so I can add you!!

Thanks
Donna

near Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Oct.1 works for me too. Could we maybe include our growing zone in the info so that if we want to send a suprise too we can be sure it will grow in the persons zone?

Ok I'll TRY to remember to add zone's to ST names

As of today we have 19 that have sign up!
Hope yall 19 are gearing up for an "exciting secret trade!"
7 days until deadline 9-25-06 Monday!

Donna

This message was edited Sep 19, 2006 1:19 PM

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I am ready and waiting...LOL

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Will dig and wash tomorrow!! Pictures are ready!

It looks to be that no-one else wants to join us!
19 is a Great #!
I'm getting ready to start drawning names
very soon. Hope yall are getting ready!

I had to shut the door a few days early,
due to my 16 yr old son illness.
Just found out he has a rupture disc
in his lower back. I hope & pray that
he doesn't have to have surgery. We'll
know more Tuesday.

So I am D-mailing your secret traders name today.
Please try to ship your 3 canna's of choice by
Wednesday October the 4th. The sooner the better!!
I would like everyone to rec their SURPRISE CANNA'S
within the next 2 weeks. That way we all can share
what "GOODIES" we rec in a NEW THREAD. I'll name
Canna ST Result's!

Please Remember:
Too send your "Secret Trader" a "SURPRISE BOX"
that "YOU" would "LOVE" to receive! Those little
extra touches can be a sweet blessing to the reciever.
Which I know many of you are adding extra treats, that
just makes the Secret Trade much more sweeter!

If anyone has a problem please, please let me know in a D-mail!

I would like to thank everyone who sign-up! Hope yall have had a GREAT experience in this Canna Secret Trade! As much as I have enjoy organizing it! Which I would like to do many more ST in the future. Maybe a
Perennials ST. If you have any suggestion for a ST, I'm game! Wanna be on my ST future list?

Thanks again for your support & interest,
Many Blessing Too You All,
Donna - gapeahen

Everyone should have there Secret Traders Name now!

Remember it's a SECRET!

Midland, SC(Zone 8b)

Got my info on my secret trader and will be shipping on Monday or Tuesday to ensure delivery before the weekend by Priority mail. Rhizones or plants will ship fine as the delivery time is 2-3 businesss days. I ship plants all the time and have never had a late delivery!!! My ST ...look for your cannas about 9/27-28. This is so much fun.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Stitched some pictures of my canna together, thought I would share the photo with all of you SECRET TRADERS!

Thumbnail by JanetS
Midland, SC(Zone 8b)

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

That's a cool picture Janet!!

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

My laptop is down and in the shop and it has all my pictures on it. I will be shipping to my ST on Tuesday, so I know you dont know who you are. So if anyone wont be home this Thurs or Fri please post here because if it is you I will send next Tuesday instead. I will post pictures when I get my laptop back which is to be in 5 - business days from day I sent it out they say. Hope they mean it cuz I hate being without it. It goes everywhere with me. Do you know what it is like to carry this 17" monitor and cpu around NOT....LOL so I am lost.

Anyway Look for pictures in about a week or so. Unless, Oh wait I got it. Hubby is not home tues. I will change out my hard drive with his and post the pictures tues. Oh yes that will work. Shhhhhhhhhh dont tell....LOL

Have fun all
Beck

BTW to my secret sender I will not be home this weekend so please send next tues.

Thanks
Beck

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

To My ST receiver, I have your box all boxed up and ready to go tomarrow. Sorry I had to cut off two of the Plants. But they have nice babies coming up. I sent 4 and some suprises.

Here is Picture 1 of 3. I dont have picture of one of them.

Thumbnail by rwmedic
Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

Picture 2 of 4. I found picture of 4th one

Thumbnail by rwmedic
Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

Picture 3 of 4

Thumbnail by rwmedic
Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

Picture 4 of 4

Thumbnail by rwmedic
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

What is the name of number three? It is really pretty..
Janet

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Number four is pretty too! I really like the way it is streaked!

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

#2 was not a very good picture but it was the only one I had of that one. It is a beautiful Pink color.

I also included a Butterfly Suncatcher, And Hibiscus, Hollyhock, and Love-in-a-Mist Seeds.

ST receiver I hope you enjoy.

Thanks for the ST I have enjoyed it and having fun
Beck

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

My ST box was mailed this morning also. I included one that looks like rwmedic's #3 pic, named Florence Vaughn. It was my first year to have them and they were georgeous, happy to share with my ST! The other goodies, are a surprise.
Sheila

Thumbnail by Sheila_FW
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Beautiful...here is a picture of one of mine I am sending to my ST...it is Wyoming..
Janet

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Looks really pretty with Florence Vaughn, don't you think...LOL
JanetS

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Very pretty! I would love it, pinks, yellows,...all of them!! LOL!

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

Janet,

Those are both beautiful. And unfortunitly I Planted these before I knew to keep the names of everything but I think #3 is Yellow Humbert, And #1 is Richard WAllace, That is if I remember right. The other 2 I havent gotten a memory jog on them yet.

And those 2 of yours are beautiful.

Thanks for sharing
Beck

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is Rosemond Cole..

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

This is last years bloom on Cleopatra..it hasn't bloomed yet this year..

Thumbnail by JanetS
Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

Janet,

Ooooooh those are so pretty.

My mothers house the cannas got up to 7' tall this year. I hope to get down there soon to get them dug up for her. My fathers fav is cannas.

Beck

It looks to be that yall do have a nice collections growing! It's this FUN! It's good to share these pictures!
Great job you guys!

Beck when are you going hunting?

To my ST (????) I'll be shipping Monday, but hopfully sooner!

Do we need to start another thread or just keep this one going????
Whatcha think????

Donna

This message was edited Sep 25, 2006 9:36 PM

Decatur, IL(Zone 5b)

Well the boss cancealed my vacation day but I am taking it anyway....LOL I may not have a job come next monday. We are leaving Friday morning and will be back Monday morning.

Becl
k

Yall be safe! Have a good won!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Lovely canna pics Janet! Hope they are headed my way! LOL!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Now Sheila...that's a SECRET!!! LOL Isn't this fun...

Midland, SC(Zone 8b)

Janet,
In your second picture...with the orange flower, does it have dark leaves or am I not seeing it correctly? It is gorgeous!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes it has dark leaves...here is another one...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Midland, SC(Zone 8b)

Very pretty. I have the dark burgandy leaf one, but the flowers are red. Thanks for the pic!!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes I have that one as well...I just love the burgundy leaves! I recenly received a bengal tiger tuber and of course it is small, but I can't wait till it does bloom, I am looking forward to those leaves as well. I would really like some of the one with the different colored leaves like the tropicana, I have never found one, and never see them here. but there are cool looking.

Midland, SC(Zone 8b)

Janet, if it is allowed I will trade you a bengal for one of your dark leafed orange. Your's should be nice size now. I can send a bengal that will fill the
25 inch tall box(leaves might be folded over a little) they are beautiful. I like to see the plants and not have to wait till next year to see what they look like.Just let me know. It was 57 degrees this morning, and that worries me because my cannas and everything else is now at it's best. The intense heat this summer was rough on them and now all is growing so well.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Donna,
We should be receiving our packages soon. Where are we suppose to post our goodies list and thank you's to our ST same thread?
Sheila

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.