Can anyone ID me??

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

My Precious Mother gave this to me today, I dont know the name of her,but i feel in love with her already...got her in her new home and everything but just need a name. The leaf on her is about 10 inches long, top to bottom and the the stalk is app. 20 inches long...the underside of her leaf is a reddish/brown color, very pretty.

Thanks,
Char

Thumbnail by red_princess_71
Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

and the 2nd one

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

I'd guess some type of Anthurium.

Very pretty leaf!

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

An alocasia of some sort?

GH

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

kniphofia,

Thanks so much..i do believe it is that...least i have something to go on now..and WOW at the pretty flowers....

Char

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

It looks very 'alocasia-ish' to me, too.

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Well you guys whatever it is...I just love it...got it sitting by my african mask and PP that my "FRIENDS" here got me...

Have a good day everyone

Char

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

ok ladies i have was wondering is this normal for this plant....It is doing really good, i seem to be watering it good and it is getting good light. I even have another little baby coming,as you can see in the pic :o) however i was wondering if it was normal for the one leaf to drop like it...it does look like it is starting to curve back up, and the leaf is not dying or turning brown.

Thanks Again,

Char

edited to add the pic....duhhh

This message was edited May 12, 2006 8:34 AM

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Here is the pic...

Char

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

I'd guess that it's 'reaching' for light?

I've seen them do that before, especially when grown indoors, as they're accustomed (like all plants, I guess!) to light from *above*, which we normally can't provide indoors without overhead lights.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

"I'd guess that it's 'reaching' for light?" Oh Nan...I know you were trying to make a funny...but can you just see where I could go with this? "The light...the light...I'm reaching for the light" Geez, hope someone else fines the humor...I'm gonna feel pretty stupid if not. LOL

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Umm...Chantell....you either need a nap or some more coffee!!??? LOL! (j/k w/you!)

I'm serious...that's what it looks like to me....as though maybe the lighting is not reaching that particular leaf and so it's 'bending' it's way to find it....if you've grown Alocasias indoors you'd know what I mean....some of mine do this. ???? Ü

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Don't drink coffee...but really would like a nap!!! I know there was a show...movie...sitcom...or commericial where someone kept saying "the light, the light...reaching for the light" Probably Close Encounters of the Third Kind...would be my luck!! LOL I don't grow those plants...but I have some that I have to literally turn EVERY day or they start doing the break dance bends...LOL I wasn't poking fun at you...promise *hugs* - I just found it amusing...of course I've been sitting at work by myself and am starting to get a bit stir crazy...good thing I work for a psychiatrist eh? LOL

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

LOL!! I know!
(I don't remember that, so I guess that's why I didn't get it!)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.