Took Advantage Of...

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

The few hours of sunshine and 63 degree temps in Baltimore today. I potted up some of my plants and let them bask in the on again, off again sun for a couple of hours. I also misted everyone with Eleanor's this morning(couldn't wait).:)

1st pic: Noid African Violet

This message was edited Apr 23, 2006 4:20 PM

Thumbnail by GrowHappy
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Nematanthus Ubatuba

Thumbnail by GrowHappy
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Nematanthus Santa Theresa

Thumbnail by GrowHappy
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Baby's Tears

Thumbnail by GrowHappy
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Alocasia Polly

Thumbnail by GrowHappy
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Anredera Cordifolia

Thumbnail by GrowHappy
Livermore, KY(Zone 6a)

I love the Alocasia Polly, very nice.

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

That AV's a beauty!!
I love the variegated ones.

OK....where'd you get those Nematanthus?!? LOL!!

I recently got one like your first one pictured, (with the red-backed leaves) from a person in FLA, and she calls it N. champagne?
She even checked with her vendor on the name......does yours have really *large* leaves for a Nematanthus?
Did yours have a tag?

(Just wondering if we might have the same one?)

PS....Ill get in touch w/you in the near future on those begonia cuttings....wanted you to know I hadn't forgotten!

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

The Nematanthus with the big red backed leaves is called 'Ubatuba' and came from Lyndon Lyons. I've learned that this is a brazilian species and is so named after a part of Brazil. The other one that isn't quite as exciting(:) is called Santa Theresa. If you go here, you can see descriptions of each. You'll understand better why I bought them for the beautiful flowers they are to produce! http://www.lyndonlyon.com

Holding my britches, Nan, for the beautiful 'Thurstonii'. :)

Thank you,

GH

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Hi GH!
Did you purchase these directly from LL?
(Always curious;)

What size are the leaves of the red-backed one?

I've no idea what the blooms of this one I have, 'Champagne' are to look like, but I'm a 'foliage fanatic', so wanted it because the foliage was so striking.

I keep checking on Thurstonii's progress.....slow but sure!

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Hey there Nan!

I did indeed purchase these directly from LyndonLyon's website. The most mature leaf on the plant is 2 inches across. The smaller ones are 1 inch. Of course, the babies aren't even that!

Go for it- I like Lyndon Lyon. Got a nice shipment of plants.

GH

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Nice An and Nematanthus , I have some nive Av's and Gesneraids on order from them.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.