Alligator plant

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

I bought a little alligator plant (that's what the guy said)at the flea market about a year ago. It has now grown into about 14 inches tall. My problem is it's dropping babies like crazy. I was looking at it today, there are about a hundred babies about to be dropped. I hate to destroy them, would anyone like these for a SASE padded envelope?
Jan

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

i have never heard of an alligator plant b4...anyone know the real name so i can see what it looks like....thanks

It's Kalanchoe daigremontiana, the "Mother of Thousands"--but a well grown plant is more like "Mother of Millions".

Fulton, MS(Zone 7a)

And I got 2 LOL now i have 100's of babies giving them away to anybody that will have them. But still like them just be real careful where you put them.

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Hi Jan,

Any chance you've got a grade school or elementary school near you to whom you could donate these? (I'm not a Mom, but always thought if I were) small kids would just love to see these plants & how they grow. HTH = Hope this helps.

Bellefontaine, OH(Zone 5a)

Does anyone have a pic they can upload of this plant......I searched but with no luck......I am beginning to wonder if I am the proud owner of my own baby making machine....
Lisa

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Pls. look at Desert-tropicals.com, look under succulents for Brophyphyllum Digremontiana or Kalanchoe Digremontiana. Not the very best pic, but if you can imagine little tiny plantlets at each 'tooth' of the serrated leaf edges, that would be them. HTH

This is the plant i have been looking for i think. I saw one years ago a elderly lady had. i would love to have some of this. Would it be better if i sent a small box? Send me your address please.

I would like to try some. email me.
thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.