Woo Hoo Where are all the Centeral Fl. crowd?

Lakeland, FL

Okay folks, time to check in. Lonely over here ha ha.

St Augustine, FL(Zone 9a)

I guess that means me. I am here. Karen

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Waaaaahhhh, I am not Central Florida, but I am here. Going to be too hot to be outside and I don't wanna clean house right now.

How yall doing?

Molly
:^)))

Lakeland, FL

Well good two present and accounted for. Good to see ya. Hot here to and I have got to plant my nuns cap orchid-- at least that is in the shade. Phew. My daughter Star has been in the hospital since last Mon. She has some neurological problems so we are waiting for another consult. hagd all. Corky

So Sorry to hear about Star. I hope things work out for the best.

We have no bad news up here other than I'm running out of money and ought to get a job. Ha!!! Maybe next week.

We are very lucky here.
Molly

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Molly I hate when that happens. Have you passed your cards out locally yet? I have the faith that $? is just temporary.
Corky,
Please know your daughter and you are in my prayers. That is very scarey.
Sidney

Sidney,

I am stuck in a dilemma. Anyone who knows me, knows I am not a lazy person, right? My dilemma, if I pass out business cards I will have to go back to work, hmmmmm, just kinda silly, making excuses to complain, right?

Ok, ok, no I haven't passed out the cards, and you've give me the nudge I need to quit procrastinating and complaining.

Molly
:^))))

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Palm Bay Florida here....ie Melbourne area..

Riverview, FL(Zone 9b)

I am in Riverview- Tampa Bay area

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Hey Corky, My daughter lives in Bartow....does that count? (grin) I really don't know where I belong, just twixt and tween everybody. But I ALMOST got to come to your last RU.
Paty

Citra, FL

Im Citra, halfway between Ocala and Gainesville. Is there any better place in the world to live?

Rockledge, FL(Zone 9b)

I live in Rockledge.

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

sylck...gosh you're just up the road from me

Hawthorne, FL(Zone 8b)

I'm between Gainesville and Hawthorne, just south of Grove Park. Some speculator bought up 80 acres next to my 36 and now wants ONE MILLION DOLLARS for it. Insane. I don't really count as Central Florida either. You can grow citrus commercially in the south of Marion County (there is a tiny grove along 301 just north of Citra, but I suspect that it's more a tourist attraction than a serious grove), and that's about as far north as I'd call "Central Florida." I have camphor trees lurking in what canopy cover I have (all the big live oaks on my land seem to be in the wrong places for providing winter shelter to things I want to grow), but out in the open even those are zapped by frosts. It gets cold here sometimes.

Lakeland, FL

Wow, look at all these good folks, good to hear from ya. Pati, I am having another roundup in the fall. This last one was a lot of fun, along w/ nice plants, seeds etc. Keep in touch everybody take pics and submit to this forum and I will to. xoxoxox, Corky

Corky,

Glad to hear about your fall round up. I really want to make that one!!!!

May I hi-jack your thread for a moment since we have so much attention here?

I am seriously thinking about having a round up here at my place. My first thought for a date was 5/27, that's a Saturday. Would anyone be able to fit that date into your schedules? Or maybe a little into the middle of June to allow just a bit more planning time.

Thanks Corky,
Molly

Molly, count me in!!! Can't wait to see all you've done to your new home!
Pati

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Red Alert, Red Alert! A-woooo-ga! A-woooo-ga!

Could someone please turn off that intruder alert? I'm from Fort Lauderdale (S FL) but I have good friends on this thread.

To Molly, Sidney big hugs and kisses. I can't wait to see you girls again. Molly, worry not about financial matters. You're a good person who values autonomy and self-sufficience. You'll be all right. I respectfully refer you to Matthew 6:26-31. The nudge you need may very well come from the principles expounded in these verses.

Corky, I was really sorry to read about your daughter. Although I don't know you personally, I will keep you and Star in my prayers. The Powers Above have already been alerted as I was reading your post. They're on the case, I'll keep reminding Them daily, so there's no reason why I should wish you luck with this. If faith can move mountains, why couldn't it give you a helping hand in your time of need?

Corky, you're having a round-up in the fall? Could a southern Florida guy drive up there and participate? I'm certain I could scrounge up something from my garden to share, make some fudge, whatever.

Molly, a round-up on May 27th at your place? What is this place, 7th heaven? I'd love to attend if it's OK with you. Maybe I could bring a few of the South Florida Gallopping Gardeners with me. Oh, this is so much fun!

I include a picture of me with some african lillies. I always liked that one.

In closing, I ask again: could someone please turn off that intruder alert? LOL

Bye all, gotta think about making supper.

Sylvain.

This message was edited Apr 23, 2006 7:15 PM

Thumbnail by lourspolaire
Lakeland, FL

Any time folks. Well less see, Molly come on down--Sylvain come on up hee hee hee

Indialantic, FL(Zone 10a)

Another Melbourne gardener here.... actually Indialantic.

8*)

Sylvain,

Good to see you stop in and I am uplifted with your words.

Do you know it's a 5 1/2 hour drive up here from down there? But that would be great if you could come, bring your wife and other GGer's.

The 27th May is Memorial Day weekend and might be a conflict for many people. I will give this a couple days and decide fer sure for May or middle June.

Molly

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi, Molly.

Glad I could bring a bit of an uplift into your life. I have always enjoyed Matthew's style. These verses are among my favourite since childhood: heady stuff!

I do know it's a 5 1/2 hour drive. So what? I'm retired, I have a car in good running order, I enjoy driving, there is no hotel personnel strike on the horizon, what's to stop me? Gail doesn't enjoy such long drives but I do. I would be going on my own and that's OK with her. One day to drive up, another day for the Roundup, get a good night's sleep and drive back to Fort Lauderdale on the 3rd day. Sounds great to me. It even sounds like a plan to me.

I'm looking forward to any date you decide.

Sylvain

Gainesville, FL(Zone 8b)

Molly, I'm new here, but I would love to come on the 27th -- or another time. I'm a short ride away in G-ville.

Palm Harbor, FL(Zone 9b)

hi from the west coast, but its still central- I am in pinellas but I am new to gardening and this site but I would like to thank you all as your previous threads and thoughts have been a big help with my new hobby! -kristi

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Hi group.....I'm still here too! Just had a bad past few weeks with my brothers death and funeral, but am ready to get rolling again.
Don't forget the Flower and Garden show just started at EPCOT.
Corky, Star will certainly be in our prayers!=0
A few things are springing up in my yard here and there, so now that we've actually had a day of rain, I know things will really get cranking!
Sylvain, you are definitely welcome in this part of the state anytime!

Going to Epcot today. Will report back here. Karen

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Hello all :)

I'm going to check in, even though I'm new here...I'm in Plant City.

Welcome CarrieAnna!!! I'm first to say high, and I don't even live in Central Florida. Bet the strawberries were lucious this year!
Pati

(Zone 9a)

I am from Mascotte (near Groveland, Clermont).

I am sorry to hear about Star, Corky, and your brother, MerryMary. Happy Belated Birthday, Sylvain. I don't have a computer at home, so I am not online a lot and missed sending you a greeting. My daughter comes home in the middle of May. (I miss her computer as much as I miss her.)

I hope to make Corky's roundup in the fall. I hope to go to Molly's, too, but I am not sure about the 27th.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

MM, So sorry about your loss. I will be glad to be anywhere any time. We have job May 8 thru 29th, but they might not need me that long.
Sidney

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

They were wonderful...and not so many birds this year so I didn't have to listen to all the racket they make trying to scare them off!

Lakeland, FL

Well Folks,When it rains it pours. I got my daughter home last nite and she is doing okay considering her brain issues. This A. M a dear friend of mines hubby found her "asleep" on there couch. I got there and paramedics were working on her but was too late-- She died in her sleep sometime during the nite. She was at the roundup here and just a precious person. She is the one that made the beautiful punch w/ all the fruit etc. K, Gonna go now xoxoxox, Corky

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Aw, Corky. {{{{{{Corky}}}}}}

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm here. Been busy on my off time doing a clean up of the back yard after being run by the dogs for 15 yrs. We cleared out everything. Weeds, plants, junk trees etc. Replaced run down fencing. Starting with a clean slate. I've been collecting plants for several years and keeping them potted for this occasion. Almost done painting the house. (Yes Molly, still at it. LOL).
Jan...

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I am here.

Finishing my dissertation, feeling dumber than ever.

Hence, the quiet, except for the frustration over Peter Cottontail
eating my impatiens and blue daze.

lol

Nina

Viera, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi,
I'm in Sparr, a little town north of Ocala, next to Citra actually.
Out here in the country with 3 horses, a dog, 40 birds, 4 turtles, 2 prairie dogs and about 5000 plants (we have a nursery :) )
Liz

Thumbnail by birdlady_liz

Hi Nina, are you close to finishing? Karen

Homosassa, FL(Zone 9a)

corky59
hi, im from homosassa

Pinellas Park, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi Liz,
Don't you just love the curcumas. Mine are just popping their heads up now.
I do wish they were evergreen though.
Jan...

Chapin, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi Everybody,

Just saw this thread. Corky and MerryMary, {{{{{{{{H}}}}}}}}, I'll be praying for you and yours.

It's like Christmas here with the daylilies blooming. Here's a recent one, 'Chance Encounter'.

June would be much better for me for the round-up. May is swamped!

Karen,
How are you? How is your landscape project coming along? I was so sorry to hear about your daylily experience. There are organic things for rust. I hope I get to see you again sometime soon.

Enjoy this gorgeous weather!

Leslie

Thumbnail by LaLambchop

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.