Home Depot Finds This Evening

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

For the office, I got a variegated lipstick. I'm guessing the flowers will be red.

Thumbnail by GrowHappy
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Sansevieria Hahnii Jade Dwarf Marginated-

Thumbnail by GrowHappy
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Finally, Peperomia Magnolifolia. I'd never heard of this one before. Since it is an Exotic Angel plant, it could very well be mislabeled!

Thumbnail by GrowHappy
Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Very Pretty!
I especially love the variegated lipstick!
I have the regular one. It has not bloomed for me but I had to cut the vines as they were just WAAAAY too long *lol*

Kim

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Great finds. Love the variegated lipstick too.
Patti

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes I agree, Great Finds,
I have the Sansevieria, I love mine, got it at lowes and it had a side shoot coming up so i got 2 for the price of one....
and about the lipstick plant i think i have one, let me post the pick, i did not know what it was but it looks like that....

I sure hope that is it cause that one is georgous and hopefully it will get full like that one....

Char

Thumbnail by red_princess_71
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Char, yours is definitely a gesneriad. It looks like Lipstick, but then the hard, glossy look of the leaves make me think it's nematanthus. Are those leaves variegated? Don't you just LOVE variegated plants? I do. I'm a sucker for variegated leaves.

GH

Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Right that's it - I'm off to HD this weekend! That sans is gorgeous!

Oshkosh, WI(Zone 4b)

Great finds! So healthy looking.

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

GrowHappy,

Amazing what you can find at the big 3 these days. Here is a cyclamen I got at our HD a few weeks ago. It's really come into full bloom now. This was around $4 to boot.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

The other two cyclamen I got at the same time.

The florist azalea below these two cyclamen is one I got at Wal-Mart yesterday for $6.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Great finds, GH....was it a new shipment? lol!

The HD closest to me usually has dreadful plants, unless they're 'just in'!

I think that Pep just might be labeled correctly, except that it's variegated! (So it should say variegata or something to that effect at the end.)

The cyclamen are beautiful too, hcmdole.....I saw some gorgeous ones at WM a week or so ago....but I left them alone as I forget about them when they go dormant and they dry up on me!!

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

GH,

Yes it is verigated...i just love it....so pretty... you think i trim the long pieces down and maybe try to root them and them put them in the middle to make it look alittle fuller that would work?

Thanks,

Char

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Hey Char,

If you have multiple long stems, I would cut one or two, root them and put them back in the pot to achieve a fuller look. I think it's neat to have at least one long stem hanging down in a hanging basket. Are you going to place yours outside for the summer?

GH

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Very nice. Don't you just love variegated foliage?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.