Clivia Seeds have grown white nubs....

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

From what I've read, these are the beginnings of the roots. A couple of the seeds actually do have some thin roots coming from the "nub" area. I pulled it out of the dirt to see what was going on and sure enough, a couple of them do have some real roots. How long does it take for the roots to establish themselves? And then, how long before there is a sprout to make me all giddy? :)

Thanks,
GH

Drumheller, AB(Zone 2a)

Morning GrowHappy,

I am not sure how long it takes...I planted a deep yellow on March 1 and still nothing is happening. The fellow I bought it from says to keep it in a dark place but others say to keep it in the light so I am confused as to what to do with the silly thing.

How long did yours take to sprout? Did you soak it first or anything?

Hope someone can help and I am sure someone will.

Joanne

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi Joanne,

I soaked the seeds for 2 days. I planted them on or about March 17th. Only one of the 20 seeds I planted grew a nub after being soaked. Now all but 3 of them have those nubs. I can't tell you how long it took those to grow the nubs because I just checked them yesterday.

When I planted them, I lightly pressed the seeds into the mix. I did not cover them. The room they are in gets bright indirect light and is constantly at 70 degrees. I keep the mix very moist.

This message was edited Apr 10, 2006 12:46 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.