Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

I will send you the big one for your mom:

Thumbnail by GrowHappy
Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Close up

Thumbnail by GrowHappy
Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

GH,

Thanks so much..she will love it...Your such a sweet person to do this for me...Just let me know what I owe ya for the plant and shipping.

Thanks Again,

Char

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi Char- you don't owe me anything. Dmail your addy and I'll ship it no later than Wednesday. We're supposed to have nice weather here in Baltimore all next week. What about where you are?

GH

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

GH...

AWW are you sure, i can pay you for it.....I thank you so much for getting it, she will be tickleled.

Char Lambert
419 Ingram Mountain Road
Lilesville, NC 28091

Thanks so much,

Char

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Hey Char:)

I just mailed your package Priority Mail. Hopefully, you will receive it on Wednesday.

GH

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Thank You so much GH... If you need anything pertaining to houseplants or the cacti i got, please let me know.

Thanks alot

Char

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

GH,

THANK YOU so much for the moses in the cradle...and OMGosh the Pink Princess was a total shock...Your such a sweetheart...It just amazing me how many people on here are like angels....Did you know that I have been wanting one for like the longest time...and could not find one.
If there is anything i can do for you in reguards to houseplants or anything else please let me know.

Thanks So Much {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{big hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Char

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi Char,

I'm glad your package arrived today. I hope the plants weren't in bad condition. I had them stamp on there perishable and fragile to guard against that.

Yes, I did know that you have been wanting a Philo Pink Princess. I had that to share, so I did. Enjoy the little darling!

You're welcome, and (((((((((((big hugs))))))))))))))))) back to you!

GH

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

GH, THAT was so sweet of you to send Char her Pink Princess!
Char is such a sweetie.
Now Char, both of your "need to haves" have been filled *lol* Time to make a new list of "need to haves" *lol*
How is your African Mask making out? Must look striking with your new Princess :)
I am SO tickled to hear that GH could fill that need of yours :)
Aren't gardeners the sweetest, kindest people on the planet?
Although I have been unable to find Bella, I am tickled to report that I will be getting my other "need to have" which is a fernleaf peony in a trade soon! I can't wait! I am SO excited.
I have been looking everywhere for a peach Easter Cactus also but can't find that one anywhere in Maine. Looks like they only made it as far as Canada :(
Well Friend, I hope to hear from you and GH wanted to tell you how kind and thoughtful it was of you to share your Princess with Char :)

Kim

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Kim,
I finally found Easter Cactus (at my local grocery store, no less) listed as Sunrise Cactus...guess they didn't want to have to drop the price on something that was called Easter Cactus eh? Or maybe they didn't think it was "politically correct" - grrrr! Only reds...I didn't want that color though... *sad face* Oh well...maybe next year.

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Wonderful ! GH your so kind to share your plants :))
Beautiful plant Char !

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Kindness among gardeners is contagious. Last year, I had a very generous gentleman share some Sans and Aroids(two of my fav. plant families) with me in a trade. Totally unexpected. Words could not describe how thankful I was. He was my garden angel and when I can, I like to pass that blessing on.

GH

This message was edited Apr 22, 2006 7:14 PM

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

P.S. Not to mention, if you LOVE something so, like Char loves the PP, you should have it. This is a woman's creed. LOL

GH

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

GH,
I absolutely agree re kindness among gardeners...

To All: I've been amazed and speechless with folks here at Daves. With all of it's bad rap...I met some wonderful sellers on Ebay that have sent me numerous extras....and/or added things that I expressed an interest in and/or reduced the price to practically nothing. There are so many good people in the world...sadly the media focuses on those that aren't. Love that song..."It's a Wondeful World" Plants give such pleasure...and it's so nice to be around a group of folks that understand that concept. I can't even begin to tell you how many "here" that have made my day with goodie boxes...the list is long!!! Thanks to everyone!!!
Chantell

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

chantell i so agree since i have joined so many have been so good to me as well! i have met so many wonderful people on this site! aren't we blessed dave started this site!

kelly

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

grow happy you are a treasure! how sweet to do this for Char!! Char is a sweetie as well. She sent me a box of wandering jew cuttings awhile back and they are doing great!!

kelly

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Chantell, re: Daves Garden's bad rap. I don't get it. There are some who feel like Dave's is "too religious", so they treat it like the bubonic plague. Not nice, at all. There are some who just have no reason for not liking Dave's and I don't understand why. I liked it from the beginning(sometime last year). The people here are just so nice. No grandstanding, nastiness or otherwise(that I've seen). This site is a blessing in my life.

GH

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Violet, GH, Chantell,

I agree with you all 100% about gardeners being kind. I have made some wonderful caring people here and to think i stumbled upon DG by accident one day. I joined and then just fell in love with it wealth of knowledgable people.
And as far as how shocked i was to receive the PP from GH, which by the way in not doing so well, dont know if you all think this is silly, but i've been praying for it to come outta is sad case of shock or whatever is wrong with it....I just love it and dont want nothing to happen to it.

I have found a couple of generous people on ebay that also give extra plants when you buy from them..that is how i got my lipstick plant..which btw i love it....but i cant get attached to any other plants now.. i have to take care of the ones i got and WHEW it is rough taking care of them, although i love it, it will wear you out.

Well as Chantell said in her post....To All: I've been amazed and speechless with folks here at Daves, I agree with her.

Char

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh no, Char:( What's the matter with the PP? What's it doing? What are it's conditions now? I pray it's just shock and will come out of whatever attitude it's got!

GH

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

GH - I'm sorry that I worded that wrong...I was referring to Ebay sometime getting a "bad rap." And simply I've had more good experiences with it then bad. Of course it's always more monetarily benefical to do trades but sometimes I simply can't resist something unique. As for my "family" here at Dave's - as my teenagers say "it's all good!!!" Hugs to you all!

Char,
Hope you're plant is doing better - maybe ask GH about lighting/watering needs?

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

i will take a pic and show you....

I pray for it everyday, numerous times..and have my mom doing the same...It is just all droopy and stuff....Do you think i should put it outside during the day, where it is hot and a wee bit humid and then bring it in at night?
It's funny how if you dont pay any attention to some plant they thrive and flurish and other you can love them death (literally)
Please say a prayer that it pops outta whatever funk it is in....I so love it and want it to do good.

Thanks again GH

Char

Thumbnail by red_princess_71
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Char,
I know nothing about those plants...but I was wondering...do those pots have some type of drainage or did you put gravel/rocks beneath the soil?

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, poor, poor PP! May I ask what size pot it is planted in? How often do you water it? Also, have you peeked at the roots? How do they look, firm or mushy?

GH

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Good question, Chantell! My thinking is that it is suffering from rot. Awwww, poor baby. (wiping the tears from my eyes.):)))

GH

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Thank you GH - I just always wonder about the "pretty" pots - how good they end up being for the plants. I'm more into the C & S and of course drainage is crucial to them. I hope you saw my post where I explained by "bad rap" I was referring to Ebay. Don't want anyone to think I have anything negative to say about Dave's

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

GH and Chantell,

I just checked the roots and they are firm and hard.....and I only watered it twice since i got her and the size of the pot is 71/2 wide at the top and from top to bottom 6 1/2...should i put her in a smaller pot till she gets established?

Char

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh yes! Like, right away. 7.5 inches is way to big. Put it in a shallow 4 inch pot(which is what i had her growing in). You don't want to go too much bigger than the root ball when potting up plants. No more than an inch of soil around the root ball( some go 2 inches, but your soil has to be really well aerated).

I water my PP only when the soil is dry. Keep check , cuz you don't want it to get too dry. I keep mine on a pebble tray or very close to a humidifer, as it LOVES humidity. Bright, indirect light is best.

Hope this is helpful, Char. I don't want you to lose Miss PP!

GH

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Chantell, this is way OT, but since you mentioned that you are really into C and S: Today, I saw the cutest Optunia and it was shaped like Mickey Mouse ears! Can you believe this? I had it in my hand and was going to buy it, but changed my mind. Optunias aren't cute to me, but the shape of this one was what lured me in. LOL Glad I was able to exercise some self control. I rarely am able to do that!

GH

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

GH...DONE

I've put her in her very own lil pot...and took a pic for you...to see if this is ok?
I dont want anything to happen to her....I did notice some new roots, they are white that are coming out on the main stalk, so this is good news....should i water her with a wee bit of Miracle Grow water?

Char

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Self control? What praytell is that? LOL My idea of self control is to ask if anyone at Dave's has it BEFORE I buy or bid on it...LOL

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Yeah Char...that sounds like good news!!!

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Whew! Yes, Char, that is much, much better. :) No fertilizer until she is established. What kind of soil are you using? Just make sure that you add some perlite to increase the aeration.

GH

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Funny you 2 should mention mickey mouse ears... after Valentines Day they had these heart shaped succulents on sale for a buck...I bought and if it blooms and vines then your supposed have good love and friendship for life....

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ooooo....something I don't have....yippeee! What size pot is that for ref?

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

GH,

I use MG potting soil for just about everything... Is that good or should i try something else? I will do just about anything at this point....

Char

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Chantell,

It is a 4 inch pot...isnt it the neatest lil plant....i love it finding these odd lil plants.

If there was such a way to divide it i would give you a heart, since there is 2 of them..i will look tomorrow and see if can divide it....if i can I will surely send you it :o)

Char

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Oh, Char, that looks like a sweetheart Hoya, aka Hoya Kerrii. It's gorgeous! This is one I don't have, but will get someday. Hoyas like to be potted small, so keep it in that pot for a few years(seriously) LOL It will help it bloom too.

I love the hard waxy leaves of H. Kerrii. I DO have the variegated version of it, though. Will post a pic.

Thumbnail by GrowHappy
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Char,
Don't hurt the little guy...seriously. I wonder what it's real name is - what family it's in? So cute!!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Mercy....Hoyas..God bless them!! I got my four hoyas when they were in a solo cup w/2 leaves...moved them to 4 in. pots 4 yrs ago...and that's where they're still at...LOL Bella loves her pot....

Thumbnail by Chantell

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.