April Beardeds are on their way!

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

gonzomamma - that is one nice photo of Rock Star. Unusual coloring on that one. I can see why you like it. :-)

You're right Doss - - one never really knows what one will get once you start crossing irises. That is what makes it so fun!

Here is what's blooming today.
Words and Music

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Blooming now too.
Palindrone

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

This too.
Kiss of Gold

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

I have a few interesting seedlings that are just now blooming too. I'll put those photos on the seedling thread.

~ Margie

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I'll meet you on the seedling thread. Beautiful. Aren't they all magical?

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

This is blooming today.

Spring Fling

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I have some new ones blooming but the rain is drowning them - as well as the rest of N. California.
Beautiful Margie!

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

I love the color on 'Spring Fling'.

Drowning in N. Cal is right. I'm afraid we're going to lose quite a few iris-they're just too wet.

Sandy

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I think that as long as it stays cool they will be all right. None of mine are showing signs of stress. It seems as if the heat and the moisture together are really what causes rot.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

They are all so beautiful! I love that Spring Fling, Margie.

These are blooming for me now but I do not know their names.

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

And this morning . . .

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

this morning

Thumbnail by trunnels
Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

one more

Thumbnail by trunnels
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Trunnels, your garden is just alive! Isn't this a fun time. All is beauty.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, Doss, I just love this time of year. I love going out every morning before work to see what is there waiting for me.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Tunnels they are beautiful
Thanks for sharing your pictures love to sit and be a" looky lou "

Shelbyville, TX(Zone 8b)

I have 2 Irises this year... Have no idea what they are..but they are pretty so I am going to keep them...These are prbly common ones but I am enjoying them.. I will one day have a bed full..

Thumbnail by ronda_m_tx
Shelbyville, TX(Zone 8b)

my other one

Thumbnail by ronda_m_tx

ronda very pretty colors
i just love iris

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, y'all are killing me. These are all so beautiful. I have three more buds and am just waiting for the blooms. Lovely pictures of beautiful irises. I can't wait to see what blooms next.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks, Tazzy! Those are beautiful, Rhonda!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

This is IB delirium. We finally got a break from the rain!

Edited to say that it's supposed to be "Delirium" but it looks significantly different from the photos in the PF. Although it is very close to the photo and the description on the vendor's page.
http://www.bluejiris.com/

Any thoughts?

This message was edited Apr 14, 2006 11:13 AM

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Here's IB Pretty Princess

Thumbnail by doss
Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

This is IB Captive. The medians are having a good time right now!

Thumbnail by doss
Vancouver, WA(Zone 7a)

doss~

That's Delirium. It looks different depending on whose garden it's in and the weather/lighting conditions. It's pretty hard to mistake that one because it has such a unique color combination and pattern.

I love 'Captive'!

Laura

Doss
"Delirium" is a beauty ! WOW !

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks Laura, The photos in the plantfiles were so different. This cultivar really changes depending on where it's planted!

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Those are lovely photos Dorothie! I love Delirium. ( I saw it on a Region 15 Trek once) As a matter of fact - - I've had it for almost 3 years now, but it has never bloomed for me. I'm hoping maybe this year. Medians have a tough time blooming here. (Our climate) I've just about given up on growing them. (all except the BB's - they WILL bloom here just fine.)

I'm glad you have a break from the rain.............now we can see more of your photos! :-)

~Margie

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Sigh. All I have are green blades and promises. Your photos are so beautiful that they make my heart ache.

Tazzy --your second seedling didn't get to bloom last year, but BOY, did it increase! Can't wait to see some buds on that baby.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I have quite a few medians and some have refused to grow at all. These three are first year plants so I don't know how they'll do in the future. Let's hope that they do all right because they are really lovely.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wanda, what kind of iris seedlings are they? Tall bearded? Luminatas?

~Margie

Wanda i hope it blooms It is my pride and joy
nine plus buds and throw up extra stalk .
It is lovely blue blend, a real blue no purple in it.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

A REAL blue................... oh Tazzy - - you just tuged at my heart strings!! :-)

~Margie

McGregor, IA(Zone 4b)

Wow! Candy Apple Classic - is the color really that intense? And Witching is very unique. I had better start making my list...
Sharon

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Candy Apple Classic is deeper than the photo - but yes. It's just intense and vibrant, has a lovely fragrance, lots of buds, strong stems and a huge flower. Highly recommended. I was just out in the yard today thinking that Witching has one of the loveliest fragrances among my daylilies. The flower is smaller but really unique.

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Doss, Captive is one of the prettiest I have ever seen!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Captive is a Blyth 99 iris. He does grow pretty things.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Here's a continuation of this thread
edited to say that the link in the next post by MGH is the correct one.

This message was edited Apr 21, 2006 11:01 AM

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

doss, that was a link to the first pic on the new thread. ;o)

Here's the thread:
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/594207/

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks so much Mendy. I'm glad that I have good friends watching out for me!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.