How to keep Ceropegia linearis woodii 'Pink Edge' happy?

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

I just bought a Ceropegia linearis woodii 'Pink Edge' plant and am thrilled with it. I want to be sure to keep it happy and healthy so I would love advice. Thanks.

Thumbnail by NoH2O
Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

i dont have this variety just the normal one but i let mine dry between waterings. i have mine growing in front of my french doors and mine seems happy. it was just 6 cuttings when i got it a month ago and is really growing already. okay i checked my miracle gro encyclopedia for plant care and it says........ give bright light for best form. will tolerate medium light but won't be as full. summer likes 70-75 winter 60-65. tolerates low to average humidity. if you see signs of stress like browing of leaves provide more moisture by placing in tray of moist pebbles. allow to dry between waterings then soak soil well. when resting in winter water sparingly. feed monthlyt with half-strength foilage plant food during active growth. don't fertilize in winter. performs best when potbound. if necessary repot in april before new growth begins. a summer outdoors in dappled light will benefit it. propagate by stem cuttings or by planting tubers that form at leaf bases.

i grow mine in cactus succulent mix soil.

kelly

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Wow, kelly, you covered everything! Thanks so much. I will try to post a picture later this summer showing how it is doing.

Santa Barbara, CA(Zone 10b)

Well, since I'm in southern California, I grow mine outdoors all year. This one sits on a shelf with a lot of other little succulents and gets good light but no direct sun. I also have some that get a couple hours of morning sun and they do well also.

Thumbnail by jooolster
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Oh, I am inspired now. That looks so great. Does the pot it is in have drainage holes?

Santa Barbara, CA(Zone 10b)

I'm glad it inspired you! Yes, the pitcher has drainage holes. I like to find cute containers at garage sales & thrift stores, and then I drill drainage holes in them.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

It looks great in that pitcher.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

What an adorable plant and original planter!!! Yeah for you!!! Very nice combination!

Roopville, GA(Zone 7b)

nice idea jooolster! looks great!!!!!!!!!!!

kelly

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.