Birds Nest Fern

Oshkosh, WI(Zone 4b)

Just showing off another new purchase. The people at the garden store know me by name now, since I visit them so often! LOL

Thumbnail by candace101
Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Beautiful plant...congratulations! Maybe since they know you they will start giving discounts :-)

Oshkosh, WI(Zone 4b)

Thank you, stownes! I'm not sure if I'll get any discounts at the garden store, but I did join their garden club, so every little bit helps! ;-)

Silex, MO(Zone 5b)

Wow- that is a beautiful plant. It's so shiny that it almost glows LOL.

Oshkosh, WI(Zone 4b)

Thanks, beccalynns! I think that's what attracted me to this plant, was it's looks. I usually shy away from ferns, but this one really looked so nice that I just had to have it.

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Beautiful plant with beautiful pot.
Kaleem

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

That is a nice one, Candace...and I agree w/Kaleem about the pot!

Someone once mentioned that they water theirs right onto the crown so that's what I've been doing for a year or so, and it's the longest I've ever had a BN fern survive for me!

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Nan
Thank you so much for the tip, I have this plant but that is not beautiful as candace101's.
Kaleem

Oshkosh, WI(Zone 4b)

Thank you, Kaleem and Nan! That pot came from the Dollar Store here. Better selection of pots there than the gardening store sometimes.

Thanks for the watering tip too, Nan. I'll try that with my BN fern too!

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

It didn't sound right to me at first.....seemed to me that the crown of the fern would rot if watered that way, but I started to water that way with my most recent one, and really, it has survived much longer than any I've had in the past (and I've had a few, lol! as this is one of my favorite ferns!)

I really love ferns, but they don't always 'love me back'!

Candace...which dollar store? Is it FD or DG, by chance?

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

I wanna know too..I love the pot and the fern seems like they go together..!! :o)))

Loretta..

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

For those of you who've been following the Dreaded Fungus Knat post...it's my Birds Nest Fern that's attracted the little suckers!!! Personally that's how I water mine via the crown...I've had it since it was in a 3 in pot from Wally World...yikes, 5 years ago? It's now in a 12 in pot...God bless it's little heart...probably wondering when I'm going to finally rid it of the nasty flying beasts!!! :)

Oshkosh, WI(Zone 4b)

Hi Nan,

I got the pot at the Dollar Tree store here in Oshkosh. I haven't looked at the pots at Dollar General yet, and haven't been to Family Dollar in years because it's on the other side of town! I've heard that both of those stores have lots of pots to choose from.

SW, WI(Zone 4b)

Thanks, Candace.

Dollar Tree is the only one that we don't have 'round here!

Dollar General stores are popping up everywhere!

I've found a few nice ones at FD in the past.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.