My hanging baskets in March!

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

The craft foam worked very well. It's on the other thread. I don't think there's any reason to try anything else, I think this works great.

The only problem I can see w/ using this foam is long term use may end up with a fungus or bacteria, but I'm doubting it. I'm going to try to find out some more info about the foam to know for sure.

If it could get any kind of mildew or whatever I think we would need to seal it and that should take care of it.

I'll let everyone know what I find out asap.

Heather

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

How about using some charcoal in your planting mix. I believe it helps keep the soil purified or something like that.

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

I haven't been able to find ag charcoal here. However, I did just take a piece of the foam and run it under water and it repelled the water. Then I took some really wet, soggy soil...the same kind I used in the basket....and put it on top of the foam. I put all that in a big ole ziploc, then added some nice warm water. Sealed it up and placed it under my plant grow lights. I made sure the foam was sitting in the muddy water mess. We'll see what it looks like in a few days or a week. I may throw a piece of bread in there too, just to see what happens and if it clings to the foam. Now, doesn't that make you hungry? Mmmm!

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Tomtom I have contacted that company several times and still have not gotten a response...I wish I knew what to do because I really want those pots...

Loretta...

Silsbee, TX(Zone 9a)

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/596241/ Please see this thread if you are interested in ordering these planters. Please do not post info about ordering here, I'll miss it. Thanks

Loretta,
I just got a response from them. It took them about 2 weeks to get back to me, probably because of the language thing. Before they give me a price they want to know how many planters I'd be ordering.

I haven't had a chance to work on any planters here. Between getting the injection in my back and other things I just haven't been able to. Sorry. I haven't given up on it at all. I have a lot more ideas.

Can everyone let me know if they want to order planters from Japan, and how many they would like? Please don't tell me that it depends on cost!! I'm trying to figure out the cost!! LOL

They also said we can order just the inserts, the foam. If we want to try that we can.

I'll also post this on the other thread and see if any interest is generated. Please let me know how many planters you would like, and which ones. D-mail me if you want to.

Heather

This message was edited Apr 27, 2006 5:29 PM

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

I would get 6...oopps you said not to ask you the price so I won't..I had the guy that owns a nursery contact them and he has not gotten a response...So please let me know what you come up with...TIA...

Loretta....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.